Mountain bike conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
    i don't think your going to find any bmx frame with a chain stay long enough to house a 26" wheel
    Whats up with frames like this? Looks like 26" would fit in the rear, the frame seems long enough.

| 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

so a cruiser frame? i still don't think a 24" bmx bike is going to fit a 26" wheel. i get where your going with this (i have a 29er and understand your thinking) also something to take into consideration is both the bikes above are 11/8" head tubes with euro/spanish/mid bottom brackets. to use as an example the pictures above there is no room to fit another inch of wheel within the chain stay and seat stay bridges... you should look around a standardbykes.com they will make you a frame to do whatever you it too.

build thread?

Comment

yea thats a 24 for sure and unless im terribaly mistakin it will be a bitch to try and put a 26 in there. They used to make 26 cruisers bitd but they are ultra rare (read exspensive) now. Companies like mongoose, redline,profile etc. On another note im six foot three and my Free Agent Limo is a 20 incher with a 21.5 inch top tube and its nice for riding and great for jumping it...its getting to old for that stuff now though it hangs on my shed wall
        I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Guess I need to buy a BMX frame specifically made for 26" wheels like those above. Because I was trying to create one of those BMX bikes with the small frame I have but it didnt come out like I planned it to look.

bobbyjones: those bikes in the pictures have 26" wheels on them
          Last edited by kaidotech; 08-30-2011, 10:20 PM.
          | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

26"Eastern Traildigger frame......for sale $80 shipped to you!!!!
            Great shape just spray painted. Headset and BB included
            I also have steams, bars, forks, cranks and so on to build a full bike all 26" BMX style DJ, urban bike let me know. If I can help
            Some thing like this
            fatgolfmk3@hotmail.com
            Last edited by VRSEX; 09-02-2011, 10:52 AM.
            Ninjas and Pirates don't get along!

Comment

Working...
            X