• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the write up, had me LOL'ing

Comment

Originally posted by yoffer View Post
      Yeah man, looks safe.
      I could slip in the shower, break my neck and lay there until I die a slow death... Or I can ride the shit outta this thing and if I die, I die. At least I went out with a smile on my face.

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
      Hellz yea.

That thing is classy.
      Definitely not how I'd describe, but thanks!

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
      This is dirty
      This is a much more appropriate term

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      different

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
      Really love it, i'm gonna be getting my licence and getting one but a Harley. Thats 'bobber' style right?
      Thanks! Honestly though... You should probably start with something else. If you're not very experienced, you're going to drop your bike at least. It's pretty likely that you'll have a crash. I've been riding dirt bikes for over 10 years, and Harleys (from stock to crazy custom choppers) for about 6 years. I've dropped a couple dirt bikes and my dads Harley. Almost dropped this bike last week... And I'm careful and don't consider myself clumsy.

And yeah, this is a bobber. For me, this type of bike is a TRUE bobber. The name bobber comes from dudes that would chop stuff off their bikes back in the 40s, aka "bobbing" them. A custom frame kinda takes away from that in my opinion.

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
      This is awesome.
      Thanks. I've got a new tank, new seat, and a few other tricks to make it a bit more awesome.

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
      Love bobbers.
      Originally posted by AwesomeOne View Post
      I likes it.... do more to it
      Originally posted by Louism View Post
      Haha, love it. Looking at the first photo, who knew it could turn out so well
      Thanks guys. Like I said above, I've got some things planned to make it a bit more awesome. I'll probably build a custom frame next year. I'm thinking about picking up another bike (same model, 1 yr older) that doesn't have a title so I can rebuild that motor. If I did that, I'd probably just put the newly rebuilt engine in a custom frame and have 2 of this fuckers

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Nick View Post
        i like the write up, had me LOL'ing
        haha thanks, that was kinda the goal. I grew up around bikes but was never in a position to own one until recently. I need to raise my bike a bit so I can put a rear fender on it. Apparently bitches love motorcycles. Almost as much as smiley faces.

Comment

Looks sick. Only thing I would do is new seat and weld up that rear swing-arm so its permanently Solid.
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Don't know shit about this but it seems pretty bad ass.
            I'm digging the write up too.

Comment

Originally posted by theREALpendulum View Post
              I rode it 50 miles to my dads tattoo shop, then took a detour through a really nice part of town on the way home. Felt like a boss on my $1200 ratty motorcycle, surrounded by Bentleys, Rolls Royce, Ferraris, etc. After a month of riding it around almost daily, I finally had a license plate and registration. This pic was @ a gas station in the ghetto.
              Abso-fucking-lutely love this. Your attitude (badditude?) and this bike go together like construction sites and dead hookers. I know what it feels like to roll through an upper middle class suburb in something that would knock the teeth clean out of donald trump's head if it were a person.

best feeling in the world. Please update this again soon! keep chopping stuff off of it! don't use a measuring tape! buy a gun and weld that sucker to the handlebars! REPLACE THE TIRES WITH BULLET BELTS!

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

love where this is going
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                  Looks sick. Only thing I would do is new seat and weld up that rear swing-arm so its permanently Solid.
                  Eventually I'll either do a proper hardtail to this frame, or build a frame. I have a spring seat already, but without a welder I don't have any way to mount it

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
                  Don't know shit about this but it seems pretty bad ass.
                  I'm digging the write up too.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                  Abso-fucking-lutely love this. Your attitude (badditude?) and this bike go together like construction sites and dead hookers. I know what it feels like to roll through an upper middle class suburb in something that would knock the teeth clean out of donald trump's head if it were a person.

best feeling in the world. Please update this again soon! keep chopping stuff off of it! don't use a measuring tape! buy a gun and weld that sucker to the handlebars! REPLACE THE TIRES WITH BULLET BELTS!
                  Well... I probably won't be chopping anything else off. Until Sunday, that is. Hopefully I'll be able to build me new exhaust on Sunday. Anyone that knows me in real life will tell you that this thread really does sum me up. I like to get rowdy.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                  love where this is going
                  Thanks! This is a result of totalling my 240 and finally being at a point in life where I could say "fuck everything, I'm doing this."

This is my 2nd bobber, but I ended up selling the 1st one before I ever got it running. It looked bitchin' though.

Comment

CHOP THE EXHAUST YOULL LOVEEEEEEE IT

Comment

Is that a 400? 450?

I'm just worried about the afr being a bit too lean for the summers here if I chop the exhaust. I'm in Arizona, where 112* is normal for 3 straight months. I plan to cut the exhaust and add some straight pipes the same length as the stock mufflers.

Comment

Awesome. Almost making me wanna get a bike myself, almost.

Comment

i love this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierate View Post
                            Awesome. Almost making me wanna get a bike myself, almost.
                            Every man should own a motorcycle of some sort.

Originally posted by jgartland View Post
                            i love this.
                            Thanks. It'll get better once I get my new tank from my dads place and I get my new seat mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by theREALpendulum View Post
                              Is that a 400? 450?

I'm just worried about the afr being a bit too lean for the summers here if I chop the exhaust. I'm in Arizona, where 112* is normal for 3 straight months. I plan to cut the exhaust and add some straight pipes the same length as the stock mufflers.
                              its a 400. yea its fine up here in new england i might be worried in AZ tho

Comment

Originally posted by rolllindeep View Post
                                its a 400. yea its fine up here in new england i might be worried in AZ tho
                                Yeah, I think if run some pipe the same length as the stock mufflers, it'll keep similar backpressure. Here's WHY I think that...

My bikes a 550, which is a 4 cylinder. Each exhaust runner looks like it's about 1.5". Cylinders 1+2 and 3+4 merge under the oil pan. That means when they get to the muffler it has to flow 3.0" worth of gas. I've got no idea what the inside of my mufflers look like, but If I use a 1.5" straight pipe, I'm figuring that it'd be sufficient to maintain my backpressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X