Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simply brilliant, loving the direction. congrats on the feature as well

you have any more track footage?
    Last edited by softg; 12-25-2012, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• LOL is that a wooden front splitter?
      God bless this mess

Comment

• Originally posted by softg View Post
        simply brilliant, loving the direction. congrats on the feature as well

you have any more track footage?
        Thank you. Unfortunately no other track footage since I've only been testing. I should have more soon though.

Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
        LOL is that a wooden front splitter?
        Yes it is. You do realize that most splitters on track cars are made of wood? The pretty CF ones that don't mount to the body are mainly for show. Despite this I'm still toying with the idea of making my own CF splitter. Composites are interesting. I just don't know if I have the time.

So the coilover installation went pretty smooth and I am very happy with the results. The car is much more nimble and with the custom digressive valving the ride quality is surprisingly good.

Here is how it sits with the coils.

(photos courtesy of Rocky Wong http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockytwong/)

I was having some issues with getting camber in the front, so I decided to pull the lower control arms and have them extended. It adds camber, decreases my scrub radius, and helps fix some of the geometry messed up when lowering the car.

Here are the arms after the work was done.

Comment

• best build ever & my fave car to follow on instagram <3

flickr
          TUMBLR
          instagram @btober

Comment

• Love this ongoing project! The fact that you make something that works, rather all bling and shiny stuff makes me happy

Keep it up! And more pics..

- 1983 Porsche 944 Turbo Clubsport
            x 1990 Porsche 944 Turbo S
            x 1982 Porsche 944 Cup

Comment

• This thing is amazing. So well done. I just wish you weren't so busy! haha

Comment

• Hnnnggg this car.

I'm really digging the wooden beams/ceiling and brick design of the shop. I guess being a structural engineer's son does that to ya.

What's next with the car? Just track it how it is or further modifications?

Comment

• There are spoilers on the top of spoilers, no rear bar, coils and just a generally cool vehicle.

This is freaking awesome, I love it!

Comment

• Im so in love with this car. Perfect everything!

Comment

• A couple years ago I got some seat time in a '76 911. It was brought to the US from Germany and had the turbo widebody added on to it here in the US. The body was rough, the interior was shot, but mechanically it was sound. I'll never forget driving that thing, it was way too much fun. Ever since then I've always wanted an older 911, this thread really makes me want a 911 now. Absolutely love it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• An incredible piece of machinery, still looking as fresh faced and beautiful as it did in '76.

Subbed

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

• This is art! Nice to see it being put to use on the track!

Comment

• i love this so much! any thought of doing the rest of the car in the martini livery to match the decklid?
                            i have two e30's sitting in my driveway but sadly nothing happens very quickly

my tumblr for anyone thats interested: http://crispyas.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Awesome ride.

Comment

• Yes yes... YES!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X