No announcement yet.

The 3.6L e30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, I love it and the way your M30 sounds!

Better get some vids when its done

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
      My engine is mounted pretty far back, but i already have an e28 radiator so I'll probably just stick with that. I guess my only choice is to run the e30 tank, have you had any problems bleeding the system with it?
      Nah everyone complains about bleeding m30's but I've never had a problem.

My steps:
      Raise the front of the car up so it looks like its doing a wheelie, fill the system with the bleeder screw out until coolant overflows the, uh, overflow or until it comes out the bleeder. Run it with the bleeder closed until it gets up to temp then shut it off and open the bleeder. Rinse and repeat . Squeeze the top hose while doing this too.

With the e30 tank, it helps to unhook it from the fender and raise it as high as you can because the e34 heater core lines and the bleeder have higher points in them than the m20 system did.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
        Nah everyone complains about bleeding m30's but I've never had a problem.

My steps:
        Raise the front of the car up so it looks like its doing a wheelie, fill the system with the bleeder screw out until coolant overflows the, uh, overflow or until it comes out the bleeder. Run it with the bleeder closed until it gets up to temp then shut it off and open the bleeder. Rinse and repeat . Squeeze the top hose while doing this too.

With the e30 tank, it helps to unhook it from the fender and raise it as high as you can because the e34 heater core lines and the bleeder have higher points in them than the m20 system did.
        Thanks man, I'll definitely give that a try. My temp sender or guage is on the fritz, so the bleeding issues I've heard about definitely worried me with the e30 tank.

I'll try to get a couple videos when it's done. I tried to put the drivetrain in it this past weekend but was owned by my cheap leveler that only has ~10" of travel. Going to try again this weekend, should have my headers back from the powder coating as well so I'll add a few pics

Comment

Well the motor and transmission are in the car finally, unfortunately I didn't have the right trans crossmember or selector rod so I'll be picking those up locally tomorrow. I did get something in the mail that I'm really excited about though:

A stock m20 ecu?

Plug n play megasquirt! No more closed loop at WOT so I can finally make the power that I should be making.

Comment

Oh nom nom, should be a very fun little car. Any more pictures of the progress?
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Progress!

Only got a little work done tonight, mainly just routing hoses and wiring. STILL waiting on my headers, hoping to get them first thing next week and I'm trying to sort the driveshaft dilemma, I thought I had what I needed but it's definitely not going to work.Going to try to pull the driveshaft out of my old e28 parts car thats been sitting in the back lot at work for 2 years or so, if I don't post again soon I was probably attacked by the hoard of rats that lives inside it, wish me luck!

Comment

Nice project , love your e30 !

Comment

Finally got everything bolted up after tons of small set backs... Now of course I can't get fuel or spark but no time to chase the gremlins because car goes in for exhaust tomorrow. when it gets back i'll get some sound clips, then cut/polish/seal and photos..

hmm.. This floor has a dip in the middle too for the drain. I already know I'm going to have problems with this

Stay tuned for sound clips, i promise they won't disappoint

Comment

I love those Azevs, nice work!
                    Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

looks like a cool project. what did you do to get from 3.5 -> 3.6l?
                      2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                      2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                      1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

still waiting for a sound clip Johnathan
                        aha great project though

Comment

Gah, I love this car.

What wheels are those?

Comment

Finally got the thing moving under its own power after many small issues. Here's a quick vid before loading it onto the trailer to take it to the exhaust shop. I couldn't really rev it because, even though it doesnt sound like it in the video, it is unbelievably loud. Didn't want to piss off my parents neighbors.

First start of my room mate's e30 with m30 engine swap. Putting it on the trailer to take it to the exhaust shop.

The wheels are Azev A's and the motor is a euro bored b35 block with m90 pistons using the longer stroke of the b35, pretty heavily ported head, 290 cam, etc etc

Comment

okay first thaat video dosent do that m30 any justice.. lol theres no bass so it just sounds like a damn mini lol

whats the final cr?

Comment

wow that thing is sick!!! i need to get an e30.
                                http://turbo-2.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X