No announcement yet.

Something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some work equips that need new lips! 5x114.3 17". All hardware but lips and center caps! Located far away in Regina hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by FER86GTI View Post
      Any updates for this? and what exactly are your plans for this? you should boost it haha.
      Nothing ground breaking in the way of updates, got a new cluster with a functioning temp gauge, and managed to find a non sunroof overhead console case. Brackets are being mocked up for the Recaro install as well.

I have contemplated boost, but the factory trans can't really handle anything above 300 crank HP, And being factory rated at 253hp before what I have done, It would be very costly to safely run maybe 3psi and have a lot of excess weight. There was one intrepid that ran a single turbo on his 3.5 HO, from what I read on the forums he pushed like 5 psi on a daily basis and he gave up on the car after his 15th transmission over the course of 3 months.

Not saying boost is completely off the table tho, Porsche uses a very similar idea when it comes to engine / transmission layout. Both are transversely mounted, and it has been talked about on the intrepid forums, but the thought of paying for a porsche transmission is usually the point most walk away, but I really like the idea of having a manual transmission. That idea may come later as it would require a full rewire and a stand alone, so boosting would make the most sense to do after that.

Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
      I have some work equips that need new lips! 5x114.3 17". All hardware but lips and center caps! Located far away in Regina hahaha
      I seen those!! I had contacted you about them for my GF's koup lol I am thinking I want to stay with 18's and go wide.

Looking at these:

In a mild 18x10.5 et15

And really starting to consider a custom air set-up. But to be a low static intrepid on coil overs would be cool too, either way, be one of the first if not only low low intrepids

Since there isn't much in the way of 'on-the-shelf' parts, everything is a look it over 1000 times and try to figure out a way to make it work. Once the weather warms up I want to hit up Buck's in Saskatoon and maybe walk thru Amigo's as well and see what I can find that I could make work.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So progress is slow atm.

Car is seeing daily usage because my truck needs serious work (cv axles, shock, ball joints and possibly an engine) and I am soon changing jobs to a job that will pay me double what I take home now. As soon as I can afford more parts I will be making a few more upgrades

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Have you checked out Cosmis Racing wheels?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• I do like the look and idea of having 18x11's on an intrepid

Volo In Timore

Comment

• this looks amazing, your photo to me anyways looks like a front end for a camaro
              08 Sentra slow build

Comment

• NOW you're talking! yep only 1288 shipped

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by baggedb16sentra View Post
                  this looks amazing, your photo to me anyways looks like a front end for a camaro
                  Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                  NOW you're talking! yep only 1288 shipped
                  Thanks! As money starts coming in, I will definitely be looking into running wide and low. Going to try my hand at making a set of coilovers from an old set of struts, and if it works out I can always buy new struts to have 'some' ride comfort lol

Just a question of tires. Not sure I want stretch, but to be wide, low and meaty would look cool on a big old grandpa car lol

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Hmm.. I like the look of the 265/35 stretch. Still meaty looking, bit of stretch, probably be fine for long journey drives

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Dang, I read through this whole thread hoping you'd have it lowered by now. I do like that you've got an unpopular car, please don't give up on this!
                      on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

• It is lowered on the only aftermarket available lowering springs lol, did drop it 1 and a quarter inch. Has settled a bit since the last pics but the weather hasn't been to friendly (Canada re: still winter till July at this rate) so getting better pics is still on the to do list.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So, I attended a pretty big meet the other day, car was utterly ignored but that's cool.

Any ways, picked up a set of 25mm spacers to throw on the rear.

Went from this

To this

Now I can't wait to pick up new rims and the set up should look square after some flares!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So looks like this winter when I can afford it a local guy will be fabbing me up a set of coilovers.

Wondering if anyone can recommend any cheaper brands to look at tho. The plan is to purchase a set that will work the fabricate the mounts to make them work.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Been a while since I was here last.

Coil overs didn't happen, but I did a thing...

Welds are mediocre I know, plan is to change that piece later when we finish modifying the intercooler

Volo In Timore

Comment

Working...
                              X