Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarryCWB
    replied
    Didn't know about this toe thing. Thought it wouldn't affect this much.
    Anyway, I'm running on Toyos Proxes4 for 8k miles, and they have pretty much rubber, yet.
    The front ones are a little worse (went to the track twice), but I think they'll last until august/september

Leave a comment:

• Anonymoose
    replied
    Just a question... Why would you want any sort of toe apart from 0?? I'm new to this caster/toe stuff

Leave a comment:

• Petis
    replied
    I've had my tires for almost 8k and haven't even flipped them yet.... they still have about 4k before I NEED to flip.....

just a little camber Nankang NS-II

....oh and I get alligned FO FREEE!!!!!
    Last edited by Petis; 03-28-2010, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alexisthemovie
    replied
    if your toe is at zero, then camber only affects how evenly the tires wear... after that, it depends on how much camber you are running and how stretched your tires are.

IF you're partly on the sidewall, then obviously the tires won't last long. At -7.9 camber and a 245/35 over an 18x11.5, I only expect to get ~2-3k miles tops out of the tires. Luckily, I haven't run on a set of wheels/tires for more than 1000 miles.

Leave a comment:

• s14shred
    replied
    60-80 for an allignment by me. My fronts are going strong about 6 months with -3 camber and just a pinch of toe. Ill need to replace em in a month or so because of the inside wear, prolly add camber to make them last longer. That was a good set of used ones btw.

About a year ago I picked up 8 17's and 2 18's from a legit used tire guy and I am just running out now. The guy hooked it up for 10 a tire cause he thinks drifting is rad lol. Would have burned thru them quicker but my car lost a lot of running time last season then I swapped the wheels to my DD.

Leave a comment:

• loxxrider
    replied
    $70 at a lot of places

Leave a comment:

• wheelfetish
    replied
    How much does a alignment cost these days?

Leave a comment:

• loxxrider
    replied
    Originally posted by hover View Post
    You know, it wasn't until I really started thinking about this that I realized that I usually use needing tires as an excuse to buy a new set of wheels.
    Same here. My last 3 sets of wheels have been acquired because I needed new tires lol.

Leave a comment:

• Zic
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey J View Post
    From what im reading, negative camber does not wear tires as much as toe? Is that right?
    True.

Leave a comment:

• Joey J
    replied
    From what im reading, negative camber does not wear tires as much as toe? Is that right?

Leave a comment:

• Kielan
    replied
    I'm not stanced but my POS tires have lasted me a good few thousand miles and are still at like 70% tread. I mean they would have more but I like to do burnouts.

Leave a comment:

• Travis
    replied
    What about now dooders.

Leave a comment:

• dinanm3atl
    replied
    Originally posted by Stolzy View Post
    im unning -2 rear but my toyo proxes last about 7k miles. so i will replace them after 2-3 years haha
    Either lots of toe, dead RTABs(if BMW) or you do LOTS of burnouts. Even the T1R should get twice that life and -2 is really not a lot of camber.

Leave a comment:

• hover
    replied
    You know, it wasn't until I really started thinking about this that I realized that I usually use needing tires as an excuse to buy a new set of wheels.

The exception being that on my old A4, with about 7degrees of camber in the rear, I'd go through tires in about 10 thousand miles, IIRC. IDK, that has been a few years.
    Last edited by hover; 07-26-2009, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@MemoryFab
    replied
    As long as i want them too,

if i don't burn threw them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X