Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 M535i from Finland - The project that got out of hand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the work man!

Comment

jesus.
      Last edited by SamuelWebber; 03-13-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Amazing work.. Can't wait to this this project finished!
        [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
        [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

Shit just got serious. Loving this!

Comment

This is incredible. Well done, sir. While bolting some wheels and coilovers on a car makes most of these stance kids happy, there truly is nothing better then attention to detail on a real restoration job. A+

Comment

This is the best thing ever.
              "If one has not failed at times, then one has not challenged himself."
              -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Your build is mindblowing. The amount of time and effort you've put into your car is staggering compared to what 99% of us do.

I'm thoroughly impressed with your fabrication skills and your attention to detail, as well as making sure everything is done the right way. Keep up the fantastic work, this build is something to watch.
                this. I can't think of a build on here that is better than this, maybe Tink's 2002, but both of these are on a wholly different level.

Also, amateurs usually don't build twin turbo m535's basically from scratch... keep up the amazing work

Comment

So pic, many wow.

Comment

i know this was already put up but i saw the the pictures and made this right away :P

I love the amazing work man!
                    Last edited by MrViicc; 03-14-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• What?

Comment

• Clearly I've been living under a rock, of some sort, as I completely missed this build.

Excellent work, If you truly are a beginner, then I can tell you that you've surpassed that level. I'd say you're more of a craftsman.
                        Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                        Internet high five for you.

Comment

• Thanks y'all!!

Yesterday i dropped the front x-member from the car so i could mount it under engine and check the aligment of the compressor housing on the rear turbo.
                          Started to fabricate wastegate actuator mounts. Original idea to use TD04s BOV block off plates as base didnt work, so i have to weld mounting points for actuator brackets to the compressor housings.

Figured out routes for oil return lines. They'll be more or less horizontal, but i'll try to get atleast a little slope on them.

The rear ABS-sensor mounting brackets need a little modifications to take E34-sensors, so i took them out from the trailing arms. Brackets need to be shortened and the surface where the sensor mounts is a bit different.

Bought a Optima YellowTop battery last week and ordered a tray for it from ebay:

I'll try to get the wheels assembled this weekend, also on the todo-list there are; wastegate actuator mounts/brackets, ABS-sensor bracket modification, sand blast and paint exhaust manifolts and turbine housings..

-Timo
                          Last edited by cossie; 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Awesome work!
                            Can't wait to see this one finished.

Comment

• Shiny new race car parts!

The other wide band A/F-meter is for my other project car.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• The car is back on wheels, first time since last august!!

Had to put the front wheels on backwards, otherwise the wheels would have hit the front struts..

The E34 rear ABS-sensor fitted after modifying the brackets:

Rear axle missing only sway bar and drive shafts:

Upgraded diff mount, all "empty" spots have been filled with rubber:

ABS-unit and front brake pipes on their place:

Fuel system ready at the rear:

A friend and i started to transfer parts from cars original doors to the new doors today. We got three of them pretty much sorted, only few parts were left un-installed.
                                These little tasks take incredible amount of time..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Working...
                                X