Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    The fenders look good man!
    Thanks man. I am picking up some front end components this weekend: TT spindles, lower control arms, and sway bars. According to one of my good buds from the CHOPSHOP this will allow me more camber adjustment in the front, and allow me to go lower when airing out while maintaining my fitment to the fender. I'll have to notch the frame, and I'm considering moving the fender flair upwards slightly so I can touch my front lip/splitter before the wheel lip hits the fender. I'm going to put all that stuff on this weekend, then cut the fenders out behind the paper so I can actually drop it down. I'll keep the cut out section so I can tack it back in to keep my reference point. I had someone repost my IG progress pic and proceed to try talk shit. Anyone with a brain will realize the car is barely 30% complete so there is plenty more to happen before I will call it done. I guess h@ters are fans in disguise. They h@te us cuz they anus obviously. Anyways, I'm still making progress and hope to keep getting new things complete.

Comment

• Looks good man!

Never understood why people **** on a car that's clearly in progress.

Keep it going! CHOPSHOP are a bunch of great guys!

Comment

• Looking great so far Jason! I am working on the next video to show the progress of the widebody and how the front fenders were made!

Comment

• Originally posted by DropCulture View Post
          Looking great so far Jason! I am working on the next video to show the progress of the widebody and how the front fenders were made!
          Let's film with the new drone DRopCulture!

Comment

• monster! Im liking this

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
            Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• Stoked to see this when i get out.
              sigpic

Comment

• Whatever happening here is sick AF. How do you make that wire inside folded fender (near the wheel rim) so be smoth. As it seems that the radius is not 100% round around the wheel lip. Hope this question makes sence. Its interesting to me as when i did metal wider fenders i didn't flip the lip inside because had no idea/tools how to make it uniform throughout the bend.

Also what is that rubber ring on top of the english wheel for?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyCripple View Post
                  Whatever happening here is sick AF. How do you make that wire inside folded fender (near the wheel rim) so be smoth. As it seems that the radius is not 100% round around the wheel lip. Hope this question makes sence. Its interesting to me as when i did metal wider fenders i didn't flip the lip inside because had no idea/tools how to make it uniform throughout the bend.

Also what is that rubber ring on top of the english wheel for?

Thanks.
                  Hey man all good questions, so the wire edge is done with a bead roller using what's called a tipping wheel.(youtube that you'll see it come up) It's a sharp upper die that rolls along your material while you apply an upwards pressure. THis tips the material over along a straight or curved line. This takes place over several passes until you can tap the edge over the wire using a TIG welding filler rod and a hammer/dolley. The fender shape actually follows the original body line so I am not trying to wrap around the wheel. Car fenders don't follow a tight line around the wheel lip, they have a general curve following the lines of the car. Here's a pic of the original fender I cut away so you can see.

Hope that makes sense.
                  Currently I'm trying to get my new sway bar in the front and having a bit of a hard time, along with new control arms and spindles. Should be done this week! Some wheels I built this week, had to machine them cuz they weren't straight.

Comment

• Curious, did you consider using the Enkei RPF1 Type RC?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                      Curious, did you consider using the Enkei RPF1 Type RC?
                      I didn't but alot of their wheels seem candidates for the conversion. I like the RPF1's better then the RC but they look ok too.

Comment

• Progress report:
                        Front fender design complete! I had to cut the bumper more and clear behind the tire since they are so side they hit during turning lock to lock. I aired out and set the fender edge, then began copying the back curves to tie the shapes together. Next I will replicate the buck pieces for the other side and begin roughing the fenders out. Also started messing with some aero pieces and trying to decide on a wing or just something small at the top. Here are pics:

After fenders, I will do sideskirts.
                        Here a some cessna airplane seats I'm redoing:

Stay tuned and follow more here: https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/?hl=en

Comment

• Every time this thread updates an angel gets its wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• Can't wait to see this rolling!
                            IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Nice progress.

Instagram: jellismotors

Comment

• Update: Front fender buck complete, first fender on its way to completion. Made some dies for my pullmax to speed up shaping time with metal. The machine is awesome and makes things so much faster with less tooling marks. Here's where I'm at:
                                Paper pattern to see where stretching/shrinking happens:

Began shaping and tipped this edge with the beadroller, things looking good at this point

starting knocking over the wire edge for strength and to capture the shape

Finished wire edge and wheeled out the panel to smooth it back to the shape of the buck:

Added the screw flats around the fender to mount to the car:

Started making transition pieces at the back. These took time. I'm still ironing the shape out:

Comment

Working...
                                X