The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jersh View Post
    Who makes it? I kinda feel like the whole pre-workout drink is a gimmic/placebo effect, but that still doesn't mean that there aren't shitty ones out there.
    it was made by BPI who makes 1MR which is one of the "best" available. But it was made for GNC, so its a little different. It was one of those deals where I just went to get some multivitamins and they had it on super sale blowout gnc gold club card discount type deal. if it were full price, I wouldnt have bought it. I used to just drink a 20oz sugarfree redbull or some coffee before I would go lift. I'll probably just go back to that when Im out of this stuff
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Han View Post
      Generic shit from Walmart. Body Fortress or whatever.

I used to take Nitrean + for $60 a 4lb, but I haven't seen any difference compared to the generic Walmart shit
      for proteins in the past Ive used:
      Muscle Milk
      Isopure
      Optimum
      EAS

Found that ON was the best bang for the buck. 24g of protein per scoop, $50 for 5 pounds. And it tastes pretty good

Comment

• Originally posted by Han View Post
        Generic shit from Walmart. Body Fortress or whatever.

I used to take Nitrean + for $60 a 4lb, but I haven't seen any difference compared to the generic Walmart shit
        Yeah, protein is protein so the brand doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        it was made by BPI who makes 1MR which is one of the "best" available. But it was made for GNC, so its a little different. It was one of those deals where I just went to get some multivitamins and they had it on super sale blowout gnc gold club card discount type deal. if it were full price, I wouldnt have bought it. I used to just drink a 20oz sugarfree redbull or some coffee before I would go lift. I'll probably just go back to that when Im out of this stuff
        I've never tried any of their products. I just stick to optimum nutrtion's amino-energy, a safe energy drink alternative that tastes better than Gatorade or Cellucor's C4. I've found Cellucor's pre-workout to be the most effective out of all the ones I've tried, but I still wouldn't say it's necessary before lifting.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        for proteins in the past Ive used:
        Muscle Milk
        Isopure
        Optimum
        EAS

Found that ON was the best bang for the buck. 24g of protein per scoop, $50 for 5 pounds. And it tastes pretty good
        I stand by all ON products. Their pre and post workouts are great and they offer a lot of vitamins and other safe, effective supplements.

My current supplement stack is this:
        Fish Oil
        GNC Mega Men's Sport (Daily vitamin, good for athletes that don't get all their nutrients like me)
        Cellucor C4
        Musclepharm Glutamine (Supports lean mass gains)
        and if I need it, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (You don't need to drink protein if you can eat a proper diet and hit our body's requirements)
        ///M 2.0
        G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Yeah, protein is protein so the brand doesn't matter.

I've never tried any of their products. I just stick to optimum nutrtion's amino-energy, a safe energy drink alternative that tastes better than Gatorade or Cellucor's C4. I've found Cellucor's pre-workout to be the most effective out of all the ones I've tried, but I still wouldn't say it's necessary before lifting.

I stand by all ON products. Their pre and post workouts are great and they offer a lot of vitamins and other safe, effective supplements.

My current supplement stack is this:
          Fish Oil
          GNC Mega Men's Sport (Daily vitamin, good for athletes that don't get all their nutrients like me)
          Cellucor C4
          Musclepharm Glutamine (Supports lean mass gains)
          and if I need it, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (You don't need to drink protein if you can eat a proper diet and hit our body's requirements)
          back like a million years ago I used one pre workout that I really liked. but of course they dont make it anymore. Ive heard good things about the amino energy stuff too.

right now i just take
          GNC mega men (but that will probably change when Im done with this bottle)
          ON gold standard whey (have it in chocolate and mocha cappucino)
          bb.com creatine

when I make another order, probably next month, Im gonna get something for joint support and change up the multi Im taking.

Comment

• Where are the pics!
            Originally posted by Kielan
            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
              Where are the pics!
              404:not found

Comment

This. Whenever I do an upper body workout I do 3 sets of pull ups (varying the grip each time) and 3 sets of dips as a warm up. It's a great way to get everything moving.

Anyway, I came in here to post that I finally reached my goal weight. I'm now 190 lbs, which brings my stats to 5' 11", 190lbs, around 8-9% bodyfat.
                Nice man. You must be one solid dude.

I'm still hovering in the high 180's and I'm 5'8". I have no idea what my body fat % is though. If I could get down to about 180-185 and be 8-10% body fat I'd be pretty happy. The only fat I really have left on me is around my gut.

I wish I had taken some measurements and got my body fat % before I started working out this past March. I bet I've lost close to 50 lbs of fat and put on 10 or so pounds of muscle. I haven't even been in the gym for a full 3 months yet and I've seen a pretty big improvement of my overall physique. I'm hoping by April I'll be down to my goal weight.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Up 9lbs now yay

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                  Originally posted by Jedidiah
                  he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    Nice man. You must be one solid dude.

I'm still hovering in the high 180's and I'm 5'8". I have no idea what my body fat % is though. If I could get down to about 180-185 and be 8-10% body fat I'd be pretty happy. The only fat I really have left on me is around my gut.

