Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automobile Enthusiasm: What's it mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ thats why i dont hang with the locals for the most part. they are the same way. punk kids leaving a mess and being generally disrespectful to everyone. the last time i went to check the local spots, some kid threw his 800 ounce 7-11 cup on the ground. i was like "thats why the cops are always breaking this up" then one of the kids was like "no, this is why." then he got in his Z and did donuts and shit. after that he tried to pick a fight with me for no reason. I am an old guy in the scene. and I dont really get the recent (5 years maybe) turn in mentality. it boggles my mind. maybe its not in every area, and if you are lucky enough to avoid it, I envy you. but for me its not enjoyable.

the environment and overall atmosphere is what does it for me. thats why i flew across the country to go to Stance of the Union. i knew what to expect. cool people hanging out having a great time. no egos
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Kielan, In no way, shape, or form, would I like to do that for you sir. LOL

Yeah I enjoy writing.

And yes, mongoloid is absolutely, whole heartedly 100% meant to be the most derogatory form of dialect possible.

And Average_Jerk, that's why we went to Import Alliance, everyone having a killer time, just enjoying cars, and having fun at night.
      Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

• i dont think you understand what mongoloid means. Its not a stupid person, its a race

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post

And yes, mongoloid is absolutely, whole heartedly 100% meant to be the most derogatory form of dialect possible.
          Okay and I'm Asian and nothing like any of the things you described so it's disrespectful as fuck to just lump everyone together. Should I start saying you're an inbred redneck since you're from the Midwest? Jesus fucking Christ

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
          i dont think you understand what mongoloid means. Its not a stupid person, its a race
          Was that directed at me or him? I obviously know what it means and it's the manner in which he's using it which is pissing me off. I'm the last person to ever give a fuck about stuff like that but the way he continues on with it is rude

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

That's

*snip*

"street scene".
            But if you are so dead set on "street racing" what interest is there between that and stance? If you ask me if pretty much sounds like you guys are toretto and his crew, and all the others are jonnie tran noobists....

Over here its different I guess, the whole street drag racing never took off. Touge was more the interest of the scene here, but that kept it well away from society.

Also dude, seriously, check your PM. The word Mongoloid is just as offensive as the N word. If you like this site and want to be a part of this community, shape up.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• To whom it may concern,

Derogatory language/attitude is NOT permitted on Stanceworks. PERIOD. Stop now, please. Or I will lock the thread and have a little chit-chat with the people involved.

Love, Calvin.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                Was that directed at me or him? I obviously know what it means and it's the manner in which he's using it which is pissing me off. I'm the last person to ever give a fuck about stuff like that but the way he continues on with it is rude
                im agreeing with you! I think HE doesnt know what it means

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• ^
                  Haha I figured, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion

Flickr

Comment

• I apologize, and never meant any disrespect to the asian race, and was not even really aware that it was a slur, directed towards the asian community.

We have just always used that word to describe these kids that I speak of. Like I said, no offense meant by that.

Post edited.

Oh, and just for and idea of what I meant by using that term;

And Oxer, like I said in previous posts, I'm not in the "scene" just for street racing, stance, or feature cars. I'm in it for everything. I have a car that I am currently "fitting" with a set of wheels that will also make power. No harm in having something that looks good, and runs well.
                    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

I apologize, and never meant any disrespect to the asian race, and was not even really aware that it was a slur, directed towards the asian community.

We have just always used that word to describe these kids that I speak of. Like I said, no offense meant by that.

Post edited.

Thank you. Now, carry on.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                      Originally posted by Jedidiah
                      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

I apologize, and never meant any disrespect to the asian race, and was not even really aware that it was a slur, directed towards the asian community.

Post edited.

And Oxer, like I said in previous posts, I'm not in the "scene" just for street racing, stance, or feature cars. I'm in it for everything. I have a car that I am currently "fitting" with a set of wheels that will also make power. No harm in having something that looks good, and runs well.
                        All good, glad that was cleared up. Ricer is much more acceptable to describe people like that

Flickr

Comment

• Dangle's perceived meaning of the term comes from an old (and definitely no longer politically correct) usage of the term Mongoloid Idiocy or simply Mongoloid to describe people with Down's Syndrome, because of the characteristic mongoloid folds.

So that's why he thought it meant retards, but no, it's definitely not appropriate in any context.

Comment

• To me, automobile enthusiasm is me taking pride in my ride. Nobody leans on it. Nobody leaves their trash in it (plastic McDonald's cups, pop bottles, etc...). The only thing you will find in my car is my daughter's booster seat, an air freshener and an ice scraper (I live in Nebraska and it happens to be winter). Sunshade is in the trunk.

It annoys me to get into someone's car and there is nowhere to put my feet at times. I mean, my car is transportation for me (as a car is for everyone) but I care more about it than just a mode of transport. I had a car once that had to be in the shop for a few weeks for a head gasket, a timing belt, harmonic balancer, and some other parts the mechanic had to order (header because exhaust manifold was cracked in 3 places!). I couldn't sleep. I laid awake at night to the point of almost being physically sick. That is what a car does to me. Its like an extension of "me" and what I do to my car shows alot about who I am. How I treat the car (regular maintenance and car washes, etc.) shows alot about me too I think.

I joined Stance|Works back in October, as I was checking out the stance scene and decided to find a forum to get more info. I also wanted to check out some stanced rides and meet likeminded car enthusiasts like myself. My name is Creighton and I drive a 2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet. Not your "typical" car to stance probably but I am gonna do my best to make something unique with my ride's customization. Stay tuned and check out my page here and on CarDomain at www.cardomain.com/id/98nizzonrt.

Peace...
                            Last edited by CROUTON1977; 12-26-2012, 03:01 PM. Reason: word spelling correcting and content

DomesticWithStanceDreams

Daily Driver:
                            2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet
                            2.4L 6~spd autostick
                            Allied stainless muffler and tip
                            Stock 17" wheels

Comment

• how did you come across this?

Comment

Working...
                              X