2 wheels with no fucks given.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 wheels with no fucks given.

So a few months ago I picked up this old Suzuki GS550, with plans to chop all the dumb shit off and ride it until it blows up. Eventually (some time before it blows up), I'll do a proper hard tail conversion but for now I think it looks pretty gnar. I've done almost everything in my garage with basic hand tools, a sawzall, and some beer.

Here's how she looked the day after I picked her up. I rode home during a haboob, shit was nasty.

So then I got drunk one night and tore the rear section off... and couldn't figure out how to put it back together. Probably because it was stupid hot out and I didn't really care. So I rode it like this for a week or two.

After a few weeks of that mess, I finally stopped trying to borrow a Sawz All and just bought one. This happened immediately.

I completely eye-balled the measurements because I had misplaced the tape measure and couldn't be bothered to look for it. Turns out I'm a master of eye-balling shit.

Since I had chopped off the rear end, I had to come up w/ a new license plate mount and tail light. I bought this from a local shop that builds Harleys.

Bike Bandit finally stopped fucking around and got me my new chain and sprockets, so those went on. New license plate bracket went on at the same time, and I lowered it. Removed the rear shocks and replaced them with some flat steel. Cut an inch off the seat to clear the tire, and re-wrapped it.

I rode it 50 miles to my dads tattoo shop, then took a detour through a really nice part of town on the way home. Felt like a boss on my $1200 ratty motorcycle, surrounded by Bentleys, Rolls Royce, Ferraris, etc. After a month of riding it around almost daily, I finally had a license plate and registration. This pic was @ a gas station in the ghetto.

Here's my death trap next to one of my dads bikes. We rode up to this little town called Globe a few weeks ago.

And here's how she looks currently, with my new helmet.

I've got less than $1600 into it, including my new helmet. I lowered it so much that when I turn, the exhausts scrape. I actually noticed this morning that the tab that holds the left side muffler to the bike has been destroyed. I've ridden all kinds of different bikes, and because of how low this thing is, it's pretty difficult. I love it.

**** it or love it, don't really care. Just figured I'd post my beast. I thought it would fit in since it's lowered 4.5 inches. I did finally find the tape measure.

straight pipe. do et

Comment

Sweeeet! My next project has a distinct possibility to be something similar to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
        straight pipe. do et
        I've thought about it. That was actually my original plan. Now that the exhaust is interfering with being low, it's more of a priority.

The only problem is that straight pipes will lean the air/fuel mix out. It runs rich right now, so leaning it out would be good... But I just spent $80 on all the parts to rebuild the carbs and I'm afraid once I do that, it'll be too lean w/ straight pipes.

Originally posted by Flashpoint_RX7 View Post
        Sweeeet! My next project has a distinct possibility to be something similar to this.
        I'm a firm believer that every man needs to own a motorcycle. My eventual goal is something like this:

I've already got a solo seat and Sportster tank. Just gotta figure out how to mount 'em without a welder

Comment

hellz yeah bruh

one day ill find a perfect cb750 for a similar project.

Comment

Don't even bother looking for a perfect one. Just find one that runs and has good compression. No sense in looking for a perfect bike if you're just gonna chop it.

Comment

Hellz yea.

That thing is classy.

Comment

This is dirty

Originally posted by Kielan
                Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

different
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Really love it, i'm gonna be getting my licence and getting one but a Harley. Thats 'bobber' style right?
                    -SW|UK-
                    Education - Knowledge - Power
                    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

This is awesome.

Originally posted by Rion
                      I have 4 cheater switches that fill things some people put groceries in that in return makes me a female dog in heat.

Comment

Yeah man, looks safe.

Comment

Love bobbers.

Comment

I likes it.... do more to it

Comment

Haha, love it. Looking at the first photo, who knew it could turn out so well
                              "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Comment

Working...
                              X