No announcement yet.

Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also debating what to do with mine. think this frame rust is repairable?

IG: Nick475

Comment

• Time to go custom

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRuss View Post
        Time to go custom

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
        i think it could be fixed if i replace the bottom sheet with some quarter inch steel , and ten fill in the sides as needed with more quarter inch

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
          nah my generation uses springs. yours was the first one to use torsion bars.
          oh damn, didnt know that, the torsions are actually pretty cool in terms of adjustable. I probably have about 6 inches to play with (no pun intended)

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
          also debating what to do with mine. think this frame rust is repairable?
          mine was basically the same in the rear there, the front wasn't as bad tho, couldnt find any pics of the rust but heres my cheap ass repair job

This was about this time last year as I was getting it ready to put on the road, then after a few months of driving I had to extend the patch forward as the frame was literally bending in half
          Last edited by dubmr2; 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM.
          IG dubmr2

Comment

• thanks man! nice knowing its repairable. and i would love to have the torsions. i dont think i cant get tit as low just by cutting springs, since the spring is already so short

Comment

i think it could be fixed if i replace the bottom sheet with some quarter inch steel , and ten fill in the sides as needed with more quarter inch
              Is that your daily now?

If not you should defiantly go custom.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
              Originally posted by nickskater09
              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• its the daily right now lol

Comment

• Anyone have any experience or know how to do this with Dodge Rams? I just got an '07 regular cab short bed Ram and am wanting to get it lower, also anyone know of some wheels that would look good on it 5x5.5/5x139.7 bolt pattern, truck color is flame red.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProperlyFitted View Post
                    Anyone have any experience or know how to do this with Dodge Rams? I just got an '07 regular cab short bed Ram and am wanting to get it lower, also anyone know of some wheels that would look good on it 5x5.5/5x139.7 bolt pattern, truck color is flame red.
                    another dodge boy, ive got a 98 r/t its six bolt, try finding rims for that! the ram would look good with some srt wheels or viper wheels which might be easier for you to find in 5 bolt then it would for me to find in 6... get some pics up,

as for lowering, try to stay static, find a ram forum and see what they say, its nice to build without wasting too much time on your own mistakes, its nice when someone has been there done that tried that and found a better way to achieve something, especially when time and money are a factor. plus you can find parts for cheap on a vehicle specific forum..

good luck

Comment

• Looks just like this

Comment

• ive heard of people taking 4x4 shackles and hangers and flipping them to lower a non 4x4, you could consider that, as for the front im sure there are control arms or spindles for your application. you could also lose a leaf or two,.... invest in some good shocks, don't skimp...id still look for some viper rims.

ditch the badges and colour match the tailgate and door handles, they will almost completely disappear.

check out street scene they might have some killer mods for your truck, i have a set of there mesh grill inserts which really clean things up, they also have smaller or sleaker looking side mirrors.

just my .02 cents for what its worth,...

Comment

• those rams are torsion bars in the front, u can prolly drop it down a bit with the turn of a bolt
                          IG dubmr2

Comment

• lol i love having a little truck

Comment

lol i love having a little truck
                              You should have tried to park perpendicular to them

Comment

• ive got an 8ft bed though. woulda been tough

Comment

Working...
                                X