2 wheels with no fucks given.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theREALpendulum View Post
    Thanks! Honestly though... You should probably start with something else. If you're not very experienced, you're going to drop your bike at least. It's pretty likely that you'll have a crash. I've been riding dirt bikes for over 10 years, and Harleys (from stock to crazy custom choppers) for about 6 years. I've dropped a couple dirt bikes and my dads Harley. Almost dropped this bike last week... And I'm careful and don't consider myself clumsy.

And yeah, this is a bobber. For me, this type of bike is a TRUE bobber. The name bobber comes from dudes that would chop stuff off their bikes back in the 40s, aka "bobbing" them. A custom frame kinda takes away from that in my opinion.
    Yh i hear you. Id be starting off with a 125 to get my feet. Im sure it will shine a new light on the whole motorcycle thing for me and come to realise controlling a heavy bike such as a Harley takes time and patience.
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
      Yh i hear you. Id be starting off with a 125 to get my feet. Im sure it will shine a new light on the whole motorcycle thing for me and come to realise controlling a heavy bike such as a Harley takes time and patience.
      Depending on the bike, a 250 is probably your best bet to start. Also depends on the style. If you want a sport bike, the Ninja 250R and Honda CBR250 are both great starters. If you want more of a cruiser type bike, like a Harley, you could very easily start out on a 500cc+ engine because they're a lot less sensitive to throttle/brake/steering inputs. Kinda like driving a Lincoln Town Car with a V8 compared to a Mitsubishi Evolution which has a 4 cylinder... The Evo has 1/2 the engine but is way more difficult to drive.

Basically, the fact is that you're going to damage your 1st bike... Whether it's an accident, or dropping it in the driveway while checking the oil. That's the main reason I was saying a Harley might not be a good idea for your 1st since Harleys are way more expensive to buy and repair compared to Japanese stuff.

Comment

Well I got drunk and got the Sawz All out again...

I'll post a video of the carnage when I find my phone. S2000s are deceptively good at swallowing personal belongings.

Comment

Originally posted by Louism View Post
          Haha, love it. Looking at the first photo, who knew it could turn out so well
          definitely this ^^
          it looks awesome, good job

Comment

This is badass, i'd love to rip this around.

Comment

not really a fan of bikes, but i like this

Comment

Originally posted by theREALpendulum View Post
                Depending on the bike, a 250 is probably your best bet to start. Also depends on the style. If you want a sport bike, the Ninja 250R and Honda CBR250 are both great starters. If you want more of a cruiser type bike, like a Harley, you could very easily start out on a 500cc+ engine because they're a lot less sensitive to throttle/brake/steering inputs. Kinda like driving a Lincoln Town Car with a V8 compared to a Mitsubishi Evolution which has a 4 cylinder... The Evo has 1/2 the engine but is way more difficult to drive.

Basically, the fact is that you're going to damage your 1st bike... Whether it's an accident, or dropping it in the driveway while checking the oil. That's the main reason I was saying a Harley might not be a good idea for your 1st since Harleys are way more expensive to buy and repair compared to Japanese stuff.
                125 is the biggest we can ride on a CBT licence. But i'll be taking the whole test school thing and going in with nothing and coming out the ability to jump any size machine. So yeh what youre saying is totally true.

I dont ever see myself owning anything sporty or jap. It will just be low, low bars and noisy.
                -SW|UK-
                Education - Knowledge - Power
                insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
                  definitely this ^^
                  it looks awesome, good job
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by ChrisVRsix View Post
                  This is badass, i'd love to rip this around.
                  I've got like almost nothing into it, financially. I think I've spent as much on beer/tools/maintenance parts than I did on the bike itself, and I've got around $1600 into it

Originally posted by JonnyBoi View Post
                  not really a fan of bikes, but i like this
                  mucho thanks! It'll get much better in the near future. I promise.

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                  125 is the biggest we can ride on a CBT licence. But i'll be taking the whole test school thing and going in with nothing and coming out the ability to jump any size machine. So yeh what youre saying is totally true.

I dont ever see myself owning anything sporty or jap. It will just be low, low bars and noisy.
                  Well... when you say "sporty" I think of a Harley Sportster and when you say "jap", I think of anything Japanese, which this is... But you're probably referring to a sport bike. Oh, and LOL at abiding by traffic laws. I just got my drivers license back this February after an almost 3 year suspension I don't have my motorcycle endorsement... Got pulled over on Saturday night... No tickets for anything. Maybe because I'm white?

Oh yeah, so I posted yesterday that I had an update. This update is super special, because my sexy heiny makes a cameo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqalVCcKnZ4"]Suzuki GS550 Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

p.s... It doesn't sound that cool in real life.

EDIT: I would just like to take a moment to say that those dudes int he Bikes of Bolts video give even less fucks than I do, and for that, I am amazed.
                    Last edited by theREALpendulum; 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

After over 2 months of this shitty mess being down, it's running again! Carbs are far from perfect, but they're rebuilt properly so I'm on the right track.

My friend Marin just got his XS650 bobber together, so I rode that bitch tonight. Got eyed by a cougar at a stop light

Comment

not a fan of these bikes and when i saw the first pic i was about to click the back button. im glad i scrolled down, this bike does not disappoint!

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

dang, dude. i've got a 1980 gs750, and you're giving me terrible ideas haha.
                          -George
                          flickr

Comment

Shit's gnarly. Haha, I'd be afraid to scoot too far back on the seat though.

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X