Mookz 2005 Legacy GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mookz 2005 Legacy GT

It's been a minute since I've posting anything on here. So I figured I would drop some updated pictures in here. (Mod list at the very bottom)

A couple months ago, I ditched the reps and bought a set of Cosmis MR7 as temporaries until I finally made my move to Florida. They weren't anything special. Hence, temporary.

(Don't mind the lack of a CPL filter. )

I ditched those about 2 months ago and put in the order for some CCWs. I was a little upset that the fitment wasn't aggressive enough. So I put 16mm spacers on the front and soon, I will be buying 4.5" lips for the rear after I do my FWD conversion. Converting to FWD is going to grant me the following conveniences:

-Staggered wheels
    -I won't need longer axles for excessive camber. (Axles pull out of the rear diff with any camber past -9)
    -No more replacing axles
    -No more rear diff maintenance
    -No more 3-wheel launches
    -I can tuck my exhaust farther up in the driveshaft well
    -Traction is going to be better in the front due to less camber
    -Less weight (not like it matters)
    -No having to replace rear trans seals

Anyways, enough babble:

My new fitment. Needs more rear camber. by Mookz Photography, on Flickr

As it sits, it looks like the camber is square all around and is looking to be in the range of -7ish. Once I get my 4.5" lips to replace my 3.5" in the rear, I will be in business. I would like to be in the realm of -12 or so in the rear. While it's not everybody's cup of tea, I enjoy the look of ridiculous camber to an extent.

Other plans for the next few months include painting the car, wrapping interior pieces, swapping to a scoopless hood, having my front bumper and lip molded together and if I don't go wingless, I am having my wing raised up higher. Chicks dig big wangs right?

I hope you guys liked it and I will report back with updates!
    Also, IG: @mookz_sfresh

Mods:
    Engine
    Built EJ257 Shortblock
    CP Forged Pistons (8:2 / 99.5mm)
    Manley H Beam Connecting Rods
    Nitrided EJ257 Crankshaft
    ACL Race Bearings
    ARP Head Studs
    12mm Oil Pump
    VF43 STi Turbo
    Grimmspeed 3 Port Boost Solenoid
    Grimmspeed Coated 38mm EWG Up-pipe Dumped
    Grimmspeed Coated Crosspipe
    Grimmspeed Air/Oil Separator
    Invidia 3" Bellmouth Downpipe
    Custom 3" Single Exit Exhaust
    Custom 76mm Cold Air Intake
    Perrin Turbo Inlet
    FP Braided AVCS Oil Feed Line
    Fast Motorsports FMIC
    GFB 50/50 BOV
    Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
    Deatschwerks 850cc Injectors
    NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs
    Gates Racing Timing Kit

Exterior
    JDM PU Front Lip
    Non-limited fog covers (had to delete my fogs for FMIC)
    Plastidipped DIY Grille
    Black and Cleared Headlights
    Hella Supertones

Interior
    Full swap to black leather
    Coffee JDM shift knob
    Wink 5 Panel Mirror
    Prosport Boost Gauge
    Prosport AFR Gauge

Wheels/Suspension
    CCW Classic 5 18x9.5 (F: 3" lip / R: 3.5" lip - Offsets remaining a secret. Sorry. )
    BC Extreme Low Coilovers (shorter springs with 14k/16k rates)
    Megan Camber Arms (Upper and Lower)
    Megan Toe Arms
    Whiteline Front and Rear Endlinks
    Whiteline Control Arm Bushings

Drivetrain
    Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
    Spec Lightweight Flywheel
    Cobb Double Adjustment Short Shifter
    Redline Gear Oil
    Still a shit sandwich.....

IG: @slamgt

Wow love it man.
    I LOVE that you are going to do a FWD conversion. That's so cool, and as a fellow Subaru owner, I can only imagine the hassles it'll save.

Paint the front lower grill to match (which should be covered based on your future plans) and this thing will be 100% winrar.
    Originally posted by electricalbox
    12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Love legacys done well, I think the camber will look sick, and those CCWs? YES.
      '82 Volvo 242 build
      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
        Wow love it man.
        I LOVE that you are going to do a FWD conversion. That's so cool, and as a fellow Subaru owner, I can only imagine the hassles it'll save.

Paint the front lower grill to match (which should be covered based on your future plans) and this thing will be 100% winrar.
        A lot of people are already questioning me about it since they don't believe in going 2wd unless it's rear wheel. It wouldn't be smart for my to go RWD.

The the black on the lower section of the bumper is being removed and the lip and a sub-lip will be added for more bumper low. Once I put a smaller profile tire on, I can be a little lower. I bought these 215/40 and they're too big. I literally can't drive like anywhere once my engine is back in. Lmao.

Comment

looks pretty awesome

also curious about the FWD conversion..

Comment

Looks good bro

Comment

Fitment is intense for static. I love it !

Comment

Thanks guys!

I have an upcoming feature shoot for Whips and Chocolate once the engine is back in the car and ready to be driven. I'll report back with the link and photos. Should be doing the shoot in a week or two.

Comment

The legacys and outbacks on here are always so wild! I love it!

Comment

This car looks awesome! The fitment is wicked and those wheels are rad to the max!

Although I do understand your reasoning for the FWD conversion, I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. A FWD Subaru just seems weird a little? It LOOKS killer tho!
                    Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

Originally posted by Slow_Ballin' View Post
                      This car looks awesome! The fitment is wicked and those wheels are rad to the max!

Although I do understand your reasoning for the FWD conversion, I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. A FWD Subaru just seems weird a little? It LOOKS killer tho!
                      Thanks man! And yeah, it's pretty questionable. But it's different and will ultimately be more reliable for me. Plus almost everyone that asks me about it in person is surprised when I tell them it's AWD. Seems like everyone thinks only the Impreza platform got AWD.

UPDATE: I found someone selling 4.5" CCW lips. So I am going to most likely grab those up, sell my current front lips which are 3", then put my 3.5" lips up front and the 4.5" in back. This will make my wheels:

18x10 in the front
                      18x10.5 in the rear

They are currently 18x9.5

Comment

YAY!! when you getting them? So happy to see this body get love. @Awfilms is the only other i see that's bagged and stanced that i like!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Love it. I wish it was a RWD conversion cuz I like drifting and whatnot. But, the amount of tits your car will carry beyond it's current titness is mindblowing.
                          stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                            YAY!! when you getting them? So happy to see this body get love. @Awfilms is the only other i see that's bagged and stanced that i like!
                            Mine isn't bagged. But thanks! And soon.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                              Love it. I wish it was a RWD conversion cuz I like drifting and whatnot. But, the amount of tits your car will carry beyond it's current titness is mindblowing.
                              Hahah thanks. It would be fun to drift the legacy, but for as much camber as I want, there's no point in going RWD.

Comment

Working...
                              X