I wish I had taken some measurements and got my body fat % before I started working out this past March. I bet I've lost close to 50 lbs of fat and put on 10 or so pounds of muscle. I haven't even been in the gym for a full 3 months yet and I've seen a pretty big improvement of my overall physique. I'm hoping by April I'll be down to my goal weight.
                    Thanks man. You'll definitely be able to hit your goals, especially if you're sticking to your diet.

Originally posted by Han View Post
                    Up 9lbs now yay

[pic]
                    Congrats dude. Eating a lot of peanut butter and almonds really helped me gain mass. They're awesome... convenient to snack on, taste great, and packed with protein and healthy fats.
                    ///M 2.0
                    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• this 5x5 program is kicking my ass. thats my update for now haha

Comment

• i moved, so i don't have my weight set here and the apartment "gym" is a fucking joke. I'm going to be bringing some of my weights back when i bring back my car. not sure what all i will be able to fit, but i'm hoping i can fit my standard bar, weights, ezcurl bar, and dumbells. dunno if the standard bar will fit, and my bench/squat rack definitely won't.

when i got my license renewed in 11/2011 i said my weight was 160, hoping i could get to that weight by the end of the year. i was probably a little under 150 at the time, at 6'0".

i started off by making my routine up, it blew dick, and i got minimal gains. i then switched to starting strength, and later did a wendler 5-3-1 program, in addition to doing muay thai training 3x a week.

before i left (moved from CA to vegas) i was 185 and had noticable size increases, and was significantly stronger, although did have much more bf increase than i wanted. i haven't lifted, or ate right in about 6-8 weeks and have lost a lot of mass. partially due to only eating only 1 meal a day usually, and being dehydrated from not drinking hardly any water.

anyway, tl;dr i got bigger/stronger, then moved and lost a bunch of weight and got small and weak again. i'm going home next week, bringing some of my weights back with me, and going to get back in shape again.

i will try doing a wendler's 5-3-1 program, along with a decent amount of cardio, and muay thai training.
                        my goals will be 180 ish and under 10% bf. i don''t know my goals as far as max lifts.

supplements:
                        i only take a multivitamin and fish oil. however before i left i bought creatine monohydrate and l-glutamine. i will see how i like them, however i didn't notice any difference in the short time i used them.

i will post diet details once i get it all figured out. i want to ensure that it is well balanced, as being healthy is much more important than gains, etc.

Comment

• ^ nice. Im probably gonna get on that 5/3/1 when Im done with the SL5x5. Ive been reading a lot about it

Comment

• here's what i'm doing:
                            Workout:

i do my lifting and cardio in the am, and train in the evening.

mon/fri:
                            bench 5x5
                            squat 5x5
                            pull ups: max b/w, will add weight when i can do a decent amount of them
                            assistance

wed:
                            dead 3x5
                            mil press 5x5
                            row 5x5
                            narrow bench 3x10
                            assistance

tue/thu are cardio days.
                            i will do anything from jump rope, plate circuit, elliptical, bike, and run every now and then.

i train mon-fri evenings, and saturday mornings.

DIET:
                            I buy groceries every week, and for that week i have the same meals, besides dinner, which each dinner will last three days. then saturday is my free dinner, sunday is my free breakfast. i'm not really focusing at all at macro/micro nutrients. my main focus is to keep it natural, well balanced, and be healthy. as of right now my weight isn't nearly as big of a deal to me as my health and fitness. if i feel as if i'm not getting sufficient calories and whatnot i will adjust accordingly. main priority is quality over quantity of ingredients.

oh yeah, and drink over 1 gal. a day of water.

here is this last weeks meal plan (12/30-1/4)

morning pre workout:
                            smoothie (banana, berries, oats, yogurt, coconut milk)
                            almonds
                            supplements: fish oil, creatine, l glutamine, acidophilous, multivitamin

morning post w/o:
                            potato/spinach/pepper scramble with cheese and salsa

"lunch 1"
                            sprouted everything bagel
                            cream cheese
                            carrots

"Lunch 2":
                            chicken caesar salad, whole wheat roll

Dinner:

sun-tues: schezuan chicken, garlic soy green beans, brown "fried rice"

wed-fri: grilled chicken w/homemade bbq sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

Dessert:
                            ice cream. mmmmmmm.

Comment

• Little update.

Been sticking to the diet as much as possible, definitely indulged holiday time with sweets and alcohol though. Been getting back into the swing of things the past couple weeks though.

Still hovering in the high 180's low 190's weight wise depending on water weight. Started doing more interval workouts on cardio days on the treadmill and elliptical. I did some reading and it seems interval workouts will help me burn more fat and tone up. Time will tell.

On the upside I can now fit into medium shirts. feelsgoodman.jpg

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• ^nice dude

I will never fit into a medium shirt, ever lol

according to my bad math, I should be able to hit my lifting goals my the end of May. Thats assuming that I dont have any misses. Which is doubtful lol. but its looking promising. I need to invest in a belt sooner than later though

Comment

Working...
                                X