'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lewda View Post
    thanks dude! Love your car, I am hoping to get around to lowering the 280SE tomorrow....well see what happens. Are there ever any good east coast meets?
    sowo and h20, i was already told by the wife we have plans the weekend of sowo

Originally posted by Topazkd View Post
    love this merc! everything fits in sooo right!
    thanks man

Originally posted by euromarko View Post
    Very Informative build! Makes me want to start mine but I've been saying this for a couple of years lol beautiful car !!!!
    do it! thanks.

build thread?

Comment

• Spent some time in the garage today, took this picture of the trunk. it's going to stay like this for a while. it looks finished and is functional. hard to tell in the picture but is fully carpeted.

i've been pretty bummed with the way the car sits for sometime now, so now is as good of time as any to make some changes, on the to do list is to get rid the hump at the rear of the cross member.

all i want is the front to sit a half inch lower. and the rear fenders need to be pulled a little, the rear wheels made wider, the front wheels need to be spaced out more, blah,blah,blah.

i don't know if you can see the reverse rake and needed room for improvement needed in that picture, but i can. more to come...

build thread?

Comment

• The crossmember is mounted on rubber mounts. If they are newish, you're at max height. I would imagine the half inch you desire could be achieved with some custom urethane mounts a half inch shorter???

Playing with the steel is opening a hornet's nest....

Will the sump then be the lowest point? (It IS on my 6.3s!!!!!)
        52 Ford f1
        62 Pontiac Bonneville
        69 300SEL6.3 x 2

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
          sowo and h20, i was already told by the wife we have plans the weekend of sowo
          Damn you got blocked a year in advance? I havent been to an event in ages! Finally pulled my 280 out of the garage tonight to get my wifes 190E in to check out the voltage regulator and the springs are settling nicely, i will have to get a picture this weekend.

Comment

• So clean and awesome!
            Current; 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon, turbo
            1965 Plymouth Fury 2dht
            x;1969 Opel Rekord | 1966 Rambler American - Maagnuuzz@Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by V8Finny View Post
              The crossmember is mounted on rubber mounts. If they are newish, you're at max height. I would imagine the half inch you desire could be achieved with some custom urethane mounts a half inch shorter???

Playing with the steel is opening a hornet's nest....

Will the sump then be the lowest point? (It IS on my 6.3s!!!!!)
              i didn't think about changing the subframe mounts to something shorter, the sump was the lowest part i raised the motor up about an inch, with my plans for the subframe, the sub frame will still sit lower then the sump is.

i just want to remove the bottom of that c section and weld in a flat piece, i don't think it's going to cause any problems, but i do somewhat agree that there isn't much more room to get lower, the control arm eccentrics are currently just over a half inch. if i can get them on the ground i would be ecstatic.

build thread?

Comment

• Holy batman this thing is amazing!!!
                Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• i found it! i wanted to make sure there was room to go lower before pulling the subframe. so i pulled a wheel off and it turns out the ground isn't the only thing holding up my front end.

gosh darn control arm is hitting the sub frame. maybe tomorrow i'll notch it and see where it goes from there. if anyone wants to play along at home currently 8" from fender lip to center of hub.

build thread?

Comment

• i'll finish up this project next weekend, very happy about the progress i have made so far.

build thread?

Comment

• awesome benz man! I'm building on one of these.. benz with mesh wheels is just right. looking for permission to save the pics at canibeat sir, may I?
                      cheers!
                      Originally posted by Wout CSL
                      The throwing star look stunnin' on your E36 !

Comment

• Originally posted by PG1_Euro36 View Post
                        awesome benz man! I'm building on one of these.. benz with mesh wheels is just right. looking for permission to save the pics at canibeat sir, may I?
                        cheers!
                        thanks man. yes you can do whatever you would like with the pictures, side note: i don't agree with the old benz mesh wheels thing, for example:

it's the exact same car as mine, thinking about getting rid of the wheels for something different.

build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                          thanks man. yes you can do whatever you would like with the pictures, side note: i don't agree with the old benz mesh wheels thing, for example:

it's the exact same car as mine, thinking about getting rid of the wheels for something different.
                          Thank you man, aye I see.. that benz is just looks similiar to yours but with dthe different color, and yours is much more cleaner imo. Cheers mate! Keep up your good works.
                          Originally posted by Wout CSL
                          The throwing star look stunnin' on your E36 !

Comment

• The last thing I wanted for mine was mesh wheels. That being said, these really do your car justice. I can't wait to see the outcome of all your weight reduction mods you've got going on there.
                            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• i'm going to pull the sub frame out, it's going to be to hard for me to weld under there, plus it needs new bushings. this isn't going to happen till after the holiday

build thread?

Comment

• Love this build as iv just brought one and its only the same colour as yours
                                The main reason for buying was the colour combo on it.

She needs some love and some air but its all happening as we speak.
                                Il defo be on for some air advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X