No announcement yet.

The 3.6L e30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yum. Super Yummy! Once I get mine all setup we have to take some photos!

Comment

Wow. Just wow. If I ever manage to get my hands on an e30 project, I'm deffo following your lead with the 5-spoke wheels. Looks amazing!

sigpic
      Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
      • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

We're gonna need another video

put put put put putp utp ut puttputputputputputput

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
        ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Originally posted by EThirtySicks View Post
          We're gonna need another video

put put put put putp utp ut puttputputputputputput
          This
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

that this is definitely going to sound so mean with a nice throaty exhaust setup, keep up the good work

Comment

Forgot to update this thread but the car is finally finished, except for the megasquirt. I actually finished it a couple weeks earlier but I had a caliper come off and blow a hole in one of my Azevs. Got that all taken care of, changed it up with 225/45s instead of the 215/40s, and here is the car as it sits today:

Comment

Oh and here are a few short, lowish RPM clips. Some better stuff coming soon.

1988 325is with m30 out of an e34 535i. Testing the sound of a new magnaflow muffler.

Comment

Sweet! How's that thing feel in the e30?

Stanceworks e30 m30 5 spoke club?

Comment

how costly did you find this motor swap? does it pull harder than an m/s 52 swap? are you still using the m20's getrag?

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

also hows the cooling system hold up?

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                        how costly did you find this motor swap? does it pull harder than an m/s 52 swap? are you still using the m20's getrag?
                        We can find out soon. I am guessing close to M52 OBD1 but not as quick as an OBD1 S50/S52. Prolly quicker than an M50 E30.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                          Sweet! How's that thing feel in the e30?

Stanceworks e30 m30 5 spoke club?
                          It feels great, love the torque and it's a lot of fun around town with the 3.73

haha member #2!

also hows the cooling system hold up?
                          I'd say harder than m5x but not as hard as s5x, yet, I don't know what will happen when its tuned. Nope, m30 260/6. Cooling system is fine, those issues are a myth. I can see how people would have trouble bleeding the thing though, I had some tricky bubbles trapped back at the heater core.

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                          We can find out soon. I am guessing close to M52 OBD1 but not as quick as an OBD1 S50/S52. Prolly quicker than an M50 E30.
                          It puts down 200/212 right now, with absolutely zero tuning. My friends car with a 9.5:1 cr and 90mm crank put down 230/250 to the wheels running autotronic SM2. Mine is an 86mm crank an 10.5:1 cr, so we'll see what it does with the megasquirt. But I'm guessing it'll be right around what a bolt on s5x would do, mid 220's but with more torque

Comment

Working...
                          X