No announcement yet.

'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your car was one of my inspirations for picking up an old Merc recently. I got a 73 W108 280se 4.5L that needs a lot of love and a lot of low, but it's going to be a great project. Keep up the great work man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmaudi View Post
      Your car was one of my inspirations for picking up an old Merc recently. I got a 73 W108 280se 4.5L that needs a lot of love and a lot of low, but it's going to be a great project. Keep up the great work man!
      same here ’73 4.5 from NY
      Haven't had a chance to actually do anything with it though moving owns my life right now….
      Here she is planning on bagging as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmaudi View Post
        Your car was one of my inspirations for picking up an old Merc recently. I got a 73 W108 280se 4.5L that needs a lot of love and a lot of low, but it's going to be a great project. Keep up the great work man!
        thanks man, i'm looking forward to seeing your benz come along as well.

also i'm hoping to have the car out of the garage sometime before the weekend, so an update is coming.

build thread?

Comment

• I love your benz man.
          I can't wait for the next update.
          Keep up the good work!

Comment

• good stuff in here. definitely my favorite thing from new jersey this year
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• tonight i test fitted suzuki samurai front shocks... and there perfect!!! small in diameter, like 15" extended, 9" compressed and only 15$, i highly recommend them.

build thread?

Comment

• Can you get a picture of the front aired up with the new shocks?
                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• i will, it might not be till the weekend, the car is still on stands in the garage. i'm trying to get the car together so that (if the wife lets me) i can drive down to h2o super early saturday morning and then leave before it gets to late saturday night.

build thread?

Comment

• Cool I'd appreciate it. I have 69 camaro shocks and they're not going to allow me to have much lift...

Comment

• what are you using the stock lower shock mount? did alittle searching, the suzuki shocks would give you .75" more of extended lenght over the camaro shocks (based off the kyb specs)

build thread?

Comment

• I cut the stock lower mount off and used it on the new shocks with a small spacer. Worked like a charm.

Comment

• nice work man. i just picked one of these up today! pm'ing you questioning about bags

Comment

• Last night took the car for a drive and it worked, it actually worked really well, the suspension is all back together. The car sits on the ground and there is nothing hanging lower the the cross member. Which i plan on hacking up a little bit once the winter comes.

engine raised:

bag mount:

ground:

sorry i didn't get you these pics soon here it is up and down with the shocks

thinking about it now i should have measured the two heights

also roller and pulled the fronts some more:

mounted the rear wheels:

and the exhaust system got fixed, some trim panels where replaced and i redid the trunk. i hope to have a chance to clean her up this week, get her out of the garage, and i'll have some good pictures too. there is about two months of dust of the car right now.

build thread?

Comment

• excellence
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Last edited by bobbyjones; 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM.

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X