No announcement yet.

Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks man, these r just for winter (gotta love craigslist) 15x8 with 195/55 snows. ill try finding a pic of last summer. i want to go lower n buy new wheels but with drop arms im limited in options. spindles would put the spring mounts on the ground :/ i dont really have much suspension travel as it is. was thinking of cutting notches for the control arms?? the back is easy w/a notch n bigger blocks. right now its 4inch drop leafs n "2" inch blocks. i think their smaller tho/

Comment

• had most of a 240sx in the back going to the scrap yard

Comment

• What suspension setup do you have in the front? My buddy has an s-10 with drop spindles and cut springs and hes tucking tire and in the rear your bumpstop mounts may be bottomed out on your springs, same buddy had that problem with 4 inch blocks and 3 inch springs. it looks like a great start tho, and I love the winter wheels for some reason, old school. Belvader the ranger looks good as always, you should throw some spacers in there, but that's just my opinion.
        The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
        Originally posted by Dubway5887
        I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Im on drop arms and spindles now with stock springs on 225/55/16s. Some different wheels and it can happen.

Comment

• that ranger is insanely low! lets see some wheels on there this spring.

hmm looks like the same arms as me, do you know the brand? i was thinking of just picking up some stock lowers to run spindles and springs. how much travel do u have? im not looking for or expecting a plush ride but sitting on bumps gets old fast. the rear rides very good, i cut the bump brackets off and rarely bottom out.ill will throw 3inch blocks in there. maybe 4 after the notch is put in. the strange thing is the winter wheels r growing on me too lol. i would really like to throw a set of diamond racing 16x10's on there and have little to no gap.

red-do you u think you could snap some pics of ur control arm clearance to the stops? im really liking how ur truck sits.

winter is taking too long!

Comment

• I can snap some tomorrow. There is about 3/4 clearance between frame and bumpstop. The arms are by DJM and so are the spindles. And as far as suspension travel, there isn't any

I need some custom inner fenders asap or smaller tires

Comment

• Originally posted by stihlayota View Post
                that ranger is insanely low! lets see some wheels on there this spring.

hmm looks like the same arms as me, do you know the brand? i was thinking of just picking up some stock lowers to run spindles and springs. how much travel do u have? im not looking for or expecting a plush ride but sitting on bumps gets old fast. the rear rides very good, i cut the bump brackets off and rarely bottom out.ill will throw 3inch blocks in there. maybe 4 after the notch is put in. the strange thing is the winter wheels r growing on me too lol. i would really like to throw a set of diamond racing 16x10's on there and have little to no gap.

red-do you u think you could snap some pics of ur control arm clearance to the stops? im really liking how ur truck sits.

Go to summit, they have steelies for cheap, I paid 200 for all 4 shipped to my house, their not diamonds but they look just as good.
                I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Thanks Belvader. It's a little lower in the front since I put some thinner stops on it. Back springs are belltechs. Not real impressed by them. A little soft for my tastes. I could probably block them a little more and get it lower but I just use it when I need a truck, lately. I used to do a lot of 1st gen rx7s which is why I always wanted a pre-ford B. I plan on building a bridge-port 13b for her. I was caught by the Audi 5 cylinder turbo bug a little over a year ago. Looking for rims is what brought me here. Saw the truck thread and decided to sign up.
                  1995 Audi S6 Avant - Silver
                  1995 Audi S6 Sedan - Green
                  1992 Mazda B2600i - Black
                  1969 Ford Mach 1 - Red

Comment

• the main reason i want diamonds is they offer a chrome lip option. it brings back memories of my toyota i posted early in this thread. i have paint for the truck once the body is done. i think a jet black truck with 7inch chrome lips in the back will look killer

Comment

• you can get some of the jegs/summit wheels in full chrome and then paint the centers. thats what I did

15x8-19 or something crager i think

its like 12$ more than the painted ones i think lol
                      IG dubmr2

Comment

• lol hmmmm

Comment

• ive done the same thing with 2 sets of fully chrome wheels. i used spray paint both times and it held up very well but im going to use plastidip the next color change.

Comment

• i looked all over last night and nobody has a 16x10 w/5x4.75..... also while i was googling i read quite a bit of negative stuff about diamond racing wheels. i looked at basset wheels too but they do not make a 16

Comment

• Did you try Bart Racing wheels?

Comment

• Originally posted by stihlayota View Post
                                that ranger is insanely low! lets see some wheels on there this spring.

without flares on 225/55/16

Comment

Working...
                                X