Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code's Hyundai tiburon/coupe/tuscani/what ever you call it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered where you had disappeared to....lol. Glad to see you making some progress on this thing.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      I wondered where you had disappeared to....lol. Glad to see you making some progress on this thing.
      I don't update this thread much. There are a lot more impressive builds on here than mine. The good thing about that though is I get plenty of ideas from other's work.

I can't wait to get the engine out of the way. That way I can start to; rebuilding the supercharger, doing finishing touches to the engine bay (fittings, ect), and refitting the interior with new parts.

Comment

Get this thing dyno'ed when all is said and done. This is the most extensive 2.7 tibby build I've ever seen. Great job, can't wait to hear this thing. The delta is so savage sounding with the s/c.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          Get this thing dyno'ed when all is said and done. This is the most extensive 2.7 tibby build I've ever seen. Great job, can't wait to hear this thing. The delta is so savage sounding with the s/c.
          Oh I plan on it I want to get it dynoed at stg 1 then dyno it after stg 2 with a tune and reflash. Oh there are a lot more extensive than mine out there. I want to make sure I do everything right the first time. It's my daily so I don't want to be back in a rental car.

Yeah I can't wait to hear with the seoulful racing (system upgrade) headers. It has a slight gtr sound at idle with the super 44 flow masters.

Comment

New engine is in the car!! Took only a day to pull the old one out and put the new one in. I will say the headers are not easy fit. The clearances on everything is so tight I had to pull on one header just to slide the gaskets in between the y pipe and down pipes. Plus we had to hammer the beautiful down pipe ... For $800 I shouldn't have to hammer anything. I am driving the car with open headers at the moment. I will have to go by an exhaust shop to have them replace the three bolt flange on my high flow cat with a two bolt flange. I also will have to extend my cat back exhaust a little more the cat doesn't bolt directly up with it. It comes up an inch short. Good thing though is it sounds like a cammed V8 and I love it!! lol

Comment

Need sound clip. Do want.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I will go out in an hour or so and try to get some better footage. I didn't want to wake the neighbors up at 11pm lol.

Comment

Need sound clip. Do want.
                  Here is a better video, wind noise sort of killed it,

Comment

So open headers became old really quick lol. I was having headaches from the noise and carbon monoxide. Monday I went to an exhaust shop to have my prior exhaust fixed and to have my high flow cat fixed as well. The high flow cat had a three bolt flange I needed it to have a two bolt. The previous exhaust was bottle necked. So it was a 2.25 piping going into a 2.5. I can't tell any difference in the sound except at higher rpms. The acceleration is a night and day difference. The car shifts a lot smoother and the power is a lot more linear, the car doesn't feel like it is struggling to accelerate anymore.

Only problems I am having are a slight leak in the radiator, a vacuum leak, and my brake pads. I am still debating on whether or not I want to have the mishimoto radiator welded up or not. The vacuum leak I am unsure of. I believe it's either the pcv hose, injector o-ring, or the fire wall bank oxygen sensor. I know the sensor is bad but I don't believe it would cause both banks to read lean? The vacuum leak is minor it is not effecting the deliverablity of the car, the code is off, and on as well. The brake pads will probably be the most expensive replacement. I believe they are $180ish I cannot remember since I have to order through Rotora.
                    Last edited by Code AiR; 02-10-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Sounds great, but I agree it gets annoying fast. Going to be awesome when the s/c is back on. Any plans on LSD install?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Sounds great, but I agree it gets annoying fast. Going to be awesome when the s/c is back on. Any plans on LSD install?
                        Nah not really. They are kind of rare for my car anyways. I can use that money else where.

I am looking at only making 250hp-280hp at the moment. I know the engine can handle more with what all I have done to it. But my goal is to keep it dependabile, and enjoyable to drive on a daily basis. Tuning is going to be the deciding factor on how far I push the engine. If I am going to push it I will need to have the Ecu reflashed and a mapecu for fine tuning.

With that said I am constantly debating on whether I want carbon fiber parts (hatch, hood, ect) or leave the parts alone from a durability stand point.
                        Last edited by Code AiR; 02-12-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Finally switched out the calipers. I decided to go with another brighter color. The RAL color I picked wasn't cutting it. I am missing the BBK kit, but I love this color over the Rotora blue.

Comment

I've always seen these things around my town and never thought they look this good!
                            Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
                              I've always seen these things around my town and never thought they look this good!
                              Hahaha thank you sir! It's crazy how much you can improve the exterior with some minor changes here and there.

Comment

So I have some bad news and good news. The bad news is the tib is totaled. Thanksgiving morning I hit a six point buck. The car was drivable, I actually drove it home. Given the value of a 13 year old Hyundai though that doesn’t go far. I decided to not buy it back. I got eight years and 140,000 miles out of it. The good news though is I bought a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO yesterday. It’s been a blast to drive home for the four and half road trip. I can’t wait for winter to be over so I can lower it and throw some wheels on it. I’ll make another profile for it in a little while.

Comment

Working...
                                X