No announcement yet.

BMW E46 M3 Lemans/Cinnamon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i get what you mean about the led indicators. chrome, should clean it up nicley

love the lip, especially with the csl front bumper. i say do it.

Comment

I ran that same style lip when I had my M3 but I think it was one from status gruppe or whatever their name is, loved the look tho over the normal CSL splitters.

Always been curious of those air cups, love how fast they are. Wish I would have had them a few years back.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Frode D View Post
        I ordered new front struts that are 20mm longer than standard BWS for E46. (60mm longer than E9x setup). This gives me 100mm piston above the shock body.
        I have 5" 16k springs and 60mm helper springs (compresses to 22mm). The combined compression with these are adjusted to 50mm when applied the weight of the car. The cups are 18mm thick. This leaves me with 32mm of suspension travel, which is not a lot, but hopefully enough.

Thanks for sharing, appreciate that.

Good choice of the potential new lip. I was running the same until I went lower. Thats why I need air cups to get the splitter back on!

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
          i get what you mean about the led indicators. chrome, should clean it up nicley

love the lip, especially with the csl front bumper. i say do it.
          Waiting for an answer about shipping to Norway. Probably expensive.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          I ran that same style lip when I had my M3 but I think it was one from status gruppe or whatever their name is, loved the look tho over the normal CSL splitters.

Always been curious of those air cups, love how fast they are. Wish I would have had them a few years back.
          I've looked at the Status Gruppe lip and I think that one has better fitment than the ebay lip. But Status Gruppe is carbon fibre, and the ebay one is plastic which should take a lot more beating before it cracks. CF does not last very long on low cars.

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
          Thanks for sharing, appreciate that.

Good choice of the potential new lip. I was running the same until I went lower. Thats why I need air cups to get the splitter back on!
          Air cups is very convenient. Gives you a lot of extra driveability.
          '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
          instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Adjusted the height for now. Just need an alignment and to redo the rear inner fenders to make more room for te wheels..

Changed the bulbs today.
            Before:

After:

Some better pics:

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

this thing is fucking mint dude!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
              Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                this thing is fucking mint dude!
                Thank you sir!

-

Paul is currently finishing the brushed finish and I hope I will recieve the lips Shortly. Cant wait to finish the ACS type 2 wheels. I have painted the barrels "Satin Black" and waiting for the centers to come back from paint. The nuts and a few of the bolts are sent to be galvanized.

Also splitted the Hartge's and painted the two barrels I'm going to re-use. I need 4 new lips and 2 new barrels to rebuild them.

While I was at it I painted the air ducts as well. the only remaining visible carbon is the diffuser.

Got an alignment yesterday. 3,75 degrees was what I ended up with (3 degrees and 45 minutes). This is more than I hoped for, but It has to be this much to fit the wheels. Don't want to poke too much.

Cleaned the car to get rid of the salt, don't really use the car during winter due to salty roads.

Now the car is delivered to a friend of mine to re-do the rear inner fenders to make more room for tires. Wanting to run 225/40 and 265/35 and not have the super stretched 225/35 and 245/35 like I have now.
                instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Cool update as always!

I too have made a start and need to get the rear arch work finished. I'm running 265/35/18 on 11" et 8 with 4deg and it hit the arch lip big time when I hit a pothole in southern italy last summer. Want to get a bit more clearance so I can push it hard and not worry!

Comment

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
                    Cool update as always!

I too have made a start and need to get the rear arch work finished. I'm running 265/35/18 on 11" et 8 with 4deg and it hit the arch lip big time when I hit a pothole in southern italy last summer. Want to get a bit more clearance so I can push it hard and not worry!
                    Oh, that's quite aggressive! I haven't hit lip to fender yet, but the springs are really stiff. Then I know 265 will work fine for me too. Thanks for the info.
                    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

• its so mean... great work as ussual. whats up with the e90?just a plain daily? or have you put your touch on it to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frode D View Post
                        Oh, that's quite aggressive! I haven't hit lip to fender yet, but the springs are really stiff. Then I know 265 will work fine for me too. Thanks for the info.
                        Mine haven't hit under normal driving but I've not really pushed the car hard into corners if I'm honest. It hit on the Italy trip due to a deep pothole, didn't stand a chance!

Obviously your tyre choice will play a part too. I'm running Nankang NS20's because they're a symmetrical tyre so I can flip them as I start to get camber wear

We're running the same rear spring I think right? (BC 120mm 18kg on adjuster platforms with only one adjuster base ring fitted) And probably similar height as a result? So should be similar. Are your rears rolled? Mine are with about a 10mm lip but thats what I'm trying to reduce now.

For ride height reference...

And lip reference (not an amazing pic but you get the idea)...

I want to end up with something like this...

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                          its so mean... great work as ussual. whats up with the e90?just a plain daily? or have you put your touch on it to?
                          Thank you!

It has coilovers, Style 128 summer wheels and a front lip I need to fit. I don't have a separate thread for it as it is my daily and I don't really do much to it other than drive.
                          instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

• So been a few months now... how have you found the air cup set up to live with?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post
                              So been a few months now... how have you found the air cup set up to live with?
                              i think he sold it unfortunately

Comment

• Oh no! Really??

Comment

Working...
                                X