No announcement yet.

Australian Body with an American Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks this would be the smartest thing for me to do as well, as of right now the quest for new wheels continues, that container better hurry up lol
    sigpic
    IG: @gman1227_

Comment

This car is amazing. It makes me appreciate my G8 even more. Keep up the good work!

gman, it's nice to see you on another board!

Comment

Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
        Thanks this would be the smartest thing for me to do as well, as of right now the quest for new wheels continues, that container better hurry up lol
        Tell me about it, I ritually update my tracking info every morning and it doesn't change. Sadpanda

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post
        This car is amazing. It makes me appreciate my G8 even more. Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, Have either of you got a build thread on here?
        My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

Comment

Had a day/night!

Chrome catchcan was gay so Sanded and painted it wrinkle black!

Mounted my catchcan to the strut tower and ran the corresponding hoses to the intake plate and valve cover.

Now where my oil cooler was residing was fouling on the new front bar. Plus with my new intake which pics up air from behind the grille I didn't want the oil cooler blocking it, so I moved it to the lower grille. Also repositioned my power steering cooler at the same time. Had to remove my reo and mount both to it. Nice and simple and sturdy as well

Another thing I did was change my o2 sensors as they hang real low and bash everything and end up all bent lol. You can see by my exhaust is as flat as a pancake, everything under my car cops a beating. Its worn through the flanges that the bolts fell out, Has heap of leaks too, will be getting it fixed as soon as my wheels arrive and I can take it to the shop.

Last edited by DioXidE; 04-05-2014, 09:36 AM.

Comment

That exhaust has gotta be pretty BA to have taken such a beating and still be in the shape it's in.
            Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

sick fucking commo mateeee

nah thats really awesome what you've done with it, makes me want todo more stuff to mine.
              And love that you thrash it so hard on the roads.
              BMW E23 build thread

Comment

My engine bay is 95% complete, Installed my new over the radiator intake. This intake lays the radiator back and has a scoop to pick up air from in behind the grille.

Started to install my rear hubs, Got sidetracked and bored so I'll continue another day...

Got a package in the mail.. New fuel pump as the stock one is maxed at 450hp. Boring

Also I got some supermade bonnet vents! These I am super excited for... Will paint and install them on Sunday hopefully!

On Sunday just gone, myself and a few mates went for a drive, Here's some pics of some Aussie scenery and stuff for y'all

Last edited by DioXidE; 04-08-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post

yup this board keeps me coming back mainly cuz there are like minded people just like this hoon lol

Originally posted by DioXidE View Post
                  Started to install my rear hubs, Got sidetracked and bored so I'll continue another day...

I have replaced my studs in the front before no problem got that, but doing it the rear, different story. How did you complete this, isn't the hub pressed on?
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate, Have either of you got a build thread on here?
                    I don't have one on here for my G8. She's still fairly stock .
                    I have plans for it though, but it's nowhere near as crazy as you or gman .

yup this board keeps me coming back mainly cuz there are like minded people just like this hoon lol
                    Ain't that the truth lol.

Comment

I have replaced my studs in the front before no problem got that, but doing it the rear, different story. How did you complete this, isn't the hub pressed on?
                      haha, who you calling a hoon??

Yeah the rear is pressed in, need a big hammer and a vice

Comment

During the week I had the pleasure of installing my new fuel pump, Went with the DW 265LPH pump as the stock 190LPH has maxxed out. Now whoever designed this car was an absolute f-wit and to replace the pump requires the exhaust, irs cradle and fuel tank to be dropped to get access to and replace the pump.

So I decided to do what any sane person would do and approximate where the fuel pump is and cut a hole....

What have we here?

SUCCESS!

Unplugged the fuel line and power, removed the screw on fitting and removed the fuel pump unit..

Started pulling it all apart an noticed something...

This shits dirtier than a $2 hooker on payday...

New pump in and reassembled.

Comment

Sunday rolled around again and the weather was miserable, We had lots planned so we setup a gazebo in my driveway as a temporary rain shielding device. As usual, everyone decided to come over...

First job of the day was to cut out the vents, as you may remember (scroll up) they weren't cut out from the factory... My mate Jummy works with angle grinders for his crust so I gave him the job as the chief of all things cutting.

Vents all cut out, yes I know they don't match, haha we fixed it up later...

Now we set about marking the bonnet for cutting holes, We measured about eleventybillion times before we decided where we wanted them and set about a plan of attack which involved masking tape....

In Australia we don't believe in rulers, so we make do with what we got...

XXX Gold is one of the many beers manufactured in the Australian state of Queensland by Castlemaine Perkins and is one of Australia's most popular beers.

The fun Part! Hope you all enjoy our 'safety boots'

After both holes were cut, we decided food was in order, Not wanting to be a bad host, I did what anyone would do... Put on a bbq

After lunch we drilled the holes for the mounting bolts and got the vents in primer

Hope to have the vents painted and mounted tomorrow!

Comment

Those vents look similar to this

haha, who you calling a hoon??

Yeah the rear is pressed in, need a big hammer and a vice
                            Humm seems like it could be difficult, any tips?
                            sigpic

Comment

Humm seems like it could be difficult, any tips?
                              Just that, put em in a vice so the studs face down, grab a big socket that fits inside the knuckle and bash away lol

Comment

So, been a while since update. I went away for easter and just been busy working on the car...

WHEELS ARE STILL NOT HERE Ordered Feb 18 and still waiting ((((

So I went to install the adjustable toe arms and it seems as if Holden put the bolts for the toe arms in before the cradle was installed in the car. I went to remove the bolt and its hitting the fuel tank. Had to cut the bolt out and raided my spare irs cradle for the bolt. Put it in the right way... winning!

Just some extra mumbo I picked up for it!

Bonnet vents are on! Yeeeeha! Looks amazing. So in love with how it looks!

Picked up some of these badboys for cheap just to use for drift rims! Okish size... 18x9.5j +22

Spaced them out approx 30mm to see how the new wheels will fit... Holy Mexican. I love this pic, to me looks like a jdm racer haha

Picked up some seats! Lets remove comfortable leather for cloth brides haha

Removal is pretty straightforward...

Modded rails so it keeps all the elctronic height and tilt adjustment etc. Plus mounted lower than factory...

Finished product!

Comment

Working...
                                X