X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

option 4 is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by dineno View Post
      Alright so I messed around with some renderings to simulate some different variations...

AS IS:

We have a winner here.

A pure, classy, restomod is where this thing should be imho. Going all out and running the same gag as Dirty Penny doesn't suit this car.

This thing needs to be that car that rolls into the show that commands attention like when a mob boss enters a room. The class and presence do the talking, not the flash and craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post
        We have a winner here.

A pure, classy, restomod is where this thing should be imho. Going all out and running the same gag as Dirty Penny doesn't suit this car.

This thing needs to be that car that rolls into the show that commands attention like when a mob boss enters a room. The class and presence do the talking, not the flash and craziness.
        I hear you, I like to add my own flavor to what I build though. Whether it be mild or wild, it has to be unique in some form or another. Even if it were simply re-upholstering the interior the same original color, but with real red leather and classy stitch work then converting an old set of original mercedes wheels to 3 piece or something.

Comment

I hear you, I like to add my own flavor to what I build though. Whether it be mild or wild, it has to be unique in some form or another. Even if it were simply re-upholstering the interior the same original color, but with real red leather and classy stitch work then converting an old set of original mercedes wheels to 3 piece or something.
          By all means, put your flavor in to the build. I didn't mean to come across as not to inject that flavor. I just meant that the classic look (black & chrome, original-esque interior) was, imo, the way to go.

Ox blood leather with some great stitch work might look amazing with the classic theme (obviously not an old Merc):

This color/sheen:

Mixed with this pattern:

= SPLOOSH

Converting the original wheels to 3-piece would be ridiculously cool. Would you up the lip/barrel size? Like from 15" to 16" or 17"?
          Last edited by Red_Arrowheads; 04-10-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post
            By all means, put in your flavor to the build. I didn't mean to come across as not to inject that flavor. I just meant that the classic look (black & chrome, original-esque interior) was, imo, the way to go.

Ox blood leather with some great stitch work might look amazing with the classic theme (obviously not an old Merc):

This color/sheen:

Mixed with this pattern:

= SPLOOSH

Converting the original wheels to 3-piece would be ridiculously cool. Would you up the lip/barrel size? Like from 15" to 16" or 17"?
            That Interio = my vision exactly on this one

Comment

That Interio = my vision exactly on this one
              Can you imagine immensely deep black paint, highly polished chrome/stainless, and an interior like that?

It'll be like the best Christmas morning you've ever had.

And we haven't even gotten to the wheels or engine yet

Comment

Holy shit. That interior pic Red_Arrowheads posted .. that oxblood .. jizz.

BUT KEEP THE COPPER TRIM IDEA !!

Comment

Everytime I see a stock mostly restored Ponton with the interior recovered and the paint glossy, it puts me in more awe than any dope custom Benz. I love all forms of car modifications but a clean Ponton is just unforgettable.

Respray it, redo the interior, and restore the stock wheels. I bet it'll be your most memorable and loved cars.
                  Mercedes:
                  93' 190E Sportline
                  80' 450SEL 6.9
                  67' 250SE

Comment

Go the black and the red interior, it will look beautiful!
                    Front seats from my '02

Last edited by fergie_english; 01-04-2016, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X