• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtech 2 guys.

Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Madface View Post
      mine fit fine before i started driving the car and hitting shit, with that iS lip it would be ripped off before the end of the day. i don't know about you but i'm not all about wasting money. i think an i lip looks better than the iS lip.

if you can drive around with an iS lip, you're not low enough.
      In your opinion...

Comment

• I liked my B3 passat duckbill. It fit real nice after some trimming. I could have made it fit even better but I tore it off so it is no more.

Other than that though, i lips are where it's at.

Comment

• The i lip is just plain and boring. Simply removing the iS lip and painting it a nice flat black and adding a nice little splitter on it and it is great. I have yet to see any VW lip that didn't look out of place. Most of them are cut in the middle and just don't do anything for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
            Yes your right, if and when you raise the car, you will have to make sure the springs/mounts seat correctly. Since the spring is so short, the trailing are is almost parellel to the ground when lowered, this means that the spring is almost straight and not bowing like it normally does with longer springs.

The spring would never unseat while driving, unless of course your planning on rallying your car and catching alot of air. This could also be fixed with very short shocks that would not allow the trailing arm to drop enough for the spring to unseat.
            or some type of limiting strap

Comment

• Now you want to have an iS lip AND add shit to the bottom of it?... I'm usually not rude but, dude, you have no taste. Stick to e36s, those guys love gaudy shit.

Comment

• IS lip + anything and your not going to be able to go really low. IMO the IS lip is the only way to go. ive seen almost every other option and they just look out of place.

i dont consider the IS lip a limiting factor at all .. my oil pan hangs about an inch lower then the lower sides of the IS lip. my oil pan will stop me before that lip would.

Comment

• I have Bilstein shocks with cosmo racing, race spec coilover sleeves, cut perches

Comment

• and an early model lip, which is something ive been toying aaround with.

cosmo coils are scary, i had them about two years ago and they were flimsyy

Comment

• for those looking for a cheap route, you might as well order from overseas: http://www.modifiedcarstore.co.uk/su...1_p1364702.htm

after looking at a majority of coilovers for this car, i can't see paying some of the prices when it's not just something you can bolt it combined with the rears not being true coilovers. how come a real 4-piece coilover set for a car runs about the same price? something doesn't add up................this kit above seems to be a fair price for something that requires cutting and welding your stock parts on top of them being able to deny their warranty because of the work not being satisfactory to them when you try to get them to cover parts. seriously, it's springs, shorter shocks, and some threaded parts LOL. seems like one big circle jerk with no payoff.
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post
                        for those looking for a cheap route, you might as well order from overseas:
                        German ebay FTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          when you installed the KWs did you have to do any modifications? or were they a straight install? I thought i read that they replace the strut housing and evreything so you dont need to cut them down.

x2 on this question. Did you have to modify the KWs?

Comment

• Here is my ex e30 with IS lip and splitter,looks nice,best option if u didnt have M-Tech kit..

My new e30 prefacelift is getting facelift front and the same IS lip with splitter,just car will be much more lower than this..

Comment

• Sooo...I read through this thread and I'm wondering what the consensus seems to be...

I am looking at JOM Coils on my E30, there's a group buy at R3VLimited.com right now for $380 shipped. I figure, you can't go wrong for that. They seem fairly well reviewed, and are popular in the VW community.

The other option seems to be the GC Conversion kit, then a set of Bilstein Sport shocks? What cutting/welding will need to be done? How low can I get with this system? I want to (as money is available) get it well low and have 16's tucked.

I want people to look at me and shake their heads, while thinking, "That is just stupid."

Comment

• I like your want for low, it really depends on wallet and how you want your ride to be. I'm as low or lower then alot of people and I'm on sport springs cut over 3 coils and heated springs out back, on some unknown shocks. It rides like crap, and its too soft, but it works for now.

Somewhat recent pic of it

Comment

Working...
                                X