Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I saw you.

IMG_0983 by Philip Ouweleen, on Flickr
    My Build:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dome View Post
      Still looking good man

Ever thought about blacking out the window frame?
      I just went through all pages and thought the same thing. At first I thought it was just really shiny.

Nice car

Comment

• Originally posted by philohlean View Post
        Hey I saw you.

IMG_0983 by Philip Ouweleen, on Flickr
        Oh hey!

Originally posted by Hayce View Post
        I just went through all pages and thought the same thing. At first I thought it was just really shiny.

Nice car
        It's just one of those things that give Crossfire's their character. To me, blacking out the a-pillar frame is the same as say removing the giant hood scoop from an '04/'05 STI....or shaving the side moldings on an E36 M3. Just won't look right.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• During my weekend in Ocean City for H2Oi I meet up with an old Miata buddy of mine that shoots for United States of Stance for a photoshoot. We originally tried to do the shoot on Saturday, but unfortunately the weather got pretty gnarly so we decided to try again Sunday morning before I headed home. Enjoy!

From the first day we tried to shoot (Saturday)

And the rest from Sunday morning

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Updated original post to include full mod list and got new tags

Last edited by OSSHWA; 10-19-2016, 03:24 PM.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Long time since I looked in here, hah.

I have to say, I love those new wheels. They make it look like a life size hot wheels car!

I'm a bit on the fence about the new aero parts, tho, a bit over the top for me. Preferred the older, simpler ones to be honest.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                Long time since I looked in here, hah.

I have to say, I love those new wheels. They make it look like a life size hot wheels car!

I'm a bit on the fence about the new aero parts, tho, a bit over the top for me. Preferred the older, simpler ones to be honest.
                Appreciate the feedback man! I love the new aero minus the fact that it's a lot less resilient to road debris/rocks My old splitters were made of polyboard and were damn near indestructible. My new lip/side skirt extensions are FRP - I've already ruined my right side skirt basically. It's going back into the bodyshop in a month or so for some winter rehab, lol.
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• The desire for a late 90's Lotus Esprit grows more and more every day. Might end up putting this thing up for sale as early as this time next year. Only time will tell.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• shame after all the effort... but hey. bring on the lotus

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                      shame after all the effort... but hey. bring on the lotus
                      Won't be parting ways with the SRT-6 just yet. I plan to have it at least another year or more. Just got some custom illuminated door-sills in. I'll be installing them soon, and then it's time to tidy the car up over the winter (fixing the side skirt, repainting the front bumper, clear bra, etc.).
                      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• I love this build, but Patiently waiting for the Lotus

Comment

• So it's been a minute since I have been on here and I saw this thread as one of the new ones so I had to check it out. Not a lot has changed, but a lot has changed. The style is vastly different than what I remembered. And now I feel I must share my personal opinions even though their weight is a little less than something that matters on this topic.

Still a badass Crossfire and I still would love to get a chance to build one, even though that will more than likely [more than definitely] never happen. Even though I am very partial to the previous set of wheels (my Tahoe [sold the blue truck] has a similar looking set) the new ones sit just right on this thing. The styles of the wheels and the car match. It just works for some reason.

Still not a fan of the upside down horseshoe on your windshield, but you do you if it brings you luck. lol. Understand the reasoning behind it, don't have to agree with it. High-fives for diverse opinions!

And lastly, I do not condone the use of swoopity bumpity spillters and skirts. Love the style of the original one. I'd like the style of this one if it didn't have those little turn downs on the side. But, once again, my opinion on this issue reaches about as deep as the impact this modification had on my own wallet, which was less than a couple zeros stacked in a row.

Keep it up. If you sell this and pick up a new car, I'll be looking for that build thread to watch the progress. I like the style and the lack of shits given when wanting to try something new.

Comment

• Those wheels are pretty cool, it's pretty sweet to see a unique build like this. Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                              I love this build, but Patiently waiting for the Lotus
                              Spring 2018. Mark your calendars.

Originally posted by blurred View Post
                              So it's been a minute since I have been on here and I saw this thread as one of the new ones so I had to check it out. Not a lot has changed, but a lot has changed. The style is vastly different than what I remembered. And now I feel I must share my personal opinions even though their weight is a little less than something that matters on this topic.

Still a badass Crossfire and I still would love to get a chance to build one, even though that will more than likely [more than definitely] never happen. Even though I am very partial to the previous set of wheels (my Tahoe [sold the blue truck] has a similar looking set) the new ones sit just right on this thing. The styles of the wheels and the car match. It just works for some reason.

Still not a fan of the upside down horseshoe on your windshield, but you do you if it brings you luck. lol. Understand the reasoning behind it, don't have to agree with it. High-fives for diverse opinions!

And lastly, I do not condone the use of swoopity bumpity spillters and skirts. Love the style of the original one. I'd like the style of this one if it didn't have those little turn downs on the side. But, once again, my opinion on this issue reaches about as deep as the impact this modification had on my own wallet, which was less than a couple zeros stacked in a row.

Keep it up. If you sell this and pick up a new car, I'll be looking for that build thread to watch the progress. I like the style and the lack of shits given when wanting to try something new.
                              I appreciate the feedback. This car has a lot of quirky/odd touches to it, so I don't expect everyone to see it the way I do....lol. The old look was cool, but those original front/side splitters were pretty beat and I was ready for change. I actually drew some of my inspiration from @hey_its_nc_jeff on Instagram because he did a custom Rocket Bunny style front lip/sideskirt setup on his NC Miata long before I decided to pursue a similar style for my car. The A-pillars seem to be a love it or **** it type of situation, but like I've mentioned before, I feel that they give Crossfire's character and thus I elected to keep mine silver. I won't be selling it anytime soon - a house and a new daily driver will come before I ever replace this car.
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Illuminated door sills installed, and locked in a date to drop my car off to repair my sideskirt and respray my front bumper. Then I'll be doing a clear bra, along with a resonator/rear cat delete.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                                X