No announcement yet.

Wider than it is Long: A build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving this build. I'm from Greenville too actually.
    tumblr
    flickr
    instagram

Comment

I guess I imagined a widebody STi more like this:

Although, kind of foolish of me to ask considering I'm not HUGE on body modifications. I can definitely appreciate the work and dedication, though!
      W108 - LSx hitting a lick | '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Comment

i bet those front fenders weight a metric fucking ton.... have you thought about splashing them?

otherwise car is tits. can't wait to see it painted and rolling

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

Me gusta. Keep on!
          Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
          Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Amazing work, One thing im trying to get is the front fender edge, it looks as if its angled in towards the wheel? or is that just the picture?

Comment

I must say, I have never been a fan of the bug eye imprezas, but with big, bubble arches like this I think it's going to look amazing!

I can't wait to see more updates on this thing, it's going to be sweet. Looking forward to seeing what wheels you get too

Comment

might just be me but I feel like the front fenders need to be pulled a bit since it seems to be angling inward at the moment

Comment

Great job dude, any update?
                  STANCE | WORKS Celica 1974

Comment

Greenville in the house! Ya'll need to come to Quaker or something some nights!
                    And Mikey, I did the fronts first, so that pic is old, I just forgot to post it.

Originally posted by juntsky View Post
                    might just be me but I feel like the front fenders need to be pulled a bit since it seems to be angling inward at the moment
                    They are angled in. That was a side effect of using the Jetta fenders. I don't mind it, but we'll see how it looks with the wheels on the car.

Originally posted by Counteract View Post
                    I must say, I have never been a fan of the bug eye imprezas, but with big, bubble arches like this I think it's going to look amazing!

I can't wait to see more updates on this thing, it's going to be sweet. Looking forward to seeing what wheels you get too
                    Thanks man! I think my car is round enough to pull the fenders off, even if the fenders themselves are square.

Originally posted by catnip View Post
                    I guess I imagined a widebody STi more like this:

Although, kind of foolish of me to ask considering I'm not HUGE on body modifications. I can definitely appreciate the work and dedication, though!
                    Hahah I may have picked two particularly ricey/ugly ones to get my point across, but even so, I personally am just not a fan of the bulkiness that square fenders add. To each his own though, that's the fun of personalization!

Originally posted by pejsa View Post
                    i bet those front fenders weight a metric fucking ton.... have you thought about splashing them?

otherwise car is tits. can't wait to see it painted and rolling
                    I am not familiar with the term "splashing".
                    But they are probably heavier than stock! lol They're not unbelievable tho, and they're super solid, no flex hardly at all. Which may or may not be so good for driving low.
                    Originally posted by electricalbox
                    12 inches of goodness!

Comment

I went to Quaker one time. It was when that big fight broke out and all the cops came through, haven't been since then lol

Comment

At first i realized it was a subaru and im not a big fan of them and ive seen alot of subie build threads so i was like:

Then i saw the stance you had and i was like:

Then i saw your fender choice and then:

Then i saw you finished the fenders:

Then i didnt get to see the finish product yet cause you havent finished and i was like "no..please finish"

Then you pissed me off cause you didnt finish and i was like:

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

^^^ Epic post
                          @Instagram: derrick_michel

:: Derrick

Comment

Originally posted by Drock30 View Post
                            ^^^ Epic post
                            hahaha dude, its an epic build

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Hahahah thanks man, that post definitely made my day!

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                              I went to Quaker one time. It was when that big fight broke out and all the cops came through, haven't been since then lol
                              Yeah, that sounds about right for Quaker.
                              There's a lot or rice there, and a lot of rednecks, but it's kinda the only place to hang.

Sorry for the lack of updates.
                              I built up for like 2 months to get enough stuff to post.
                              The wheels should be here soon, and I'm working on the bumpers tomorrow and the rest of this week.
                              Originally posted by electricalbox
                              12 inches of goodness!

Comment

I agree. Maybe we can start hanging somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X