X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup this is fucking awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys!
      About to get back into this project now that it isn't 100 degrees outside. No AC in summer sucks so I haven't been driving it much. Next drift event in about a month, if all goes well planning on starting the full custom cage process in November/December. Need to get the 3.90 gears I have laying around with a spool installed in my 3rd differential. Always evolving...
      Pipsqueak the Goat
      Chix Blog

Comment

holy sheet...totes amazing...i love everything about this. i need more!!!!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
        Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

An LS engine in a car designed for it that cost less than swapping it into another chassis? Preposterous!

Love the build, I remember drooling over Rhy's Millen's GTO back in the day. This kind of reminds me of it.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I like everything about it except the S-chassis trunk lip. Have you thought about using a E46 CSL trunk lip instead?

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

The project started out slow, but the car is really starting to come together now. Hope to street it more this Fall.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                I like everything about it except the S-chassis trunk lip. Have you thought about using a E46 CSL trunk lip instead?
                Dang, I never even thought of looking at that style spoiler. The BMW's lip curve would fit the GTO's lines more, just not sure if it would even fit tat all. I might have to photoshop it and see how it looks, I'm sure I can find a composite one on eBay after around what I got the S14 one for. Thanks for the suggestion.
                Pipsqueak the Goat
                Chix Blog

Comment

Into it. And not just because I just picked up a Yellow Jacket 04 GTO M6...and I'm in DFW...

How bad did the paint crack? I need to fill out the wheel wells and fit some bigger rubber under mine before putting on coils. Thinking of doing some BMW wheels (18x8.5 ET 37mm with a 255/55 or a 275/40) and rolling the inner lip at least on the fenders to clear. Any advice on fitment for a daily driver? Seems like you have pulled apart most of your suspension.
                  Stanced

Comment

Awesome! Welcome to the Goat club.

My paint cracked on the edge during the rolling, but you can fill that in with some touch paint or buy some spray cans from http://www.automotivetouchup.com
                    We got a bit impatient and the fenders were already damaged so the cracking didn't bother me. With heat the paint didn't crack when I pulled them out.
                    The Yellow Jacket is the US paint code, the Aussie one is Yellow Devil paint code 59. I bought some aerosol cans to fix the cracking and damage from the tire rubbing at lock...but I haven't tried it out after the last drift event.

The Focal wheels I have are for a BMW, 18x9.75 +30 with 20mm spacers on the front, none on the rear. That is also with running 245/40/18 or 235/40/18 tires. As you will find, the GTO is annoying (angering?) for fitting large amounts of rubber and wide wheels. I'm maxed in the rear with the Focals and no spacers. I just rolled the (very thick) rear lip that was also cut back a bit. You can cut the inner lip with a grinding wheel for more fitment. I'd recommend choosing either rolling or cutting, not both since you'll get the chance of weird results and ripples. Rolling the front fenders is pretty easy, no need to pull the heck out of em like I did. I need that for the steering angle increase, not so much for just fitting the new wheels.

The 275s on 8.5 width wheels will probably rub since they will bulge over the edge. I know the guys on the GTO specific forums are super closed minded, but you might search some of their threads to see what the guys running wide tires did. IIRC most of them wouldn't go below +40 offset. You might run into issues with rubbing both on the front strut and fender since stock setup doesn't allow any adjustment for camber. I'm running around -4 degrees camber in the front and about -0.8 in the rear for a better contact patch.

So in summary...not sure how 18x8.5 +37s will fit with the stock suspension. I ran some 17x8 +40 Koseis for a very short time with 245/40/17s and stock struts and shocks. They would have rubbed on the fender lip in the rear without the cutting. Fronts were fine with no modifications. With the right tire selection you could probably run those BMW wheels, but you'll have better luck with coilovers since they'll naturally add more camber and are smaller.
                    Last edited by chixwithtrix; 10-01-2015, 06:40 PM.
                    Pipsqueak the Goat
                    Chix Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X