No announcement yet.

Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I just read the whole thread, and I had to subscribe and follow on IG! Looks mental, and I can't wait to see what the rest of the widebody kit looks like. If you ever make it down to any events in the Windsor/ Detroit area, I'd love to see this thing in person!

Comment

• Here is a little video I whipped up for Jason of the fabrication and metal work done on the fenders:

Comment

• Originally posted by DropCulture View Post
        Here is a little video I whipped up for Jason of the fabrication and metal work done on the fenders:

That vid was awesome!!

Comment

• You're the man Jay. My favorite part is Steves cameo.
          sigpic

Comment

• That lathe is bigger than some garages

Comment

• Dropculture!!! hahaha so sick with the camera dude. Love your work! Gridlife video is very sick! I have some pretty cool friends and they are definitely there for me when I need them. Anyways, currently finishing the passenger rear and already started the design for the front fenders. Thanks for your interest and positive comments!

Comment

• Those skirt winglets need to have bends outwards at the rear I think... Just to look like they are designed to flow air around the wheel/tyre rather than into it. And maybe even the vertical cut should follow the radius of the tyre a bit [when looking from the side of it]? I'm not sure but I don't doubt you will impress!
                My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• thats just great, can't wait to see the final result.
                  Instagram : Fooshamsheer
                  Follow our Stance page on instagram : @minusthree.sa

Comment

• Video was awesome, really shows all the time and effort that goes into the metal work.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Haz.:R32 View Post
                      Wow! I just read the whole thread, and I had to subscribe and follow on IG! Looks mental, and I can't wait to see what the rest of the widebody kit looks like. If you ever make it down to any events in the Windsor/ Detroit area, I'd love to see this thing in person!
                      I used to live in windsor for a year when I went to University a while back. I had some good times there!

Comment

• Originally posted by kohlmines View Post
                        Video was awesome, really shows all the time and effort that goes into the metal work.
                        The video is good for sure! He is Dropculture but he works for Vibrant Performance and does their media stuff too. Cool guy. Hopefully he makes another one for me when the car is done! I'm completing the passenger rear, and here are some pics with primer. Actually starts to blend into the car better. Also pic of the 190 with the 3 piece barocks I made for my good buddy and his gf.

Comment

• Made up a planishing hammer this week to help smooth the fenders even more so hopefully one day I don't need any body filler. That's the goal at least. For now I think I will still need it to be realistic. It's adjustable, the lower die is interchangeable. I made it from 4140 and flame hardened it. The lower anvil has a slide locking mechanism to allow large shapes through and also to pull the anvil out. It works pretty good I'm happy with it, however the frame might have been heavier wall.

Comment

• Man your skills astound me, I'm totally hooked on this thread, craftsmanship is on another level
                            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                              Man your skills astound me, I'm totally hooked on this thread, craftsmanship is on another level
                              Follow more progress and neat machining/fab stuff: https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/?hl=en

Thanks man! Alot of this is new but fun to learn. Frustrating at times, but rewarding. I recommend anyone interested in working with sheet metal to try it.
                              Finalized shape of the passenger rear fender and tipped the edge on the beadroller. Still shrinking the edge to get the curvature to sit right on the car but it's very close to what I want. It sits up to the body edge without much assistance. With some screws and fender welting it should be just right. Next is screw flats using my impression tool I made and then putting in my nutserts/rivnuts. I'm charging my battery up so I can air out and check the position of the two fenders to their respective lips. I can pull the fenders around a little to get them exactly the same on both sides but they have to be pretty much where they're gonna stay. Onto the front soon!

Comparison of symmetry:

My buddies 190 with the 3 piece barocks I made for him. This is a bit secret still but hey don't tell!:

Comment

• The fenders look good man!
                                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
                                X