No announcement yet.

Chase's 73' Merc w108 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front is looking good, but what's the purpose of the fibreglass, is it just to fill in the bodywork or do you plan on making a mould of the front end. Seems like a skim of filler would do the trick...
    Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• Originally posted by A4crn View Post
      The front is looking good, but what's the purpose of the fibreglass, is it just to fill in the bodywork or do you plan on making a mould of the front end. Seems like a skim of filler would do the trick...
      I decided to do fiberglass because it's more waterproof and flexible.

I finally started shaping the fiberglass. It's been a lot of fun seeing it transform into what I was picturing.

This was the first day that really dedicated to sanding. Mostly shaping with the sander still.

I also did some more work on the rear. I made a little shield for the dust out of PVC and some thick plastic to catch most of the dust I was creating.

Then came the hand sanding. I'm getting pretty close to being done with the passenger side and still have a lot to do on the driver. Next it will be onto the glaze filler. Can't wait!

I got the itch to play with the steamer on the engine bay to see how well it worked. This is only about 10 minutes worth of cleaning. It works sososo good.

The next few weeks should be pretty exciting! Stay tuned!

Comment

• I'm getting super jelly! Looks good man, can't wait to see the next posts!

Comment

• this thread is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S...your skill set is amazing, love the build, can't wait to see what those 17's are and what this thing looks like finished, what color are you going with for the exterior now?

Comment

• hello,
            have you installed the airride already?
            I also have a w108 and I'm on the search for a good manufacturer that builds the brackets.

regards
            1967 Mercedes S-Class W108 / 2011 vw CC R-Line

Comment

• hats off to you, you have really went to town on this. read it al last night and you are doing a cracking job. cant wait to see the progress

Comment

• I'm not sure how I feel about the front...but I'm going to hold off on my decision until it's finished.

Brilliant work though

Comment

• making progress ! looking good
                  C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Love how its coming along. One question. How are you keeping or going to keep your dimensions on the front (each side) the same? using a made template, or just running it by eye/feel.

Comment

• Hey boss, I'm loving the metal work. Maybe I missed it but how do you plan to get the fenders/valence off? Is it gonna be a one piece frontend?

Comment

• I have to say that I wasn't quite sure about that front end at first but now after loads of work and effort you've put into it, it starts to look great! Keep the updates coming, can't wait to see more.
                        Last edited by Jazka_; 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• i have had the pleasure of watching this thing take shape in front of me and the pictures really don't do it much justice. it completely changes the mood of the car to something much more mean and aggressive.
                          That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

• any updates yet?

Comment

• It's been a minute. Been very busy, and distracted by too many other fun projects. A look at what I've been working on.

Helped my buddy Mike get his Avant sitting pretty.

Playing with my M3.

Other random projects.

And finally got back to my Benz this past weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by don-FJ6H View Post
                                hello,
                                have you installed the airride already?
                                I also have a w108 and I'm on the search for a good manufacturer that builds the brackets.

regards
                                I'm having air ride installed in my W108 right now (I'm here lurking around) - my mechanic made some cheap ones that work quite well, he may be able to do the same for you if you're installing in a similar way. Give him a call:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X