• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
    Lovin it
    Thank you!

Originally posted by Fons View Post
    This BMW is so good! Love the colors and all those OEM parts, keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much. OEM+ is the best way to go.
    '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

how do you rate the eanon? looking to get one for mine... but have heard radio reception is not good, and bluetooth handsfree also not great(people cant hear you clearly) and the blooth is one of the main reasons i wants a new headunit

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
        how do you rate the eanon? looking to get one for mine... but have heard radio reception is not good, and bluetooth handsfree also not great(people cant hear you clearly) and the blooth is one of the main reasons i wants a new headunit
        It hasn't arrived yet, but the reason I chose Eonon was a thread i found on E46fanatics.com, where people said the audio quality was much better on the newest version vs the older one. And this one is upgraded after that one as well.

During this year the FM broadcasting will shut down here in Norway, so I have to use the DAB+ unit, which should increase sound quality.

As for the handsfree I suppose the mic location could matter, and also the mic is replacable if it's crap.

Every aftermarket unit I've found claim to be the best one out there, so it's hard to choose between them. this unit is half the price of ones I find local here in Norway so I'll give it a shot..
        instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Originally posted by Frode D View Post
          It hasn't arrived yet, but the reason I chose Eonon was a thread i found on E46fanatics.com, where people said the audio quality was much better on the newest version vs the older one. And this one is upgraded after that one as well.

During this year the FM broadcasting will shut down here in Norway, so I have to use the DAB+ unit, which should increase sound quality.

As for the handsfree I suppose the mic location could matter, and also the mic is replacable if it's crap.

Every aftermarket unit I've found claim to be the best one out there, so it's hard to choose between them. this unit is half the price of ones I find local here in Norway so I'll give it a shot..

i look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get it... still on the fence about it.

Comment

i look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get it... still on the fence about it.
            Will post some info when I get home from work and get to try it out.

-

Still waiting for my lips to arrive from Ewheelworks. Hopefully I'll get them soon.

Almost forgot I had the Hartges... Had to do a test fit.

I like them, but I would like some wider lips and Sandwich mount the centers like this guy has done..

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Originally posted by Frode D View Post
              I don't really like the carbon fiber look, so I sold the CSL trunk lid with exposed CF, and bought a new OEM CSL lid. Expensive as fuck, but looks way better without the moulding for lights and switch.

OEM CSL lid does not have a tool box inside, so I had to modify the lid to fit mine as I want to keep it.

I chose to use OEM E90 LED license plate lights (aftermarket bulbs are way too bright).

When I painted the lower part of the steering wheel the "M" sticker did not survive, Finally got a new one. Black steering wheel looks way better than half black/grey.

Gave the car a long awaited wash and took a few pictures. Love the blue paint!

Man this thing is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                Man this thing is amazing
                Thank you!

-

Installed the Eonon head unit a few days ago. First impressions are only positive, especially for the price. Sounds good and easy to use.

Mic installed:

Dab+ antenna as hidden as it could get

After locking my keys in the trunk twice I ordered the trunk switch and wiring. (No switch on the CSL trunk)

Front struts arrived. Longer piston than stock with 16k springs and helper springs. Air cups are from stanceparts.com. This gives me 50mm lift on the fly.

With Electronic Damper Control installed

The result

First test
                First test of the air cups on my E46 M3. 50mm lift when needed.

Broadway Static 500S with air cups from Frode Dale on Vimeo.

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

YESSSS!!!!

This is exactly the update I've been waiting for

Glad you were able to sort the air cup side out, definitely they way I want to go to. With the cost of importing Broadways right now tho I might try and do it with a set of Nitrons instead.

You must be stoked? Your still waiting on shorter rear springs right? 100mm?

Comment

YESSSS!!!!

This is exactly the update I've been waiting for

Glad you were able to sort the air cup side out, definitely they way I want to go to. With the cost of importing Broadways right now tho I might try and do it with a set of Nitrons instead.

You must be stoked? Your still waiting on shorter rear springs right? 100mm?
                    Yes, finally! I've been wanting to finish this for two years now and finally it's installed. And works perfectly! Feels so good

I haven't bought rear springs yet. I think I will stick with these 5" springs and just remove the lock ring if I want it a little lower. The reinforced subframe and spring perch reinforcements are probably the reason it is this "high" at the lowest setting. They probably add 1-2cm in total. If that doesn't do the trick I'll buy 4" springs.
                    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

So did you end up with a 50mm helper spring and 50mm longer piston basically? What length is the 16kg spring?

Comment

So did you end up with a 50mm helper spring and 50mm longer piston basically? What length is the 16kg spring?

I ordered new front struts that are 20mm longer than standard BWS for E46. (60mm longer than E9x setup). This gives me 100mm piston above the shock body.
                        I have 5" 16k springs and 60mm helper springs (compresses to 22mm). The combined compression with these are adjusted to 50mm when applied the weight of the car. The cups are 18mm thick. This leaves me with 32mm of suspension travel, which is not a lot, but hopefully enough.
                        instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

the cup kit if awsome.... and so quick. good stuff as always. the eonon looks good in there, how is the colour match at night? also have you tested the bluetooth phone calls? how does it rate?

Comment

the cup kit if awsome.... and so quick. good stuff as always. the eonon looks good in there, how is the colour match at night? also have you tested the bluetooth phone calls? how does it rate?
                            Thanks!

The color match is as good as it gets. Adjustable as well if you want something else. With the external mic the sound is good (according to my gf). Sounds like an handsfree usually do.

Bluetooth streaming however is a little variable. I have android and that sounds good, but på gf has an iphone and that has a little high pitch noise. Seems like Eonon is very sensitive to the quality of streaming. I had to adjust Spotify to "high quality" to get rid of everything..
                            instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

thanks for your feedback really apreciate it... whats next for this beast. have you thought about changing the indicator bulbs to the chrome ones, would get rid of the fried egg look in the front. that or i saw someone with a set of led indicators that actually look good, kind of reminded me of the e90 lci idicator

Comment

thanks for your feedback really apreciate it... whats next for this beast. have you thought about changing the indicator bulbs to the chrome ones, would get rid of the fried egg look in the front. that or i saw someone with a set of led indicators that actually look good, kind of reminded me of the e90 lci idicator
                                No problem
                                Good thing you reminded me! I have "chrome" bulbs laying around somewhere in the garage. The LED indicators look too futuristic for me.

Next up will be adjusting the height and get an alignment. Also I'm considering this front lip.
                                instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Working...
                                X