No announcement yet.

'Murica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's probably the coolest thing ever.
    I wish I could push motors until they blow up.

Comment

• Holy fuck.

More. Please!

Comment

• my dad had one on a 75 shot with a predator. that thing scared me so this must be insane! love the work
        Viva La Resistance

Comment

• fucking slow clap. that is all. also my pants are now uncomfortable.

Comment

• In for new engine build! That time is badass for a stock bodied, full weight 4x4!!
            BMW E23 build thread

Comment

• Well gents, I'm back. A lot has happened in the past month or two with this Jeep and now you get to hear about it.

As you know, we blew up the stock engine trying to make a follow-up pass to our 10.76. We turned the boost up but unfortunately my dad had to sit in the staging lanes for a good bit and the car was left running and everything got hot. That plus the super high boost just killed the motor.

A couple weeks ago I was finally able to pull the engine and scope out the damage. See for yourself...

Two pistons missing. Where did they go?

...found them.

There were two fist sized holes on either side of the block, two pistons were completely disintegrated and left in the oil pan, and three rods are missing (we have parts of one that they found on the track). So that was cool.

The new engine was then assembled and prepped. It's a 5.7 base bored out to a 6.1 (372 c.i. for you old guys). Fitted with a stock forged crank, fancy rods and pistons, a HAIRY cam, Thitek heads, and half filled for extra cylinder wall rigidity, we hopefully won't trash it so easily.

I got the engine and trans in Thursday of last week and got it all buttoned up Friday night. We fired it that night but ran into a few small issues that we were able to fix that evening. Saturday morning we gave it its first real fire-up. The cam sounds SO GOOD. We revved it a bit to seat the rings and pulled into the next bay for tuning. We have a race in Canada this coming weekend and no time could be lost.

After a short break in procedure we let the motor cool and began power pulls. Fortunately we didn't need to tune much driveability stuff as most of the last tune transferred over rather well.

All together on the dyno

So numbers! With the downpipe corked up, the Jeep made 790whp and 653wtq. We took the cap off the downpipe and made another pull without changing a thing...just to see the actual benefits. The power jumped to 928whp and 753wtq. That's a change of 138whp just from switching to an open downpipe! We were impressed to say the least. These were the first pulls on the fresh motor so we didn't want to go any higher today...we like to sneak up on our power goals. Anyway, everything stayed together, nothing caught on fire or melted, and we still have all eight pistons so I'd say we're good to go. This week will be full of thrashing to get the rest of the bits together for Canada. Wish us luck and thanks for reading all of that! I promise, I'll get more (non cell phone) pictures up soon.

(WCF stands for Weather Correction Factor. That's the number to look at)
              Last edited by M.Doban; 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Those figures.

BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Holy shit

Comment

• I can't even imagine what 927hp would feel like.
                    Good work Micah.

Comment

• Thanks, buddy B)

Here's a full pull with the Jeep and the downpipe uncapped. We detuned it to 850whp as that's all we're going to use for the race this weekend. The thing sounds hairy let me tell you.

Last edited by M.Doban; 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM.

Builds:

Comment

• Holy shit...

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• I can only imagine loading that thing with 4 people on 850whp. Hella pipe work that looks fantastic.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• This was a great read. That thing is awesome. I'm subbed.
                            Do you have any plans to run it on an AWD dyno?
                            1995 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320

Comment

• Thanks, guys!

Originally posted by StayONE View Post
                              This was a great read. That thing is awesome. I'm subbed.
                              Do you have any plans to run it on an AWD dyno?
                              Thanks!

Nope, no plans at all.

Builds:

Comment

• Is there anything you could do on an awd dyno that you couldn't accomplish on a regular 2wd one?

Comment

Working...
                                X