• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found these cell phone pictures someone snapped

IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      You guys pm me some numbers and i'll hit you up
      I should have looked back at this thread before now lol. I'll pm you now for future reference.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
      Originally posted by nickskater09
      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

When you lowered it, how did you go about taking the front springs out? Im not sure how similar the suspension is to the w108 chassis but I'm frightened of the front springs. Apparently they are rediculously long when unsprung.

Comment

Yea it was interesting when it all blasted apart lol I just used a jack to lower the lower control arm down real easy once I got the ball joint lose.

Comment

Very reassuring... Fuck it, I guess I gotta just go for it. Car isn't gonna lower itself

Comment

scrape scrape scrape... lol Loved hearing you drive away.
              sigpic
              instagram: chompsticks

Comment

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
                Very reassuring... Fuck it, I guess I gotta just go for it. Car isn't gonna lower itself
                you couldnt just use a spring compressor to keep it from flying out? im not familiar with these cars at all so im not trying to be a wise-ass haha

and if you cant do that maybe wrap a chain around it and go to town on it with a grinder

Comment

Great build, very entertaining already You gonna respray her when stance is all dialed in?
                  slamburglars.com

Comment

When you lowered it, how did you go about taking the front springs out? Im not sure how similar the suspension is to the w108 chassis but I'm frightened of the front springs. Apparently they are rediculously long when unsprung.
                    do you have the correct spring compressors for the rear?
                    you can use them incorrectly on the front: take a smaller disc put it half way up the coil, and take a larger disc and put it over top the upper spring retaining cup. now take the sprung pressure off the lower control arm. i marked and removed the eccentrics on the lower control arms, removed the shocks, rotated the lower control arm out of the way of the compressed spring, then decompressed the spring. safely took like 15-20mins. don't kill yourself with those coils they can be dangerous.

build thread?

Comment

You just have to be careful. I used a lift and all the proper tools to make the best of a bad situation since I don't have a spring compressor. The rears we just cut on the car.

Originally posted by chompsticks View Post
                      scrap scrap scrap... lol Loved hearing you drive away.
                      Haha thanks man I was laughing almost the entire time.

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                      you couldnt just use a spring compressor to keep it from flying out? im not familiar with these cars at all so im not trying to be a wise-ass haha

and if you cant do that maybe wrap a chain around it and go to town on it with a grinder
                      Yep, that's the best idea lol

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                      Great build, very entertaining already You gonna respray her when stance is all dialed in?
                      Yea I'm pretty sure it's getting fresh paint. I just haven't decided on a color yet.

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                      do you have the correct spring compressors for the rear?
                      you can use them incorrectly on the front: take a smaller disc put it half way up the coil, and take a larger disc and put it over top the upper spring retaining cup. now take the sprung pressure off the lower control arm. i marked and removed the eccentrics on the lower control arms, removed the shocks, rotated the lower control arm out of the way of the compressed spring, then decompressed the spring. safely took like 15-20mins. don't kill yourself with those coils they can be dangerous.
                      Listen to this guy he speaks the truth.

Comment

got more on that red one?
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

He's a member on here. Look up some of his threads for it. Mushroom_Toy
                          Last edited by aLaFleur; 05-21-2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

tnx bro

Comment

His is definitely shitting all over mine... for now

Comment

you got skills bro, seen some of your other threads

i'm sure this merc will be awesome too later on (lick of paint will make so much difference imo)

Comment

Working...
                                X