Clear All

• build thread?

Comment

• What does that mean?
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        What does that mean?
        nothing stalker lol. sold the car it's fixed and on 18s now blah...just going threw old pics yesterday.

build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
          nothing stalker lol. sold the car it's fixed and on 18s now blah...just going threw old pics yesterday.
          Shame. Even though I eventually went W124, this build was a huge inspiration. It was this and the Colour of Money that convinced me that air was the way to go.

Hope you get into another project soon.

Comment

• The colour of money is ripped apart in boxes, awaiting a workspace, time, money, and a lot of sheet metal work.

Shame what happened Bobby, but at least the car is still going. Any tips on the M110 engine? I've been hired to bring a '73 280 back to life after improper long term storage, and I'm only familiar with the diesels. Shoot me a pm if you want

Comment

• Respect!

Hey BobbyJones, just wanted to show you respect and to thank you for your thorough documentation of your project. My wife has (more than once) threatened to do the same thing. Long hours, thousands of dollars spent and the needs of young kids all add to the pressure. That's life giving you both barrels, my friend. I'm riding static but seeing your suspension mods gives me reason to seriously consider going with an air suspension. Can you tell me, when you had your air dialed in, did the car have a really nice and soft ride? With 2 coils cut mine rides pretty comfortably after a full suspension rebuild but driving through a parking lot filled with speed bumps SUCKS! LOL! Thanks for being a stand up guy and doing this thread. All the best, brother!

Comment

• also fixed the lighting on a few dash items

I know this is super old thread, but question regarding dash lights.
                Mine arent working at all and I cant figure it out. only one that is working is the cooler knob light. any ideas whats happened?

Comment

• How did you block the mk2 light in your headlight? The one of the mk2 and a little bigger than the one of the w114 and does not fit in the chrome ring that makes the original fixation w114

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post

compairing the euro headlights to the crosshairs, i really like the euro ones. pulled the other one out of the box and

it's a bummer. doesn't matter much as i had to rip apart the whole trunk and most on the lower dash to get the v2 manifold and controler out to send to airlift. so now it sits again, apart, not working, fighting back and forth on ebay about the lens. bummer.

como consigo colocar as luzes vw mk2 em meus farois americanos?

Comment

• Originally posted by serrinha garage View Post

como consigo colocar as luzes vw mk2 em meus farois americanos?
                      Você tem um americano w114? Basta ter o estoque mercedes farol bezel off e tomar a luz mk2 vw fora da habitação vw e parafuso para o estoque mercedes habitação. E reinstale a moldura. Ambos os faróis são 7 "redondo.

build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by serrinha garage View Post
                        How did you block the mk2 light in your headlight? The one of the mk2 and a little bigger than the one of the w114 and does not fit in the chrome ring that makes the original fixation w114
                        i didn't see the English post. ditch the chrome ring, it was there to house the stock 7" bulb.

build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanByrneJ07 View Post
                          also fixed the lighting on a few dash items

I know this is super old thread, but question regarding dash lights.
                          Mine arent working at all and I cant figure it out. only one that is working is the cooler knob light. any ideas whats happened?
                          60% there is a lose/dirty connection
                          30% the bulbs are burnt out
                          10% there is an actual problem.

build thread?

Comment

• Hello man, It's all right with you?
                            Any other changes in the Benz?
                            One question? Do you speaks Portuguese?
                            I´m restoring a w115 of 75 240d 3.0-.....and i want to bagged them.

greetings from Portugal

Comment

• nice

Comment

• So, if you can see this it is the start of 2019. it's been a while since I was involved on stanceworks, I have tried a few times to buy back the w114 which to the best of my knowledge still sits dented up almost exactly like it was five years ago. For me the last five years have been ever-changing. The simple way to put it is; the garage when the the w114 build thread started is no longer part of my life, the garage where the w114 was put together in, stored in and damaged in is no more as well. The upside of all this, personal life and the past aside, I purchased a silver 2001 bmw 325i for $450 with the original intentions of spec46 racing. As the car is starting to evolve into something it changes my perspective. I'm not a race car driver, I'm far from a gentlemen driver, and more-so I just don't have that kind of budget. I love to tinker, I love to make things work the way I imagine they should, most importantly I like sharing that with like minded people.

With that being said. I think I'm going to make a new build thread in the spring or sooner, very similar to the w114 thread, the car the garage, road trips, and whatnot.

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X