No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How'd you get the lock free handle trims to fit over the lock cylinders? I have some "prototype" blanking circles that insert into the lock
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
      How'd you get the lock free handle trims to fit over the lock cylinders? I have some "prototype" blanking circles that insert into the lock
      Lots of patience and lots of trimming!

It's actually a Euro thing. Bastien mentioned that his driver side (lhd) actually had a cover over it already with only the passenger one have a hole for the lock.

Comment

• Been following this build for so long, you're so thorough with it it's amazing.

Would love to shoot this thing! I'm starting a gallery tab sort of thing for the website and I'd love to get some shots of this up on it if you're interested? Get some rollers and more of that good stuff haha, I'm sure you and your friends could probably get better photos anyway but i'd love to give it a shot too

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
          Lots of patience and lots of trimming!

It's actually a Euro thing. Bastien mentioned that his driver side (lhd) actually had a cover over it already with only the passenger one have a hole for the lock.
          Can you get me some of these? lol I apologize for not sending you that lock button yet=/
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
            Been following this build for so long, you're so thorough with it it's amazing.

Would love to shoot this thing! I'm starting a gallery tab sort of thing for the website and I'd love to get some shots of this up on it if you're interested? Get some rollers and more of that good stuff haha, I'm sure you and your friends could probably get better photos anyway but i'd love to give it a shot too
            I'm down man. I'm hoping to get it out more this year anyway, so if you're free, just give me a shout if you wanna do something!

Originally posted by Earl View Post
            Can you get me some of these? lol I apologize for not sending you that lock button yet=/
            You can pick them up from the dealer, I'm sure. That's what I did and just modified it. I'm sure I have a spare somewhere if you wanted that? I'm not sure about getting the OEM lock cover, as I didn't know it was an actual piece

Comment

• I picked up a rare "Aero" bumper for the red Touring on Sunday. The condition isn't the best, few cracks and scuffs, but I'm confident I can sort it. I'm going to modify it a little, but more on that when I start.

For those of you that haven't heard of or seen an "Aero" bumper before, it's basically a cross between an SE and M Sport bumper.

Here's what it looks like on my friend Filipe's Touring. Really, really nice Touring.

I made the most of the sun we had to day and sorted a few little bits on the silver Touring. I test fitted the little splitter extension, should work, but we'll see how it goes. Also flipped the top mounts around for more castor to hopefully help stop the front rubbing as much.

I'll get round to sorting the engine bay at some point. Probably when I build an engine for it.

Comment

• Fitted some new kidney grills this morning. Really stoked on how the front end looks with all the new trim fitted. Just need some new clear indicators which I'll order at the end of the month.

Just waiting on my new rear springs and refit the headlining and then it's pretty much ready to go back on the road. So I think I'll get it aligned at the start of April, fit the wheels, adjust the height and then get it re-aligned.

Test fitted a mates R33 GTR wheels to the daily last night too. Might have to get a set.

Comment

• R33 wheels on everything, looks so good, do it

Comment

• I've taken some time off work to head back home to Scotland. I brought a couple of jobs along with me.

The first being the Aero front bumper. I know a few people haven't seen these or know they exist, there's so little info on them that I'm not surprised. So here's a few photographs of it and the condition should anyone like me looking for info on them.

From what I've been told, it's a bumper cover, front and rear. They can be fitted from the factory or at the dealer. They use an early SE bumper. Whilst I was taking it off, I thought how mad it was that a wee German guy was cutting up this bumper to fit this Aero cover all those years a go haha.

My plan for the bumper, because it's in such bad condition, is to fill the middle section of it so I can use an SE plate delete and have one smooth bumper.

My next task was to sort my headlining. You're probably all sick to death reading about the headlinings I have, but the OEM material had fallen away, quite badly. So I ordered some nice new material and re-trimmed it with my father.

Really super chuffed with how it turned out. Considering neither of us really had any previous experience doing it, albeit watching youtube videos the night before, it has come out amazing. Just waiting on some A Pillar's showing up tomorrow to trim.

Earlier today I had my windscreen replaced too, cause it had a lovely big crack up the middle.

Comment

• Nice! Can't wait to see the bumper!

Comment

• What did you use to scuff away the headliner sponge?

Comment

• beautiful stuff man

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                            Nice! Can't wait to see the bumper!
                            Thanks man.

Originally posted by Nixxon View Post
                            What did you use to scuff away the headliner sponge?
                            I found a wire brush to be the most effective.

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                            beautiful stuff man
                            Thanks man.

That's me back to work now. But I managed to get a couple of jobs done before I left, like smoothing the fuel door for the Touring. Probably gonna be another one of those things people miss, but I really like it. Unfortunately I've ran out of Titan Silver paint, so my plan is to get the paint colour matched to the car when it is back in Scotland in July, the last thing I want is the fuel flap to be a bloody different colour to the rest haha.

Just needs a nice skim of filler on each side and it'll work a treat.

Tommy got round to finishing off the Aero bumper for me. I absolutely LOVE how it's turned out. The car just looks so different now, loving it more and more each day.

Here's how it looks on the car

I'm really bloody stoked with it!

Also got a little bit of time to refit my headlining which looks GREAT and time to retrofit these brackets...It's a Touring only thing, so most of you will probably have never seen them, but it allows the load cover to be used and stored when the seats are down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                              Also got a little bit of time to refit my headlining which looks GREAT and time to retrofit these brackets...It's a Touring only thing, so most of you will probably have never seen them, but it allows the load cover to be used and stored when the seats are down.

**** these brackets with a passion...somehow always make it to bruise my legs on those when I get into the back of a friends touring.

Both cars look amazing. really like what you did with the red one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                                **** these brackets with a passion...somehow always make it to bruise my legs on those when I get into the back of a friends touring.

Both cars look amazing. really like what you did with the red one.
                                Haha thanks man.

I'm just waiting for some bits and bobs to arrive for the car then it can hopefully go back on the road very soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X