No announcement yet.

Five- oh swap into an e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart! You didn't post any numbers! Sad.

The car seriously sounds so mean now. Love iiiiiiiit

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• A few things. I noticed my passenger side rad support was starting to fail. You can see the plastic washer cracked , and the bolt was starting to pull through. Not want to lose my whole cooling system on a large bump, I went and spent $2 on some new bolts from Home depot.

before

And after

Got a new tach for my birthday(the current one has been dead for months), and I also picked up a cheap fan from walmart that I'm going to mount inside. Because, well, inconvenientcar.

Threw on the OSTDyno sticker Micah gave me.

Then spent $1.75 and used the do-it-youself car wash down the street from school. She's looking shiny.

During tuning, I managed to loose one of the pins to my $10 APC hood pins, so I took that as a sign to dig these bad boys out and see if I could mount them. $50 each and NHRA rated to 200mph+. Should do the job.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Also found these pics from the EuroGeeks April Fools meet thanks to my friend Rob(I forget your name on here, man!)

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• My man, my bro, have you considered going down the OEM route as far as body modifications? The car is absolutely fantastic! I just can't help but think how great it would be to see an all original (appearing) e30 (sans motor) would be...
          ///M3

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pedobear View Post
            My man, my bro, have you considered going down the OEM route as far as body modifications? The car is absolutely fantastic! I just can't help but think how great it would be to see an all original (appearing) e30 (sans motor) would be...

Haha, I've never once considered it

Before summer is over it will finally have a cage, as well as front splitter, canards and rear spoiler.

I appreciate the kind words though! Just not the direction I'm going in, though I would love to make a sleeper 5.0 e30 one day. All stock, down to springs etc.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
              Haha, I've never once considered it

Before summer is over it will finally have a cage, as well as front splitter, canards and rear spoiler.

I appreciate the kind words though! Just not the direction I'm going in, though I would love to make a sleeper 5.0 e30 one day. All stock, down to springs etc.
              Great! If you have not seen this before, then take a look: http://www.euroaddiction.net/forum/m...-ls1-swap.html
              ///M3

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pedobear View Post
                Great! If you have not seen this before, then take a look: http://www.euroaddiction.net/forum/m...-ls1-swap.html
                I actually haven't, thanks!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                  I actually haven't, thanks!
                  And you can look into Track.One in Middle Tennessee. They did that whole build. All they do is A+ work on every vehicle that comes in their shop.
                  ///M3

Comment

• gahh lets meet up this week sometime, i really wanna see this thing. ill make you a free pizza.
                    Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
                      gahh lets meet up this week sometime, i really wanna see this thing. ill make you a free pizza.
                      Cannot deny proposition! Free pizza=better than free sex.
                      ///M3

Comment

• Stuart, That is so eurotic that I just love everything that is happening here.....
                        ///M3

Comment

• So finals ended wednesday for me, and I had no classes until my May semester starts up this coming Tuesday. Unfortunately I was busy with moving my girlfriend back to her house, as well as packing up and moving out a lot of my stuff, helping people fix their cars etc, but finally found some time today. Started by tearing out some of the interior, the carpet and old seats. And then cleaned up and organized the rest of the interior and trunk. Didn't manage to get any after shots before it got dark, so I'll grab some tomorrow. Also the trunk got a little kick now

Now the fun part!

I didn't get before pictures, but I picked up some of the cheaper Corbeau fixed backs in black, and e30 sliders.

Took the bottom hex bolts out to put the sliders on

The sliders are really nice, like my last set. A lot of the base is painted in a textured black coat.

So I through those on

Now the issue. The harness holes in the neck area are MUCH smaller than the ones which were on my old Corbeau recliners, which meant sliding them through was a hassle. Only found one way in which each side would fit through.

Then I bolted the side mounts for the harnesses up.

And finished product, this is the passenger side, so the harness is a little beat up. I'll have pics of them in the car tomorrow

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• doing big things. i love the new seats! im finally getting my e30 back from the shop this upcoming week. should be all dialed and ready to go...
                            I'm a mercenary for the restaurant industry.

Comment

• Love the seats, homeslice. I bet they save you alotta poundage too.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Originally posted by M0ar.Stickers View Post
                                doing big things. i love the new seats! im finally getting my e30 back from the shop this upcoming week. should be all dialed and ready to go...
                                Thanks man! And nice!

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                                Love the seats, homeslice. I bet they save you alotta poundage too.
                                And then I regained that weight by putting a sub in

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X