Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
    Great work as always.

I looked into air cups to fit my HSD coilovers but was told that because they are inverted dampers it wasn't possible. BC do a kit that suits the air cups but again its there regular damper not the inverted one. What are your BWS coils?

I was advised that for the M3 front set up it really needs to be an inverted set up, otherwise I would of also loved an air cup set up.
    Thanks!

I don't think these are inverted, I haven't read anything about that. Not 100% sure I can make air cups work, but I will give it a shot. But I will need assist or helper springs to do it, as the springs only compress 15mm with the weight of the car.
    '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Got the rear adjustment today and I'm kind of disappointed at the height. It is now at the lowest setting and it is not very low... Looks like I'm going to need 4" springs.

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Originally posted by Frode D View Post
        Thanks!

I don't think these are inverted, I haven't read anything about that. Not 100% sure I can make air cups work, but I will give it a shot. But I will need assist or helper springs to do it, as the springs only compress 15mm with the weight of the car.

Looking back at the pictures of yours without the spring & top hat on you might be ok as the shaft does't look too think - do you know its diameter? The old bilsteins look like they are inverted. Mine are like this so the shaft is too thick for the air cup for it to slide up and down on. Its not meant to compress the spring its meant to push against it to pull out the piston, so whether you have a helper or not, it needs to be able to draw up and open the piston up into itself. That was my understanding anyway.

Also, I went for 120mm 18k and wish I had went for 100mm too.
        Last edited by The Simps; 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Just found the old emails i had sent to Stanceparts back in february and back then the cups only went up to a shaft size of 22mm.

Comment

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
            Looking back at the pictures of yours without the spring & top hat on you might be ok as the shaft does't look too think - do you know its diameter? The old bilsteins look like they are inverted. Mine are like this so the shaft is too thick for the air cup for it to slide up and down on. Its not meant to compress the spring its meant to push against it to pull out the piston, so whether you have a helper or not, it needs to be able to draw up and open the piston up into itself. That was my understanding anyway.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/The%20M3/EB1B9653-BC06-4BD0-8334-66FBA60CAE94.jpg/img]

Also, I went for 120mm 18k and wish I had went for 100mm too.

Just found the old emails i had sent to Stanceparts back in february and back then the cups only went up to a shaft size of 22mm.
            Mine are 20mm, so their air cups should work. I do need helper springs as these coilovers have separate height and preload adjustment. The preload is recommended to compress the spring 1/8", which means the shaft is at the top of its travel. If I install air cups without assist springs, I will be able to lift the car the same height as the weight of the car compresses the spring/lowers the shaft, which is 15mm.

With helper springs I will be able to get more lift without removing all of the preload and leave the spring loose. But the next issue is the travel from the spring seat and shock body being 7-8cm, so I dont have much room to play after installing the air cups. They eat up 20mm, and helper springs will do the same...

I wonder if I could order shocks with longer shafts, to make them fit...
            instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Sooo, I just bought my old wheels back.

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

That's a great look! Did you pay less than you sold them for? Haha
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

love those wheels. you converted them yourself right? how much did the whole thing cost you if you dont mind me asking. would love a similar set

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                    That's a great look! Did you pay less than you sold them for? Haha
                    Thanks! I'm wondering if gloss silver enters would look better.. I paid the same, they're barely used

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                    love those wheels. you converted them yourself right? how much did the whole thing cost you if you dont mind me asking. would love a similar set
                    Yes, or Spintech built them for me. The wheels were $2400 plus shipping, and I already had the centers myself. So I guess they ended up in the $3-3400 range.
                    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

keep the centers that color. Silver would blend in too much with the barrels and lips
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Looks great as is bud!

Comment

looking good bud. Love the wheels!!

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                            keep the centers that color. Silver would blend in too much with the barrels and lips
                            You might have a point there..

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                            Looks great as is bud!
                            Thank you!

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                            looking good bud. Love the wheels!!
                            Thanks!
                            instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

I don't really like the carbon fiber look, so I sold the CSL trunk lid with exposed CF, and bought a new OEM CSL lid. Expensive as fuck, but looks way better without the moulding for lights and switch.

OEM CSL lid does not have a tool box inside, so I had to modify the lid to fit mine as I want to keep it.

I chose to use OEM E90 LED license plate lights (aftermarket bulbs are way too bright).

When I painted the lower part of the steering wheel the "M" sticker did not survive, Finally got a new one. Black steering wheel looks way better than half black/grey.

Gave the car a long awaited wash and took a few pictures. Love the blue paint!

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

On point Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X