Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great information in this thread, but surprisingly enough, not a lot about S2000's. Any tips or tricks you can give me to rolling and very slightly pulling the rear? I also have to relocate the rear bumper tab. I know about the buckled fender issue with S2K's, any way to avoid this, or minimize the chances of it happening?

Any pics you can post up of S2000's you've done would be great too!
    Thanks!
    S2tripleO ...aka Tyler Mahaney
    2001 AP1 S2000
    My Build Thread - Project: S[tanced]
    Stance East
    J's Racing/T1R/Mugen/Spoon/A'PEXi/AEM/Samco/Motorklasse/Vision/NRG
    Amuse/ASM/Back Yard Special/MRacing/GP Sports/GT Motoring/Seibon
    BC Racing/Whiteline/Cusco/Rays/Volk/Falken/Hawk/Powerslot/Challenge
    ARC/Personal/Works Bell/Rick's/Muz/Pioneer/Infinity

Comment

• i gotta dig up more s2k pics

relocating the bumper tab is a good start that'll make life a lot easier.
      If you are rolling and only pulling slightly then buckling the quarter should not be an issue, that only tends to happend when people get carried away trying to pull the fender too much.
      I would advise you to roll the lip first then test fit the wheel, a lot of the time that is all thats needed on the s2k, ( they have big fender lips in the rear ) .
      If you must pull the fender, go subtle, try to make the pull more at the 11 o'clock postion then gradually taper it into the bumper. if you start the pull at the top ( 12 o'clock ), you'll have very little space to get a nice gradual taper as the bumper sits right at the 2 ish o'clock position. if seen too may hard pulls that leave a crazy looking bulge at the bumper and just dont flow with the bodyline at all.

what size are you running in the rear ?
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
        The newer VW Audi stuff is a little different to a lot of cars, there's no fender lip on the rear, so your only option is to pull the fender. Its doable, but you have to be careful not to overdo it,
        The front can be done very nicely, rolled and pulled cleanly.
        i've been very sucessful rolling/pulling fronts, but do you have any tips for pulling the rear? since the inner metal doesn't match the exterior layer, i don't see how i can preserve the factory body line when pulling. do you just use a roller to pull mkv fenders?

i only need a few mm, but don't want to end up with a lip like this:
        025garage

Comment

• you do any sn95 mustangs?
          E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
          E36 M3 Mugello rot
          GEN2 TUNDRA CM
          https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

• Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
            i've been very sucessful rolling/pulling fronts, but do you have any tips for pulling the rear? since the inner metal doesn't match the exterior layer, i don't see how i can preserve the factory body line when pulling. do you just use a roller to pull mkv fenders?

i only need a few mm, but don't want to end up with a lip like this:
            I'm not a huge fan of that rear curled lip look either, it looks obvious.

I've done a few Mk4 and Mk5 Golf rear quarters by hand with a hammer and dolly, about 5mm is the limit without messing up the bodyline. the problem you have though is that the rubbing is way back near the bumper, if you flare that part too much making the whole arch look nice means flaring the top more, which is not easy.

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
            you do any sn95 mustangs?
            yep, about 5 a month, everyone wants 18x10s with 305 Nittos

Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• thats the new edge 99+, im talkin about 94-98, my fenders are straight down... no flare
              E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
              E36 M3 Mugello rot
              GEN2 TUNDRA CM
              https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

• Definitely some good work going on here. I hope I can step my game up even just a bit closer to yours this summer.

Comment

• I just ordered a roller today. Gonna tackle the fenders on my E30 in the next few weeks. Any tips for working with the E30 fenders? Also, the paint on the fronts is cracked a little where the tires caught the fenders before. Do you think will the paint flake off when I roll those areas? Thanks in advance, you seem to know your stuff.
                  Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillbilly View Post
                    Glad to see you put a mustang up... can a person pull fenders on a mustang? my 295/50-15s w/ -13 offset 15x8s rub -particularly bad on the driver side! (yes it is redneck status. I love the stance movement, but don't know how it can work on a 95 gt)
                    I did a terrible job of rolling them myself, but they look about as thin as the pix you showed of that black 99-04. So, for me to get more clearance it seems like pulling would be my only option other than raising the car back up some (really don't want to do that!).
                    I have a 92 mustang. I want to do the same thinggg

Comment

• Hey Tony!! you did an awesome job on my E36.. Thanks yO... u the man!!! You gotta do my G soon!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
                        i gotta dig up more s2k pics

relocating the bumper tab is a good start that'll make life a lot easier.
                        If you are rolling and only pulling slightly then buckling the quarter should not be an issue, that only tends to happend when people get carried away trying to pull the fender too much.
                        I would advise you to roll the lip first then test fit the wheel, a lot of the time that is all thats needed on the s2k, ( they have big fender lips in the rear ) .
                        If you must pull the fender, go subtle, try to make the pull more at the 11 o'clock postion then gradually taper it into the bumper. if you start the pull at the top ( 12 o'clock ), you'll have very little space to get a nice gradual taper as the bumper sits right at the 2 ish o'clock position. if seen too may hard pulls that leave a crazy looking bulge at the bumper and just dont flow with the bodyline at all.

what size are you running in the rear ?
                        Awesome thanks for the pointers man, much appreciated. I've seen some with the big bulge you're talking about and I agree, it looks out of place if they don't pull the corner of the bumper to match. I'm going to be running a non-staggered 18x10 +40 all around, and am hoping to squeeze on 255/35/18 on all 4.
                        S2tripleO ...aka Tyler Mahaney
                        2001 AP1 S2000
                        My Build Thread - Project: S[tanced]
                        Stance East
                        J's Racing/T1R/Mugen/Spoon/A'PEXi/AEM/Samco/Motorklasse/Vision/NRG
                        Amuse/ASM/Back Yard Special/MRacing/GP Sports/GT Motoring/Seibon
                        BC Racing/Whiteline/Cusco/Rays/Volk/Falken/Hawk/Powerslot/Challenge
                        ARC/Personal/Works Bell/Rick's/Muz/Pioneer/Infinity

Comment

• After pictures of Rolling

Wondering if anyone has any pictures of some rolled front fenders done on a Mk4 VW. Trying to get an idea of what its going to look like

Comment

• Originally posted by schmidty View Post
                            Wondering if anyone has any pictures of some rolled front fenders done on a Mk4 VW. Trying to get an idea of what its going to look like
                            Normally on Mk 4, 5 and 6 VWs ( all have basically the same fender ) the idea is to roll the fenderlip and subtly pull the fender, there isnt really much visual difference on the outside, just a very light pull.

heres a Mk6

Comment

• ...talking about VWs, has a few local Dub owners over last week for some fender work.

a little fender pulling for Mr OEM Plus, stock style curve retained without messing up the bodyline

same on Austin's wagon :

Tim's Corrado is just too cool :thumbup: light pull to bolt up the new Rotiforms

Comment

• hey from your experiance what would be a good brand of puller to buy?

Comment

Working...
                                X