Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
    I have seen this thread here and there for quite some time, I really like the direction you went with it for sure! its looking good! I love the idea of the Makers theme, but I think if you did the wax dip on just one end it would look much better then doing the entire top, just IMO Sub'd
    I have been thinking about it and it is alot more feasible to do it that way it would take such a large container to dip the top.

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
    Mold the wing to the trunk for extra scene points
    Haha maybe we shall see.

Originally posted by lowgto View Post
    Denny get up with me about the wing, I was in contact with the guy that created the originals down in australia, theyre technically "reps" but its the exact same as the jhp ones
    Alright I'll chat with you on fb or something a little later. It's not the JHP wing like Perry has. It was originally a DMS wing and now sarona makes it I think.
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Guys I think I'm going to run positive camber... To run stockers and clear my bags... So I can finally get these wheels sold as I have a few offers for the wheels on the car. Wish me luck

Comment

• Nice, Onto the next set!

Comment

• Were I doing the trunk install with a whiskey theme (and I do love theme builds!), I would be very tempted to buy a polished tank (or two or three!), have it copper plated (or powdercoated with a copper finish), mount it vertically along the back wall of the trunk, and run copper hardlines and mechanical gauges, so you'd have like a copper still back there. The reason I mention this is that I wonder how well the wax idea will "read," especially sideways on a tank and with Plastidip instead of wax. Anyway, just a thought.

I think Mikey G's idea of aged wood and a brand is brilliant.
          Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 12-18-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• The copper plating idea would be awesome, 2 smaller tanks mounted vertically. I think whatever you do it has to be planned and executed properly. Otherwise youre going to have people looking at your trunk setup asking why your tank is all bloody lol.
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Damn that thing is nice!
              Happy amateur!

Comment

• Originally posted by JASOONIGAN View Post
                Nice, Onto the next set!
                yessir, style 5s should be gone in 3 days then hopefully the m-pars will sell.

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                Were I doing the trunk install with a whiskey theme (and I do love theme builds!), I would be very tempted to buy a polished tank (or two or three!), have it copper plated (or powdercoated with a copper finish), mount it vertically along the back wall of the trunk, and run copper hardlines and mechanical gauges, so you'd have like a copper still back there. The reason I mention this is that I wonder how well the wax idea will "read," especially sideways on a tank and with Plastidip instead of wax. Anyway, just a thought.

I think Mikey G's idea of aged wood and a brand is brilliant.
                The numerous tanks seems like a great idea definitely with the copper hard lines. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will use actual wax over plastidip just because the wax isn't too expensive.

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                The copper plating idea would be awesome, 2 smaller tanks mounted vertically. I think whatever you do it has to be planned and executed properly. Otherwise youre going to have people looking at your trunk setup asking why your tank is all bloody lol.
                2 tanks sounds like the simplest option

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                Damn that thing is nice!
                thank you.

Comment

• I found this barrel wood tray on Maker's Mark's website. It is kind of pricey but the size is nearly perfect size to fit in my trunk. I think 2 vertically mounted tanks seems to me like the cleanest look especially with copper hardlines

Comment

• After some looking around this has me somewhat inspired

Comment

• FYI: When you're planning out your hardline setup, I recommend doing compression fittings everywhere you can on the hardlines, rather than PTC. PTC seals just fine to copper, but it allows the line to rotate in the fitting, which means you'll constantly be adjusting the lines to make them look right.
                      Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 12-23-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• not a big update or anything but I got my style 5s sold. I ordered spacers for the stockers to get put back on. Also for xmas my mother bought me a FA5 civic rear visor from ebay and with a little bit of shaving on the edges it fit nicely. It is a hair aggressive for my liking but all and all fits the car well

my brother eyeing up the visor to decide if he wants one:

it was dark and rainy by the time I pulled the car out so here is the car the next morning:

Comment

• I can dig it. How the hell would your mom know to order that and also know that you could modify it to work??lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MercTastic View Post
                            I can dig it. How the hell would your mom know to order that and also know that you could modify it to work??lol
                            Lol my little brother is still in highschool and lives at home and I bounce ideas off of him. He showed her what to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                              Lol my little brother is still in highschool and lives at home and I bounce ideas off of him. He showed her what to buy.
                              Does your little brother own a black GTO with a build thread that started here?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                                Does your little brother own a black GTO with a build thread that started here?
                                Yes he does. I'm just trying to figure out what wheels he is going to put on his car. He goes from wanting bagged with perfect fitment to battle stance and not lowering his coils after winter along solid backs seats, half cage, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X