Clear All

• In love!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
      I spy some HSD's!

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• Not HSD, but the manufacturer that fabricates these is the same as HSD. These are Custom One off Powertrix Ultralight units. Custom dampening and spring rates to 950lb/in front and 875lb/in rear, and have been shortened all the way around. fronts actually need to be shorter though, as i still had to droop the springset a bit on the coil. very high spring rates, but surprisingly nice to drive if you like stiff suspensions. car handles like it is on rails
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• new school vs old school. exclusive feature needed just on the wheels. lol

18x12.5 et+2, 18x10 et-1 VIP modular forged VX-S110, custom pearlescent white powdercoated centers, custom center caps, mirror polished stepped lips 4" front and 5.5" rear, mirror polished inner barrels, hidden valve stems. Nicest wheel i have ever laid eyes on. having a very hard time capturing the finish of this wheel in pics, but you get the idea.

VS

old school 16x9.5, 16x8 BBS RS refurbished and built by me. set number 8 built in my garage. lets say side hobby turned obsession. satin white powdercoated centers, mirror polished hex caps, mirror polished 2.5", 3.5" stepped lips, gloss black barrels, black and gold resin caps

sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• Wheels are teh seks! Once again I'm off next week, I'd like to see in person SMV.
            Lemme know.

Comment

• thanks Dan.. absolutely just give me a shout next week whenever. should be around every night and the weekend.

initial tweaking for the rears. the car will actually sit about 5-7mm lower then these pics when im done, and i have to pull the fender about 3-4mm more, but all is looking good so far. bbk new powder color (metallic copper white stoptech logos) looks epic under the white wheel.
              cant wait to get this thing rolling

*dont mind the third pic. this was before i lowered the coilover a bit more. the rest of the shots are pretty close to the height im going to run at. about 1/4" lower so it covers most of the "outside" logo on the tire will look best

this next pic is a really good pic of the height and amount of poke. this was right before i went inside last night. still have to pull the fender, but this is about the height its going to sit at.

Last edited by 1badg35; 04-22-2011, 03:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Oh my word!

It looks even better than I had imagined!
                sigpic

Comment

• Sounds good chap. We'll def be in contact this week.

Comment

• Sexy z! Love the quality of work and new wheels
                    11 CTS-V
                    03 Lightnng SOLD
                    2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
                    91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

• Nice Automobile.

again......x100
                      56' Big Back Glass Chevy
                      08' Audi S5

Comment

• inner barrel and some of the azenis stretched

outer lip (rear 5.5")

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dav3design View Post
                          Oh my word!

It looks even better than I had imagined!

Comment

• That's just plain disgusting, Bro!! Hurtin' em'. Hurtin' em' BAD!!!

street
                            form - function - stance

Comment

• white and crome don't mix

I say all white would be better
                              Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                              The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                              P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

• not an ounce of chrome anywhere on this car. parts you see like the lips and barrels are polished. in real life, the contrast between the white and polished areas is epic.

some updates ladies and gentlemen....

stance being worked out. the fairlady saw ground for the second time this year. but it wasnt so simple.....

test fit the wheels last week. all looked good. as i said we spent literally two weeks taking measurements to get the clearance perfect. i said i wasnt getting anything then a piece of paper between the face of the wheel and the stoptech bbk all around. this proved harder then i thought as i found out at 7:30 am sunday morning.

decided to put a front and a rear on and start tweaking the suspension settings. put the front on, clears the caliper by literally 1mm. i was thrilled. then i decided "hey let me spin the wheel, and see how it looks since the car is in the air. and no way, it doesnt spin. the bolts that hold the wheels together DONT CLEAR!! haha. who the hell would have thought of that. the face clears but the 40 or so bolts that protrude past the face barely hit the caliper.

SO.. i sat there and scratched my head for about 20 minutes. then looked at my freshly powdercoated calipers, and said, ok they are getting shaved a bit. took my cutoffwheel/grinder and went to work.

luckily it was not clearing in an area of the caliper that is purely cosmetic, and doesnt affect the flow of fluid, and is located far away from any of the pistons, so all is good. scared me a bit to start notching a one off set of stoptech brakes, but thats the fun of working on things that are completely custom. things like this come up, and solutions go with them.

and now since you just read that short novel, here is a pic of the stance as it sits now. front will be going down another 4-5mm but rear is all set. 1.5" from frame to ground + static= success

Last edited by 1badg35; 05-02-2011, 09:42 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X