No announcement yet.

'65 C10 Shop Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellcrank adapter I built to make the '98 Booster/MC work on my truck. Using a second brake bellcrank behind it, with the pedal cut off. Pay no attention to that other shock bracket, I had a crazy design, which worked, but this is far simpler.

Comment

Got bored and made my 3rd trip to the shop today.

Finished up the driver side.
      New
      -outer floor
      -kick panel
      -lower a pillar
      -inner rocker
      -outer rocker
      -lower door skin

A little grinding in a few spots and some seam sealer and it will be ready for paint. Then I have to do the passenger side :/

Comment

Nice! I just picked up a 65 c10 custom myself.
        And I have a 5.3 motor I am throwing in too when I am done with my e28 build. I will be following this closely!
        [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
        instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

64-66 are by far the best body style I think. 60-63 have the ugly window/doors. 67-72 are way too common.

64-66 SWB's are getting rare.

Comment

Originally posted by w00dst0ck View Post
            64-66 are by far the best body style I think. 60-63 have the ugly window/doors. 67-72 are way too common.

64-66 SWB's are getting rare.
            I agree. I think 65 is the best year
            [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
            instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Get ready to do some rust repair! I love these trucks, but have never seen one that didn't need patched.

I spent a few years looking for the right truck. SWB with original patina, 6 cylinder 3 speed. I probably could have driven several more years on the original drivetrain.

They're always either primered, repainted or LWB lol.
              Last edited by w00dst0ck; 01-02-2015, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Started on the passenger side this morning

Comment

Originally posted by w00dst0ck View Post
                  22x9 Factory GM transport wheels. They're used to transport all the new high end Denali's, Escalades etc to the dealers. Then they put on the premium wheels, send these back where they are supposed to be destroyed.

They're hard to get and pricey ($1,500 core charge). I just happened to run across them brand new for $400 on CL

Put them on my buddies CNC and we drilled out the centers to fit over the stock early C10 hubs. Now that I have 73-87 disc brakes the center bores are too big. I'm going to end up putting some early chevy caps on them.

Each wheel tire weighs roughly 90lb, but they look absolutely killer.
                  Wow that is awesome. I dont care if they weight that much I agree they look sweet

Comment

got some updates on this bad boy?

Comment

Working...
                    X