Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 M535i from Finland - The project that got out of hand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insane amount of work,keep it up
    https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Sprayed the underside and wheel housings with acrylic paint:

I'll still have to paint the sills and few other places with gloss black. After that i can start to bolt parts back to the body!

-Timo
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Some more masking today. Sills and front corners of engine bay need to be painted, gloss black:

Then it was time to f*ck up another already painted part. Idea is to beef up steering box mounting point on the front cross member. Found pics of this on some thread here a while back, took some measurements from the x-member and made a drawing of the part.

The x-member before cutting and the new mount (my friend turned a pair of those on lathe).

Original mount cut from the x-member:

New mount in its place, box in place for alignment:

..and welded:

More tomorrow.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

an incredible work !
          the cars are in best condition here , in South of France ... we don t have this problem of full rust when we restore our cars ... come here for buy a car the next time !
          good luck

Comment

Wow, the amount of work and the dedication in this build is amazing
            Keep the updates coming dude

Comment

Awesome! Love seeing these sorts of builds, you sure where not joking about the amount of rust though!

Comment

Nice work! Following!

Comment

Got a little bit more done saturday and sunday

-cleaned some parts; steering box, powersteering pump, brake main cylinder and booster and few other parts
                  -sandblasted the pulleys, idler arm and motor mount
                  -pressed a new bushing to the idler arm
                  -painted the sills, front corners of engine bay, front cross member, steering box etc.
                  -sprayed some anti corrosion stuff inside rear trailing arms and rear beam.

Few crappy pics (i think my camera has come to the end of its journey)

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Originally posted by bmw for ever... View Post
                    an incredible work !
                    the cars are in best condition here , in South of France ... we don t have this problem of full rust when we restore our cars ... come here for buy a car the next time !
                    good luck
                    Thanks!

Do you have BMW E23's over there? Im seriously thinking of getting one to be my next daily driver..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

It's clear by this that you should never get rid of car solely on the basis of a bit of rust..
                      Nissan car maintenance. Basically fan of imports.

Comment

Had to take a little time out of the build because temperature in the garage dropped below
                        -5celsius (about 23F).

Took off the masking tape, paper and plastic sheet on wednesday and nearly frose my hands..

Today it was only -2celsius inside, so i got to continue the project.
                        Installed the brake and fuel lines on the body, ran out of the brackets so didnt finish the job. I'll order more brackets tomorrow.
                        The brake lines were delivered straight, so had to bend them to match the originals. Came out better than i anticipated. The fuel lines were already bent, badly. Tried to adjust them, but didnt get them to fit as good as the brake lines.

Few pics:

-Timo
                        Last edited by cossie; 01-27-2014, 02:11 AM.

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

the amount of work you're doing on this is incredible. looks fucking awesome

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

I have never seen anyone do such a great job of fixing rust before. Amazing job.
                            Basco

Comment

im excited to see where this goes
                              [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                              instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Sprayed nearly 2 liters of rust proofing stuff (dinitrol) inside sills and frame rails on tuesday.

Bolted few parts on today, the assembly finally begins!

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Working...
                                X