Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puma's Project Daily - Now with real pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puma's Project Daily - Now with real pictures!

Since I almost got banned for not posting real pics last time, here's a bunch this time! Please excuse the photography - I'm still learning...

I just picked up this beauty on Monday. 1987 535is (E28) with some M-Tech bits. The interior is a bit rough, but it's nothing I can't fix. Runs like a champ, although I need to get the clutch bled ASAP as it's currently sitting incapacitated in the same spot the pix were taken (made it home, then decided it wanted to become a giant paperweight). Once it's going though, it's gonna be my daily as the MINI is going under the knife for some serious work soon. Plans are to bag it in a year or two, as well as get some 3 piece 5 spokes in stupid wide, low offset sizes to tuck up under the wells.

Anyways, hope you like it! Enjoy!

sigpic
    Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
    • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Damn that interior is rough, looks like previous owner made sure they kept the outside perfect, and then taped razorblades to their ass everytime they sat in it. Looks great though, good car to work off of.
    2003 Acura TL Type-S

Comment

nice! clean e28....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks Fails View Post
        Damn that interior is rough, looks like previous owner made sure they kept the outside perfect, and then taped razorblades to their ass everytime they sat in it. Looks great though, good car to work off of.

6spd?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

That exterior is beautiful, is that original paint?

Comment

5 speed, and I believe it is the original paint. It needs some work, but hopefully I can get it looking decent with just my hand-applied polishes and such. I'm in the process of trying to find a replacement seat and bench, but it's a slow going process.

sigpic

Comment

I'm in love. VERY clean looking exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by Puma View Post
                5 speed, and I believe it is the original paint. It needs some work, but hopefully I can get it looking decent with just my hand-applied polishes and such. I'm in the process of trying to find a replacement seat and bench, but it's a slow going process.
                Let me know if I can assist with my buffers/polishes What are you trying to accomplish? Just getting rid of some spider webs and oxidation here and there?

you're just lookin for a replacement seats and a rear bench? I can call up this junkyard by me that might have some.

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Comment

looks great man. every time i see an e28, i want one more and more
                  -George
                  flickr

Comment

Thanks again gents. Jake - I'll deffo take you up on that offer if you wanna help out. I have a buddy that is willing to help me redo the seats with new material instead of buying all new seats and benches, but it's not finalized yet.

sigpic

Comment

I thought I recognized your username, haha!

Congrats on finding a clean car, and get on that front bumper!

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

my friend was lookin into buying one of these bad boys
                        looks great bro

Comment

lol at 6 speed knob.
                          Looks good man!
                          Christof Goulart
                          FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Exterior is clean, nice car

Comment

Yeah - previous owner liked the weight of the knob so he kept it. Unfortunately this car has been sold to my ex-gf. I'll probably buy it back in a few years though. It was too short lived...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X