Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nixxon View Post
    I have a file I put together with parts for parking sensors. I have it from the time I was thinking of installing it on my wife's project car. You can find printscreens enclosed in this post. Although I don't think everything is written, I can't find the wiring harness that leads to the front of the vehicle (maybe in pic 2, with the list of things included in the official upgrade set are).

Please keep in mind that the parts are based on german spec BMW's (with steering wheel on the "correct" side), so some parts may be different. You'll have to check that for yourself.

As for your pic, I assume you'll need a wiring harness from the module to the fusebox and the beeper, or something similar.
    Thanks a lot dude! I've been told I am missing a few little bits that I'll hopefully be able to collect soon.

Got some bits and bobs arrived already to change it up a little for next years look.

Comment

• So I took the Touring to Westside VW show today, close to home and one I'd never been to before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Turned out to be a lovely show, very chilled out and had a great laugh with the usual lot.

Managed to grab a spot in between to great wee E21's.

On the drive home I decided I'd take the car off the road for the rest of the year, since the only show left is Ultimate Stance, I just don't feel like driving it in shitty weather.

I've got a bunch of things I want to do for next year, couple bits of bodywork, better fitment, nicer interior and some other bits and bobs to keep me busy.

Comment

• shame my cars a piece of shit so i couldn't make it down today

any plans for next show season or just gonna keep is as swanky as it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          shame my cars a piece of shit so i couldn't make it down today

any plans for next show season or just gonna keep is as swanky as it is?
          I have a bunch of subtle things I want to do to make it even more swanky. Most of them will hardly be noticeable, but that's what will make the car "mine" I guess.

Comment

• Long been reading your build thread here and on flickr

Here are the BMW instructions for installing Park distance control. It also lists the parts required.

Comment

• nice. very clean.
              Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG
              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Not much to update, I'm home in Scotland for the next two weeks, so I won't be working on the Touring until I am back.

However, I came home with an idea that I pitched to my Dad, it's still very early stages, but I'm hoping it works. But more on that as we progress.

And this is another "what else do I need" for the 18 button OBC conversion? I pinched this lot from a scrapyard about 3 years a go, not really knowing what I needed.

Comment

• looking good as usual mate

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                  Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• One of my favorite e36

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    And this is another "what else do I need" for the 18 button OBC conversion? I pinched this lot from a scrapyard about 3 years a go, not really knowing what I needed.
                    I hope this will help you.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

• Cheers lads!

That's me back down south after a week and a bit in Scotland. Managed to get lots of bits on the Red Touring done, the most noticeable being the paintwork! Which my buddy helped me out with last week. We painted the bonnet, nose cone and some side skirts too. The colour match really isn't far off, so I'm pretty chuffed.

Just need an M Sport front bumper and maybe some clear indicators. Whilst working on the car too, I noticed that most of the dampers are blown, so I'll be ordering some new coilovers next month. Some rear brake lines are cracked, so I'll swap those and I think my front wheel bearings are shot too. Oh, and I just ordered two front tyres.

Who said having a daily was cheap?!

Long time Touring friends came through one night too. It's the first time I'd seen the car in a while and I'm really stoked with how the wheels look on his. So cool to see another Touring in the rear view as well!

Comment

• Great work on the Touring and top-notch photography.

Comment

• Originally posted by trm- View Post
                          Great work on the Touring and top-notch photography.
                          Thanks man.

Still haven't driven it in about 3 weeks, hoping to get it out soon at some point

Comment

• So the red one is getting a m package too? Such a shame i kinda liked the non m look with the black undersides(like my current sedan)
                            Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                            Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

• Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
                              So the red one is getting a m package too? Such a shame i kinda liked the non m look with the black undersides(like my current sedan)
                              Kind of, yeah. Hoping just to pick up a front bumper and leave it at that. Always liked the black and red, but I always felt it looked a bit too 90's haha.

Comment

• reminds me of my old touring

Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                                Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Working...
                                X