No announcement yet.

Charged E36 318is build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the engine holds up with the supercharger?
    Overdrive
    BimmerParts

Comment

Originally posted by Codarsnacht View Post
      Great to see the car posted on here Cab!
      I haven't been keeping up with local scene but it's great to see it looking so well.

Have you noticed any difference with the powerflex droplink bushings? I'd love a slight upgrade without having to go all out and fit heim joints.

I'm interested in the stud conversion kit once they become available. Will they be offered in a few different lengths? Must pop out to you some time and have a listen to that supercharger
      Hi mate, nice to see you here. For me I used the Powerflex ARB bushes because my 28mm front Eibach ARB was chewing standard droplink bushes (but no more) being honest with coilovers, poly bushing, thicker arbs and 3 braces it's hard to feel the difference from these now. What I will say is I no longer have an annoying knock after 2 months.

The stud conversions are available now so just drop me an email and I shall send some pictures and prices to you etc. What are you driving this weather?

Originally posted by NathanE-94 View Post
      Seriously high praise dude, your attention to detail is admirable, possibly the best looked after car in Ireland haha!! Hope to see this around sometime!!

Keep up the good work,
      Nath
      Thank you Nathan, I have a lot more details to tend too, the interior is looking very poorly at present and needs addressing soon!. Little by little it's getting there .

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
      Nice job you done on this building of car,i really appreciate you on this because a lot of work to do so much sticky jobs and a lot of days to do and everything will again furnish so its a tough work,i like it so much.

Hi Michael thank you for your kind words and appreciation. Yes lots of work and time but it's all be lots of fun too 😄

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
      Holy shit.
      Lol, hopefully holy shit good

Originally posted by M.Knight View Post
      How does the engine holds up with the supercharger?

Hi Michael, engine seems to be doing very well indeed. There was about 155,000 miles on it when the charger went on and there is now 167,000 on it now with no issues other than a camshaft sensor.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Awesome thread, loving your attention to detail. Keep up the great work
        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
          Awesome thread, loving your attention to detail. Keep up the great work

Thanks Alec, much appreciated 👍

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Super4 View Post
            Hi Michael, engine seems to be doing very well indeed. There was about 155,000 miles on it when the charger went on and there is now 167,000 on it now with no issues other than a camshaft sensor.
            Does it affect the fuel economy that much?
            Overdrive
            BimmerParts

Comment

Originally posted by M.Knight View Post
              Does it affect the fuel economy that much?

Hi Michael, if driven easy I'm getting 30+ mpg which is really great tbh. When planted it absolutely eats fuel 😄😄. Small price to pay for a very lively 4 pot that surprises quite a cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Super4 View Post
                Hi mate, nice to see you here. For me I used the Powerflex ARB bushes because my 28mm front Eibach ARB was chewing standard droplink bushes (but no more) being honest with coilovers, poly bushing, thicker arbs and 3 braces it's hard to feel the difference from these now. What I will say is I no longer have an annoying knock after 2 months.

The stud conversions are available now so just drop me an email and I shall send some pictures and prices to you etc. What are you driving this weather?
                That makes perfect sense. I suppose with it being lower and with a thicker ARB they are going to be under more stress than standard. I have KW variant 2s on mine but standard ARBs which desperately need to be upgraded, so I'll probably do the same as you once that happens.

I'm still driving a 318iS. Going down the clubsport/GT3 RS/BTCC route myself.
                I have a nice set of S52 throttle bodies to go on soon, though I'm always tempted to pursue the forced induction route
                Probably a stupid question but do you ever find the whine of the supercharger getting on your nerves?

I'll shoot you an email re. the wheel studs.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Codarsnacht View Post
                  That makes perfect sense. I suppose with it being lower and with a thicker ARB they are going to be under more stress than standard. I have KW variant 2s on mine but standard ARBs which desperately need to be upgraded, so I'll probably do the same as you once that happens.

I'm still driving a 318iS. Going down the clubsport/GT3 RS/BTCC route myself.

I have a nice set of S52 throttle bodies to go on soon, though I'm always tempted to pursue the forced induction route

Probably a stupid question but do you ever find the whine of the supercharger getting on your nerves?

I'll shoot you an email re. the wheel studs.

The whine from the charger is the best part , but to be honest it only really kicks into effect when you put the boot down and it's on full boost. For normal around town driving you would never know it's boosted.

The charged route is great as is turbo but a good NA build with itb's can also be lots of fun and the 4 pots respond well to it. Like anything really and NA tune is only going to be as expensive depending on how far you want to go with it. Pre manufactured itb kits like dbilas offer are a great plug and play upgrade with a remap and is something that can be done in a small time frame

Hope this helps.

Comment

Was excited about this, but it appears photobucket thinks you're too famous :\
                    Instagram: @itstotesdenny

Just a man with a Canon 5D

Comment

^^^ Can you not see any of the images?? I can?

Comment

Working...
                      X