No announcement yet.

Australian Body with an American Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so fucking cool, new wheels are amazing!!
    BMW E23 build thread

Comment

^This is soooo good!
      1995 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320

Comment

Well done this is certifiably awesome!!! LOVE the new wheels! They were worth the wait!
        Keep up the badass things!
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

soznotsoz about the long post with heaps of pics....

So, Ive been invited to display the car at an event called DS Cinque next Sunday. Which I guess will be the great unveiling for the locals over here to see what I've been up to in the garage... Not much left to do now, but I did get some new goodies!

First and foremost is the wing! Yes I got big wing, I think it looks awesome, if you don't like it you can suck a fat one. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but I love it. I also got a new boot lid to run the big wing on, so I can either run big wing or small boot lip

I also picked up some side skirts off a GTS version of my car (cliffs-notes: GTS is the top spec version featuring different body, engine & running gear and interior options.) These hang lower than mine and also extend flat all the way along instead of kicking up in the rear, hard to explain but they just look cooler

Also grabbed some Takata Harnesses for the seats, Also while installing these I removed my rear seats and got the car engineered for a 2 seater Stock leather seats are heavy as and at the new wheel offset and ride height carrying rear passengers sucks lol.

Today I went to the shop and got my exhaust leaks fixed up and got the car mod plated (engineer certificate). The local laws here are rigged in a way that if a part of your car has changed from factory and you don't have the paper work to show its ADR (Australian Design Rules - aka a big load of bullshit) compliant they police have the power to impound your car on the second offense and third offense they can crush/sell it. So I basically got the whole car looked at by an engineer and he's certified that its safe to drive on the road and I'm not going to kill everyone haha. So with this new paperwork I 'shouldn't' have any hassles with the police.

So onto the pics;

Picked up a pair of 18x10 +12 wheels for drifting on reallllll cheap. Gotta figure out what colour to paint em

The GTS skirts.

The 'wing' bootlid.

BIG WANG testfit.

Marking out & cutting/drilling the mounting holes.

Sanded back the BIG WANG.

Stands mounted.

BIG WANG in primer.

BIG WANG painted and mounted.

Takata Harness.

My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

Comment

frothing the wang!!!!

This thing makes every other modded commie look so pedestrian its not even funny...

dat wang doe!
            Like a glove

Comment

dayum!

I'm digging the wang, but I think it's a bit tall for me. I'd shorten the risers a couple inches. Wheels look great! Wish we got those and the utes over here, do they come with ls engines as well?
              2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Can you put a tonne of camber up front for hyper aggressive, i love this thing. Top commie

in4skidvideos

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

Love the wang, looks badass, that is all.

Paint the drift wheels teal green
                  -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                  '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                  '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Looks killer man! Menacing drift car.
                    Now get sideways!
                    1995 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320

Comment

• LOL love the big wang. I will be going to DS Cinque cant wait too see it in person

Comment

• Fuck yea m8. This is glorious.

Comment

• significant wang
                          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• I see a slippery slope to full blown race car coming....

This car is also making me want to swap stud pattern to 5x114.3, nothing 5x120 commonly pops up thats awesome
                            Last edited by 7075x4130; 06-03-2014, 02:22 AM.
                            BMW E23 build thread

Comment

• What an absolute intense last week. With the Downshift Cinque show being the 'unveiling' of the new cars design it was all hands on deck to get it finished. I wasn't happy with the finish on the wing, so I resprayed it.... twice. Got the harness's in and the back seats out. Was fretting over what I can use in the back to make it neat... Then in my shed I found a boot carpet out of my old 33 skyline and it fit the rear section amazing!

The car was complete! All that was left to do was to apply the sponsor decals and get it detailed and then drive it to the event and show everyone that it's possible to have a cool looking commodore. What an attraction it was! Had so many people giving it praise all day, I was so astonished as to how much the public loved the new look! To hear al;l the positive comments from everyone has made the last 6 months worth while!

Getting a foam bath...

On display... The photographers were allowed to come 2 hours before the public to get photos of call the cars..

This final pics is my fave.... This is the crowd coming to see what all the fuss is about!

My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

Comment

• that sonic hood though
                                so good

Comment

Working...
                                X