Comment

make new brackets so the gas door opens the other way, as in backwards

Comment

Maaaan what a killer build!!

http://www.mvip.com.au
        clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by AFTRBNG View Post
          This is a good idea^

My suggestion was going to be modify the neck to run to the trunk, so you could keep the stock tank and such but have a clean, unobstructed fender.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by 02wrx801 View Post
            I would maybe just change it all up and do a fuel cell... It would save you loads of trouble honestly.
            Originally posted by AFTRBNG View Post

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
            My suggestion was going to be modify the neck to run to the trunk, so you could keep the stock tank and such but have a clean, unobstructed fender.
            Thanks guys. I would prefer not to do a fuel cell if I didn't have to.
            The rear bracket is a good idea, but I feel like I would run into one or two problems. The gas door release is on the back side of the fender, so the hinge would be there too, meaning I would have no way to open they door.

Having a clean fender is IDEAL, but my gas tank filler neck is incased in this metal box, and I fear that I would have to cut it out, and I don't want to cut something I shouldn't. I need to get a better look at the inside of the gas tank, but it might not be easy to do.:/
            Originally posted by electricalbox
            12 inches of goodness!

Comment

i have an idea of what could be done to the gas tank door.

i assume you are no stranger to molding and little bit of mods. you can simply mold a door that flows with the body lines, then cut the latch and reverse it to either

A) to the top of the door or
              B) to the left side of the door.

Granted you wont have a lock anymore but it should make for a much much nicer flow of the rear lines...

Comment

You could take it back to the 90's and re-route your filler neck behind the tail light and hinge it to open. Then you could just have a smooth fender.
                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Shoulda followed that body line on the rear. Now it looks off.

Also shave those front fenders, I've always ***** those ugly side markers in the fenders.
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

mount the gas flap from the top is your best bet its looking like.

Comment

I LOVE that you're taking inspiration from vip cars and that you are doing a radius that extends to the doors. Awesome work for sure. Should look pretty mean when it's done. I would've done the flares differently but you're too deep for me to give you advice so carry on! haha I almost wish you just kept stock fenders with a massive radius and 19s though or a more "squared off" flare as seen on practically all wide vip cars which adds to the sleekness you're referring to. Consider taking it static as the shape of your fenders should allow quite a bit of wheel travel, a disadvantage of flares that aren't as bubbly or don't have vertical lip, so something to take advantage of. Just my $.02. keep it up!

IG: @_olliee

Comment

This shit is so dope. I want to come see it in person one day

Comment

+1 on what Ollie said.
                          Also have you consider changing the color of the car once your done? I think it will help the body lines more than being all white. Nice progress, interested in seeing how it turns out.

Team ELITE
                          '02 Porsche 996

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                            I LOVE that you're taking inspiration from vip cars and that you are doing a radius that extends to the doors. Awesome work for sure. Should look pretty mean when it's done. I would've done the flares differently but you're too deep for me to give you advice so carry on! haha I almost wish you just kept stock fenders with a massive radius and 19s though or a more "squared off" flare as seen on practically all wide vip cars which adds to the sleekness you're referring to. Consider taking it static as the shape of your fenders should allow quite a bit of wheel travel, a disadvantage of flares that aren't as bubbly or don't have vertical lip, so something to take advantage of. Just my $.02. keep it up!
                            Thanks man, I get exactly what you mean about the squared off flares. This is my first attempt at anything of this magnitude, so I don't expect it to be perfect or an exact representation. lol
                            I would love to go back static, as that would make it even more authentic- but the inner rear fenders have very, very little room. I had to cut it just for it to air out properly.

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                            Shoulda followed that body line on the rear. Now it looks off.

Also shave those front fenders, I've always ***** those ugly side markers in the fenders.
                            Yeah, I see what you mean. Before it's all said and done, I might try to fix that.
                            I would shave the fender lines, but I shaved the front bumper vents/sides, and I think it would look too vacant. I'm not a fan of them either, but until I can make sure it won't look too plain, they have to stay.

Originally posted by Justin821 View Post
                            +1 on what Ollie said.
                            Also have you consider changing the color of the car once your done? I think it will help the body lines more than being all white. Nice progress, interested in seeing how it turns out.
                            The car will not be white, that's for sure. I'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out wheel color. Again, I want to do something Japanese style VIP, but it's so hard to pick a color scheme.

So, colored lips or keep the polish? lol
                            Last edited by Strawhat; 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM.
                            Originally posted by electricalbox
                            12 inches of goodness!

Comment

i see people take the door out and just shave the inside clean. also great damn work
                              Last edited by knowledge; 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawhat View Post

So, colored lips or keep the polish? lol
                                Color matched lips....would....be....amazing.
                                Color recommendation: Toyota Quicksand
                                "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

Working...
                                X