No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been waiting to fit new coilovers to this for so long, today was the day! I'd order some BC's with customer rates from Alex at SS Autowerks.

They showed up a few weeks later and I am over the moon with them so far. Build quality is great and the adjustability is going to be extremely useful as well. At the minute, I've literally just thrown them on the car, I'm hoping to get it MOT'd this month, so I need it high enough to get over the speedbumps. The alignment and tyre pressures are all over the place, so it wasn't so great to drive. BUT, considering how stiff the springs are, I'm very impressed.

Installation was a breeze. Everything came off and went on like it should. So good working on a clean car.

Some pics! There's a lot, I'm sorry.

I am so stoked.

Comment

• I would love to be in possesion of your cars

Your photography is amazing too

How did you get your hands on the S|W jumper by the way? Or did you pay the silly price for the shipping

Comment

• Looking good Scott

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
        Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          I would love to be in possesion of your cars

Your photography is amazing too

How did you get your hands on the S|W jumper by the way? Or did you pay the silly price for the shipping
          Thanks dude. Welcome to drive the Red one if you're ever about haha. Yeah, I got the S|W jumper a few years a go. Bought some T shirts and some stickers anyway, so the shipping didn't seem that bad.

Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
          Looking good Scott
          Thanks man. Hopefully on the road soon!

Comment

• Might just have to pop up to Scotland for the sake of driving the Red one haha

I'll just buy a load of S|W stuff in bulk and firm the shipping lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              Might just have to pop up to Scotland for the sake of driving the Red one haha

I'll just buy a load of S|W stuff in bulk and firm the shipping lol
              I'm in Hemel Hempstead now man haha. If you see at Ace (although I've not been a while) lemme know and you could take it out

Comment

• Need to keep a bettet eye out for the Ace Meets, I'm at Kripsy Kreme ones at least twice a month haha the FourInStance guys always host nice stuff

I dont think I'd be able to take it out, my insurance doest cover me to drive other people cars, sad times

Comment

• Another day spent working on the Silver Touring. Good day, but tough.

I replaced the engine mounts on the Red Touring earlier in the week (which sucked) so I was prepared for doing it on the silver one. I figured since I'd done it already, then this would be a breeze, wrong!

Drivers side mount was pretty difficult to get out/in because of the steering column. But eventually got it in.

Passenger side was a nightmare though, it came out super easy because it actually split in half, but the metal insert had managed to seize itself to the engine mount on the car. Causing hours of head scratching and stress. But I got it off in the end and the new mount is in. Glad to have done it myself.

New mount is a few mm's higher, which is good for not smashing the sump!

I added a couple of washers to raise it another few mm.

The split mount. I forgot these were filled with oil and turned it upside down when I was taking it out, what a lovely mess!

Seized metal insert!

Both mounts finally out.

Got the car back on the ground.

Comment

• I had another day to play around on the Touring. I had big job list that I wanted to get through, but as usual, the car fought back! First job was the rear ABS sensors, the car is showing the ABS warning light and since I've already replaced the fronts, I figured I'd spend half an hour replacing the rears.

What could go wrong?

Let me tell you.

The blot. The stupid bloody allen bolt. It had rounded off before I even put an allen key anywhere near it. Which left me pretty stumped on how to get it out, I tried smashing a torx in there, a screwdriver, vice grips. I even went to B&Q and paid £15 for a massive hammer! In the end, I did what I should have done at the start, smash a socket over the top....which done the trick! Although, I'm going to have to drill out the actual sensor part, as that's stuck in there.

Here's the offending bolt.

Now after starting and not being able to complete that job (need to borrow a drill from work) I thought I'd cheer myself up by doing something else. I added the little camber spacers or shims that BC provided with the coilovers. Easy job that only took about 30 mins or so (Like it should!)

I then re-mounted my radiator which had moved when I was doing the engine mounts. I also went ahead and "De-lensed" the headlights. It's pretty difficult to notice, but all I done was remove the glass covering the projector.

De-lensed

Lensed

(I've got an M3 lip and new number plate blank on the way from BMW)

I'll be finishing the ABS sensors this week hopefully, then I have another list to work through!

Oh, and I almost forgot, my flush fit vales came through during the week for the Throwing Stars. I'll get some tyres next month!

Comment

• Insane, m8! What filter you`re using on your pics? Looks beautiful!

Comment

• This is favourite e36 touring at the moment. So clean and OEM+ looking.
                        IG: @sebastienaudeon
                        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                        *pats Sebs head*
                        there there.
                        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by GytisD View Post
                          Insane, m8! What filter you`re using on your pics? Looks beautiful!
                          Not sure man, one on VSCOcam haha

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                          This is favourite e36 touring at the moment. So clean and OEM+ looking.
                          Thanks man! Hopefully I'll be able to have a good weekends work on it!

Comment

• Didn't get as much as I wanted to do on the car this weekend, pretty bummed because I took today off to smash through some jobs, but the weather has been pretty bad all weekend! I didn't want to take the car out the garage, get it soaking wet and then have to put the cover back on etc.

Fitted the new ABS sensors on the rear, which I was hoping cure my dash warning lights, but it didn't. So I'm going to swap the relays out and see if that fixes it.

Need to replace these relays.

Also got some new parts from BMW. New M3 front lip, number plate blank and a host of nuts and bolts to replace the rusty stuff. I've been given a quote to have the front lip painted, so I might do that when I get paid.

So today, again I didn't get much done at all. But I decided to have a play around with the Style 32's, since the tyres are the same as the ones I want to use. So I chucked some slip on spacers to create the offset of the Throwing Stars. This is how they will fit without any spacers on the Throwing Stars.

Pretty happy with how they could potentially fit! I need to set the suspension up still, so it will come down another good few cm's, I'll probably end up putting a 5mm spacer on there or something.

Comment

• Coming together well=) What is the abs light issue you have? My coupe currently has the ABS and ASC lights come on and stay on randomly during drives on occasion and it is annoying
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                                Coming together well=) What is the abs light issue you have? My coupe currently has the ABS and ASC lights come on and stay on randomly during drives on occasion and it is annoying
                                That is my current problem. My ABS and TCS are always on, which is an automatic fail for the car during its MOT - (roadworthy test).

I have replaced the front ABS sensors a while a go and have just since replaced the rears. However my lights are still on. I'm going to try and have a friend look at the car this week, narrow the problem down a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X