Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next swap m113k , Ready.... set.... GO!!!! lol Looking good in black dude!
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Damn, I liked the green, but I think back to black was the way to go
      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Creation View Post
        Looks so good in black!
        Thanks man!

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
        next swap m113k , Ready.... set.... GO!!!! lol Looking good in black dude!
        Believe it or not, it's actually been done before. There are a handful of V8 swapped Crossfires on the Crossfire forum. I know of at least one with a m113k swap and also one with the Hemi V8 from a Challenger/300C - I don't recall if it was the R/T or the SRT motor though. Honestly though this car makes more than enough power with the 3.2L s/c V6. I have a Eurocharged ECU/TCU tune, a Needswings single CAI (although I want to upgrade to the dual CAI now that i'm driving around without a grill.....lol) and a custom axle-back and it's plenty fast for my taste. I do however want to eventually finish the exhaust (headers, high-flow cat, mid-pipe), upgrade to a bigger heat exchanger and run a smaller pulley. I should be at 360-370whp with my existing mods - my goal would be something around the 420whp range. But i've had the car less than a year at this point and it's got under 50k miles on it so I have plenty of time to do some more engine work later down the road.

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
        Damn, I liked the green, but I think back to black was the way to go
        After going back to black I am honestly kicking myself for having ever dipped it green. Although my factory paint has definitely seen better days, when it's wash/waxed up nicely it still shines up pretty well.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
          After going back to black I am honestly kicking myself for having ever dipped it green. Although my factory paint has definitely seen better days, when it's wash/waxed up nicely it still shines up pretty well.
          You aint lyin, that front end is straight MEAN in black.

Comment

• Always loved these things and new they had a ton of potential in the right hands. It appear that you, sir, have said hands.

Comment

• I still vote for Ford's tuxedo black. Eventually I think I will paint the m3 that color. I totally would if it wasn't red. Going to black would be a ton of work.

I am building an old 70s Honda "cafe racer" that me and Mitch are working on. We are painting the tank a dark, dark green like you described. I picked Toyota's spruce mica, color code 6v4

In the sun the green really pops but when it's dark or cloudy out it almost looks black.

Comment

• Yeah Tuxedo black is sick, I have a buddy with a TB FoST, it's such a shame how pathetic fords quality control is. The paint looks great but the car is ~3 months old and the paint is flaking to metal all over

Comment

• Thanks everyone. After seeing it back in black I am re-considering my original plan which was to paint it Obsidian Black Metallic (OEM Mercedes Benz color). I am not big on gloss black as it shows scratches/swirl marks/imperfections worse than any other color. I was considering getting away from black altogether to avoid the upkeep but my friends are sway me back to the dark side (pun intended). I am trying to drop the car off for paint by the end of the year so I will need to make up my mind before then....lol.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Thanks everyone. After seeing it back in black I am re-considering my original plan which was to paint it Obsidian Black Metallic (OEM Mercedes Benz color). I am not big on gloss black as it shows scratches/swirl marks/imperfections worse than any other color. I was considering getting away from black altogether to avoid the upkeep but my friends are sway me back to the dark side (pun intended). I am trying to drop the car off for paint by the end of the year so I will need to make up my mind before then....lol.
                    If you wash it properly and use say... Modesta on the car you shouldn't have an issue with swirling and what not. Modesta is a glass coating too btw. Shits so good. I think you should paint it a darker colour tho. Looks way nice in black. Especially with the modifications you've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thom View Post
                      If you wash it properly and use say... Modesta on the car you shouldn't have an issue with swirling and what not. Modesta is a glass coating too btw. Shits so good. I think you should paint it a darker colour tho. Looks way nice in black. Especially with the modifications you've made.
                      In all reality swirl marks are the least of my concern. My paint is pretty well gone. There are scratches, oxidation and early stages of clearcoat failure that even paint correction can't (and didn't) fix. Paint is next up on my list after I get an alignment and delete my resonator.
                      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Well, looks like my plans to paint the car are going to be put on hold for a while. I recently had a CT scan, an MRI and a biopsy performed due to them discovering three "masses" on my adrenal gland. I go Friday morning to discuss the results - fingers crossed that it's benign. Even if it is, i'm sure the medical bills for the 20 or so hours I spent at the hospital this past week + the numerous tests the conducted are going to set me back a pretty penny even with my job's awesome health insurance.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Cars can wait. Fingers crossed for good news.
                          Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

• Saw this a lot down at h2o and loved it!

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                              Cars can wait. Fingers crossed for good news.
                              Absolutely. All mods are on hold until I figure out what's going on inside of me and how much it's going to potentially set me back. Maybe I can butter my parents/girlfriend up a little bit this year and get them to get me some of the smaller misc. parts on my "WTB list" for Christmas/my birthday

Originally posted by e39hamann View Post
                              Saw this a lot down at h2o and loved it!
                              Appreciate it man!
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

In all reality swirl marks are the least of my concern. My paint is pretty well gone. There are scratches, oxidation and early stages of clearcoat failure that even paint correction can't (and didn't) fix. Paint is next up on my list after I get an alignment and delete my resonator.
                                I meant after painting it :P

Sucks about the health issues man.. Hope Its not rediculous money and you make a speedy recovery man.

Comment

Working...
                                X