No announcement yet.

Australian Body with an American Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new bar, so glad you didn't go a series 2 HSV one. Saw this at matsuri last year, I'm keen to see how you go with more suspension work, looked like you were struggling a little bit compared to the lighter/shorter wheelbase cars, still killed it though, all things considered.

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

Was struggling due to a dodgy fuel pump, which I only diagnosed just recently. So can't wait to go back out with decent power and not have to short shift at 3k rpms
      My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

Comment

Nice front, what are you gunna do with your old one?
        sigpic
        IG: @gman1227_

Comment

yeah... you should send it to the States for profits!! lol

http://www.mvip.com.au
          clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
            Nice front, what are you gunna do with your old one?
            Its sitting in the shed gathering dust lol. If only freight wasn't a killer

Comment

So a common weekend event is everyone rocks up to my house to work on cars, Not sure if its because I supply beer, or have a wide selection of tools that everyone uses...

Or maybe its because I always put on a big ass bbq feed for everyone...

Anyway so tinted my fig lights with 2 layers of yellow tint and replaced my 8000k hids for 3000k ones

Still waiting for heaps of parts to arrive in the mail.

I'll leave you guys with a pic of the beach thats down the road a bit If im not swinging spanners, Im swimming!

Comment

I love the fact that you managed to fit Holdens, a BBQ, and the beach in one post. #straya

Comment

5 internet points to whoever can spy what's going on here....

Comment

5x114.3 hubs? if thats even possible on these?

Comment

Looks awesome. I always love seeing holden's on here!
                      Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Originally posted by DioXidE View Post
                        So a common weekend event is everyone rocks up to my house to work on cars, Not sure if its because I supply beer, or have a wide selection of tools that everyone uses.....

Or maybe its because I always put on a big ass bbq feed for everyone...

i want to go to there.........

needs moar lows

Comment

So as some of you have seen in that pic above, I now have 5x114 hubs! YAY Which means I can run heaps of different Jap wheels on my car! Normal stud pattern is 5x120 and unlike in Europe cool 5x120 wheels are rare as hens teeth here. Didn't cost me too much, Just had to get my hubs pressed out of the knuckle and then redrilled and new studs installed. Unfortunately one of my wheels bearings is on its way out so its off to the shop on Monday for a new bearing

I also visited the local wrecking yard and got some adjustable toe arms for a sweet deal of $25 each. The 06 model ve commodores where fitted with factory adjustable toe arms and then after that they decided they weren't needed so they fitted non-adjustable types. All I need to do is replace the bushes in these and they'll be mint!

You know what sucks most in the world?

Waiting for parts to arrive.

Wheels - in a container in the ocean. Probably got hit by that missing plane...
                          Bonnet - Sitting in the airport in LA for the past week. No update on the tracking number.

So after being all shitty about waiting for parts to arrive and generally lacking motivation, I decided to go to the beach for a few days, I hope you enjoy!

I miss driving my car

Comment

So as some of you have seen in that pic above, I now have 5x114 hubs!
                            Knew it.... Hope to see many a cool wheel on this bitch!

Comment

So as some of you have seen in that pic above, I now have 5x114 hubs! YAY Which means I can run heaps of different Jap wheels on my car! Normal stud pattern is 5x120 and unlike in Europe cool 5x120 wheels are rare as hens teeth here. Didn't cost me too much, Just had to get my hubs pressed out of the knuckle and then redrilled and new studs installed. Unfortunately one of my wheels bearings is on its way out so its off to the shop on Monday for a new bearing
                              Well this sounds interesting, nicely done changing the bolt pattern. Did you just take them to a shop? Would be interested to know the exact detail since we are kinda have similar chassis lol
                              sigpic
                              IG: @gman1227_

Comment

I took a few pics this morning while putting my front hubs back together for you gman. I should have taken pics while pulling it all apart, but just do it in reverse and you'll be sweet

This is the hub with it the 114 pcd, you can see the 120 pcd studs have been knocked out.

This is the knuckle the hub sits in, the hub is held in by 3 10mm alan key bolts.

When putting it all back together, use some locktite on the bolts

Pretty simple really

Don't forget to plug the abs sensor back in

And complete! Just slide your disc back on (get that drilled to 114 pcd as well) and away you go.

I got my mate who works at a machine shop to do it with a cnc

Comment

Working...
                                X