sigpic

Comment

• Can't complain for $595. lol
        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
          Thank you sir=) They're one of my all time favorites too.
          Aaaaaand I made you buy them
          @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post
            Aaaaaand I made you buy them
            Thank you very much for that Kitty=) Best German right here people^

I was shooting to paint all of my rear subframe parts Saturday....but had too many shenanigans and just ended up cleaning things when I actually did work. Parts will be painted this Saturday....Hopefully=)

I did however finally finish my headlights. I wanted to mimic E30 Hella smoked headlights, but with an e36. I have never seen crosshairs in e36 lights so I figured I would give it a shot. Here are before and afters of the lights straight off the car to being finished.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

It was hard capturing the crosshair. I need to get white bulbs instead of the stupid blue ones that they come with.

I also got a fancy package Friday.

I now have all four disassembled and cleaned. The faces are being shipped today to get powdercoated=)

Splish Splash Breytons takin' a bath=)

That is all for now=)
            Last edited by Earl; 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM.
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Holy crap, how did you get the headlights THAT clean??

I think we need some assistance in cleaning the engine area when getting the Coupe back
              @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post
                Holy crap, how did you get the headlights THAT clean??

I think we need some assistance in cleaning the engine area when getting the Coupe back
                If you pay for my flight I would love to help Faces shipped off for powder. Hopefully the lips came as the faces arrive so I can just sit and stare at the wheels.
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Digging that headlight treatment man, great job!
                  Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by indiejack View Post
                    Digging that headlight treatment man, great job!
                    Thank you bud=)

I did some small things yesterday.

First, I ordered my tires. I opted for Hankook HR2's. I see that they have a pretty soft sidewall so they should stretch easily. I'm going for 205/40's in the front and 215/40's out back. I got them for $350 shipped to my door.

I also found out that the lips are in stock and I am placing my order asap. These wheels will be together way faster than I had thought.

I've been contemplating making a set of all red tails. I then remembered that I am getting a NOS set of amber tails. I figured since my current tails have some minor spider cracking, why not hit them with some model paint? So I did. I used Testors 1605 Candy Apple Red paint with Testors clear. They turned out really well. I just need to wetsand and buff them.

Started off by masking them off:

I then layed a nice even coat of red. Somehow it only took me one coat to achieve the color that I needed, and I had no runs.

I removed the tape on this one to ensure that it matched well. I also wanted to compare a before and after.

It looks slightly off in the pictures due to it being a more matte finish at the moment, and I couldn't get a heads on shot.

I then taped up the second light to be able to shoot color and clear right after one another.

Then I just buried them in clear with a heavy coat. I wanted to put enough on to make a nice thick layer, but have no runs. It worked out really well.

I'm going to let them dry for a day or two, and then do the wet sanding and buffing.

Hopefully I'll get something done at the shop tonight too. I can't think of much to do without a wire wheels for the bay, and any of my rear subframe or paint. haha I'll update again tomorrow.
                    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I didn't go out to the shop yesterday because I couldn't figure out what I would do. I instead went home and finished the headlights. I also got the tail lights almost finished. They just need to be wet sanded and buffed=) I didn't get any pictures of the other head light finished, but I did get a picture of the tail lights.

Updates will follow Saturday.
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Keen to see how they look on the car. Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by HuH View Post
                          Keen to see how they look on the car. Nice work!
                          Thank you=) Me too. I plan to have these, my set of NOS stock lights, and I may find another to make all amber on top (tinting the reverse portion amber).

Side note: The faces arrive at the powder coaters today and I should also be ordering the lips. My tires also ship today. I cannot wait to MAKE the wheels fit. 17x10 et8 in the rear will be a fun time
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• those tails turned out great man!
                            Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• Originally posted by DinanDave View Post
                              those tails turned out great man!
                              Thank you. They came out a little dull so the wet sanding and buffing will make them look great=)
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• You have made impressive progress. Looking good.
                                Instagram j_rantala

Comment

Working...
                                X