Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of good info in this thread. Anyone know a reputable place to get fenders rolled in Connecticut? E30 with early arches

Comment

• Never have your friends help roll your fenders -_- Thank god I'm going with over fenders soon but my rear quarter is buckled and everything just looks bad. But my wheels fit (kinda)

Comment

• Originally posted by Walnuts View Post
        Never have your friends help roll your fenders -_- Thank god I'm going with over fenders soon but my rear quarter is buckled and everything just looks bad. But my wheels fit (kinda)

Yeah, you gotta be careful, sometimes it looks straight forward but it can be easy to mess things up.
        I've seen a lot of cars where people have overdone it and damaged the panels.

throw some 165/50s on there, that should help
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Got a question.....can this be rolled/pulled to fit these wheels?
          I got a guy at a shop who says no it have to be fender flares or wide body and another guy who said with some time and patients he can make the wheels fit. I know i need smaller tires, these were the tires that came with the wheels.

Comment

• that shop is just wanting some cash out of you... some pull and camber will take care of that.

Comment

• ^^ thats what I was thinking. He just wanted to cut my fender up and have to send it to paint. Thats y i was asking here. See what the consensus is on being able to roll them...

Comment

• First off want to say this is an awesome thread, Tony. Good to see people giving expert advice to the community.

Had a quick question about rolling/pulling. I have been researching a few things lately because I might construct my own roller and roll/pull the fenders on my 89 325i and get some DRW 10 and 8 staggered. From what I have seen so far cars don't have an even fender radius all the way around, if makes sense. Usually the top part of the fender is a bit further away from the mounting point of the roller. Do you have to keep this proportion as you roll/pull the fender or do they usually end up being somewhat evenly spaced in the end?

If that doesn't make sense I will draw a quick diagram.

Cheers,
                Aaron
                1898 E30M50 Build Thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=207322

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
                  Just finished this Mustang

Normally Stang guys dont lower their cars much ... normally

need more info on this asap. is it on air?

flickr

Comment

• I see a coil behind the wheel... more info would be great
                    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                    E36 M3 Mugello rot
                    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

• Damn Tony, nice work. Pretty shortly here I'm gonna need my rears pulled about 15mm more - as of now they are just rolled. Fronts could use another 5mm or so pull - fronts are rolled flat, slight pull, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by HTOWN///M View Post
                        Got a question.....can this be rolled/pulled to fit these wheels?
                        I got a guy at a shop who says no it have to be fender flares or wide body and another guy who said with some time and patients he can make the wheels fit. I know i need smaller tires, these were the tires that came with the wheels.

Looks doable from the pics, the problem with the E36 ( and most other BMWs ) is that the majority of the rub will be at the corner where the bumper meets the rear arch, that small area is very hard to pull cleanly, but a mixure of pulling the fender and shaving the inner lip will give you a lot of extra space.
                        camber and bigger bumpstops are also your friends

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
                        First off want to say this is an awesome thread, Tony. Good to see people giving expert advice to the community.

Had a quick question about rolling/pulling. I have been researching a few things lately because I might construct my own roller and roll/pull the fenders on my 89 325i and get some DRW 10 and 8 staggered. From what I have seen so far cars don't have an even fender radius all the way around, if makes sense. Usually the top part of the fender is a bit further away from the mounting point of the roller. Do you have to keep this proportion as you roll/pull the fender or do they usually end up being somewhat evenly spaced in the end?

If that doesn't make sense I will draw a quick diagram.

Cheers,
                        Aaron
                        Thanks for the kind words dude,

The distance from the hub to the top and sides of the fender is almost always different, so you have to adjust the roller for each part of the arc.

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                        need more info on this asap. is it on air?
                        I believe the car was on KW Coilovers ( which surprised me being a domestic car ). it was lowered all the way for a show, pretty sure the guy dosent always drive at that hieght.

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
                        Damn Tony, nice work. Pretty shortly here I'm gonna need my rears pulled about 15mm more - as of now they are just rolled. Fronts could use another 5mm or so pull - fronts are rolled flat, slight pull, lol.
                        Thanks dude.

15mm is a pretty big pull, you gotta be careful.
                        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
                          Thanks dude.

15mm is a pretty big pull, you gotta be careful.
                          for sure! Probably just going to be the rears if doable. Reason being is i just swapped my 19x9.5 rears to front and got some 20x10 on rears for tuck...now I want to flush out the tuck if that makes any sense. Front fitment is pretty spot on. Please pm me what your caution is going to cost me,lol...and availability please

Comment

• i dont charge extra for caution

i'll hit you up and we'll see if its doable

"flush out the tuck"

welcome to the oldskool euro style poke and tuck... you can checkout anytime you like but you can never leave. lol
                            Last edited by Tonys18t; 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• ^^^down for the cause.

Comment

• you know it

Comment

Working...
                                X